pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

View Poll Results: vote for what he should do
sell the cocker and buy the 2000 imp 4 8.89%
keep the cocker and just up it 41 91.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #1
camo7030

please help out my brother (and poll)

ok my brother is 13 no true job and running on a minusclule budget and was thinking of instead of e blading his 04 prostock he wants to buy a 2000 impulse with a maxflo, blade trig frame, and empire relaoder b no pics dont know if has eyes dont know hardly anyhting and hes ready to put it (prostock) up for sale and keep in mind this was a tournament player and he wants to go shoot it a couple times and if it works buy it right there
tell him what you think
Old 06-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Samrog777

They made imps in 2000?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
Spinach

Send a message via AIM to Spinach
I say e-blade it.
Out Of Her Shell And Raise Hell
Don't Stop Till The Cops Come
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
aperson
Shoes FTW!

how much would the Impulse cost? If it's not a lot he should buy it and keep his cocker as a backup. Or he could just buy an Ion.
EVPaintball.com Best.Site.EVER.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
camo7030

the imp was like 350
Old 06-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
Samrog777

Quote:
Originally posted by Spinach
I say e-blade it.
I agree. If they even made imps in 2k, it wouldn't have eyes.
e-cocker with eyes > imp without
Old 06-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #7
aperson
Shoes FTW!

he should buy an Ion. it would outperform the Impulse, and also be cheaper than an e-blade.
EVPaintball.com Best.Site.EVER.
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Dark Master

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
he should buy an Ion.
Took the words right out of my fingertips...
Dark Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
camo7030

but the ebladed cocker would be sooo much better in every way exept matenance and weight pluss how would you like walking on to a feild and seeing 4165454845648954854564897 other noobs with your gun, not all peeple with ions are noobs but o so many r
Old 06-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Quote:
Originally posted by camo7030
but the ebladed cocker would be sooo much better in every way exept matenance and weight pluss how would you like walking on to a feild and seeing 4165454845648954854564897 other noobs with your gun, not all peeple with ions are noobs but o so many r
Do you know what you have just begun???
I'd say Eblade it or Ionize. But no, an Ebladed 04 Prostock would not be way better than an Ion.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
camo7030

pleez how so id like to hear why by the way an online sykic (ya mock my spelling) said id run into a noob with a ion today was she right?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #12
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
If you're referring to me, I have an Eblade and do not own an Ion. And anyone on here can tell you that Autocockers are becoming more and more outdated and Ions can rival their performance.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #13
camo7030

tell me how the 17 bps from the ion or uncapped from e2, legendary accuracy of cockers none of ion, legendary reliability of cockers ion still in diapers, test of time and this fad of ions
please i have nothing against ions but dont compare a kitten to a lion, taurus to lambos, iron to titanium, uma thurman to jessica alba, i had to have made sence with at least one of them but please dont say s*** you cant back buy any means
Old 06-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #14
Apache Baller
You already know.

Send a message via AIM to Apache Baller
Quote:
tell me how the 17 bps from the ion or uncapped from e2, legendary accuracy of cockers none of ion, legendary reliability of cockers ion still in diapers, test of time and this fad of ions
please i have nothing against ions but dont compare a kitten to a lion, taurus to lambos, iron to titanium, uma thurman to jessica alba, i had to have made sence with at least one of them but please dont say s*** you cant back buy any means

hmm
weight ion>cocker
profile ion>cocker
matenice ion>cocker
accurcy ion=cocker all guns are the same

and for the price of an e-blade you could buy a pred board and many upps

i own a cocker and plan to buy an ion

an upped ion would tear an upped cocker to pieces
Apache Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #15
Everlight389

Quote:

Oh boy... uncapped E2, with no ramping, so your never going to get above 17 anyways. New software, maybe, but E2's don't come with it, and neither do E1's. I wouldn't call the Ion a fad either, considering that it actually performs well while "fads" like the old BKO's did not.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Autocockers aren't really any better than an Ion except in the efficency department (and only by a pod or so). Ion will always be smoother to shoot and lighter than an autococker, along with being shorter and smaller overall. Ion also is alot easier to maintain. Hell, personally I hate the back block operation because I can't play very tight. They're fun to shoot outside playing, but I personally don't like playing with them very much.

Don't get me wrong, autocockers are nice markers, but don't dare bash the Ion because it can keep up just as well for about $300 less.

My vote actually goes for him selling the cocker, adding the money he saved, and getting something really nice like a DM3, used vision shocker with virtue, Cyborg, or something in the high end realm.
And yes, I can back up my statements. I've owned both

Edit: Oh lord, I missed the accuracy argument... I needed a good laugh. Both are just as consistent as the next, and the rest of accuracy is paint to bore match. And I'd take open bolt over closed so I don't have balls rolling out the barrel when I have a bad match.

Last edited by Everlight389 : 06-18-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Everlight389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #16
camo7030

first off you can get over 17 on a cocker i know people who can second it is a f****** fad you know how many sold in like 1 month its a tippmann all over again and no i dont have anthing wrong with ions (yet its people like you who are making me develope this hate) i just see so so little negociable comparasins between the two by the way i also own both, pluss as adjustable the cocker is you can set it up so you f****** rip on it and maybee you couldnt before with the other settings lets see you do some mayor adjustments to a ion o my bad you cant o and how kick a** is having a screen instead of those f****** lights that f***s with your head and screws you all up when tring to adjust it and lest see you use a training mode on a ion to get 28000 shots out of a 68 45 i have and like i said if you even read the post he has a limited budget so he cant afford a dm anything or shock or anything over 500 bucks there you done
Old 06-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #17
camo7030

and dont say accuracy everyone knows exect you aparently closted bolt guns are the most accurate and last i checked an ion isnt one and he will have a good paint to barrel mach with the freak so dont worry about balls rolling out
by the way what kind of upgrade diversity is there again for ions o thats right no comparison to that of cockers
Old 06-18-2005, 08:30 PM   #18
Apache Baller
You already know.

Quote:
and dont say accuracy everyone knows exect you aparently closted bolt guns are the most accurate and last i checked an ion isnt one and he will have a good paint to barrel mach with the freak so dont worry about balls rolling out
by the way what kind of upgrade diversity is there again for ions o thats right no comparison to that of cockers
n00b the closed-bolt theroy is a myth any gun is as accurate as the next
Old 06-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #19
Apache Baller
You already know.

Quote:
first off you can get over 17 on a cocker i know people who can second it is a f****** fad you know how many sold in like 1 month its a tippmann all over again and no i dont have anthing wrong with ions (yet its people like you who are making me develope this hate) i just see so so little negociable comparasins between the two by the way i also own both, pluss as adjustable the cocker is you can set it up so you f****** rip on it and maybee you couldnt before with the other settings lets see you do some mayor adjustments to a ion o my bad you cant o and how kick a** is having a screen instead of those f****** lights that f***s with your head and screws you all up when tring to adjust it and lest see you use a training mode on a ion to get 28000 shots out of a 68 45 i have and like i said if you even read the post he has a limited budget so he cant afford a dm anything or shock or anything over 500 bucks there you done
its not really a fad as it is a revolutION (sry i had to) it is as good as everyone says it is and upgradeability and ajustments dont mean anything because the ion doesnt need many

lets the the ups you need to make the two good guns

Cocker
stock cocker 350$
eblade 400$
nexus kit 200$
good barrel 70
reg 80
=1100$
hmm

Ion
stock ion 285$
gev 30$
pred board 170$ (not sure)
good barrel 70$
reg 80
=635$

and the ion will be much better
Old 06-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #20
camo7030

first off its not a myth second all itd take was stock for 350 and e1 for 200 and there you have it an AUCTOCOCKERarific (its to hard to find a word with auto cocker in it )gun that is as fast but more accurate adjustable reliable and original and has backing of millions worldwide