pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
loldongs
Banned

Upgrading my cocker

OK as you all know it has been my dream for years now to own a autococker now I have one thanks to a kind gentlemen in south africa.
Cocker is in attachement.
Can you guys point out some things i can upgrade i want to put on a proper ASA and reg for HPA. The eyes are broken so I'll need to replace them.
thnx
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
Lenny17

First thing first - play with it. Cockers are magnificent guns, and you can upgrade the bejeesus out of them. But I wouldn't go ahead and start doing it just yet, see what it is that you like and don't like first. The thing with cockers is that they can be very finicky, if you replace too many parts at once you'll make a nightmare for yourself.

As for an ASA - I tend to like the Chek-it ASAs: http://paintballgateway.com/chitunse.html, although any will do.

Another thing you'll need to know is the year of the marker. Around '99-2000 they made some changes internally, so it is important to know. It looks like a newer one, but I'd need to know the serial number to know for certain.

Also, another good source for cocker parts is the Custom Cockers forum: http://www.customcockers.com/forum/index.php. They are a lot of people really dedicated to cockers, so you'll be able to find stuff there pretty easily.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!

Last edited by Lenny17 : 07-03-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
thats an 03 so everything is 2k+ and standerd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
loldongs
Banned

hmmm I've tried it there at first I had to replace o rings on the bolt now it fires at 200-211 fps how do i adjust this?
also can I have some links to were I can get spares for it.
it seems to need some work also how do i adjust the eblade it is ver 1.06
Old 07-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
read the super faq

Quote:
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.

~My Feedback~
Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #6
Uziel Gal
Legend

You can adjust the velocity by unscrewing the cocking rod and then dropping in a 3/16" allen key - that's assuming the stock hammer kit or a similar aftermarket one, but not a Rex Sidewinder or anything of that ilk. Clockwise to increase velocity, anti-clockwise to decrease it - again, that's assuming a stock style hammer kit.

Having said that - and assuming that you are using an HP output air system - your low velocity may actually be due to too much pressure going in to the marker and holding the valve closed. The newer hammer kits - '98 and onwards - are really intended for use with a regulator, and use from low to mid pressures. As such, I would strongly recommend getting hold of a regulator before you do any more fiddling. The 2K3 Autococker would have actually come stock with a regulator, but the previous owner has obviously removed it for one reason or another.

Do you have the E-Blade manual?

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #7
loldongs
Banned

I don't have a manual but I do have a quick way of finding things out like the setup button I got I figured out how to time and what not it.
however the weird thing underneath the barrel with the 'e' on it can someone explain that to me
Old 07-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #8
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

thats your 5way solenoid

it acts as your 3way setting the bolts position open and loading/cocking the marker or closed and ready to fire

Quote:

~My Feedback~
Old 07-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
loldongs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
You can adjust the velocity by unscrewing the cocking rod and then dropping in a 3/16" allen key - that's assuming the stock hammer kit or a similar aftermarket one, but not a Rex Sidewinder or anything of that ilk. Clockwise to increase velocity, anti-clockwise to decrease it - again, that's assuming a stock style hammer kit.
It worked however the thing is stripped I will have to replace it soon
Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
Uziel Gal
Legend

http://www.planeteclipse.com/folders...EbladeVol1.pdf

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
loldongs
Banned

I found and downloaded it.
however i need to know what hammer kit I need to get to fix it and where I can get it I tried google but didn't do too well
Old 07-06-2009, 06:08 AM   #12
Lenny17

Wait, what is stripped? The IVG? (the part that the cocking rod goes through). If so, you can always buy another one, you don't need a new hammer.

Two other things to consider though - you might need to replace the hammer springs. If they are old and compressed, that will make it hard to reach velocity. But before you do that, I'd check something else - it's possible that the screw holding on your grip frame or beavertail is locking the IVG in place, making it impossible to turn. I'd try taking off your beavertail and seeing if that solves your problems.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
loldongs
Banned

The IVG is stripped where you adjust the velocity the spring is fine i just need to replace the IVG.
oh and serial number does show as the 2k3 cocker
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
socrplayr217

yea loldongs is right
socrplayr217 is offline   Reply With Quote