pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Custom Modifications

Old 01-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
paintudown
hey look, im famous

Send a message via AIM to paintudown
My masterpiece is complete!

Hey guys, its been a long time since I've been active on these forums, but I just finished my latest gun and been looking forward to uploading the pictures.

About a year ago I acquired an old Piranha paintball marker that although very basic, I saw that it had potential. My goal was to make an incredibly versatile marker that could be changed from constant air to 12 gram, from hopper to feed tube, from long gun to pistol and have you back on the field in time for the next game. And thus, "Nemo" was born.

Last edited by paintudown : 01-16-2010 at 12:59 PM.
paintudown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
paintudown
hey look, im famous

To begin the project I first created a stock. Using a broken Car. stock and the handlebar of a razor scooter (don't laugh) I created a piece that would attach it to the body of the marker. To do this I also had to file down the square back of the gun's trigger frame to accept the round pipe attachment.

After doing this I decided that the old welded on diagonal feedneck had to go. Breaking out the old hacksaw I was able to remove the piece and expose the chamber below. At this point there was no turning back so I began to cut and hammer out sheet metal that would be the new attachment piece to hold on the horizontal feed.

Next I removed the fore grip expansion chamber, bottom line, and asa. I then sawed off the stock barrel to match the length of the low pressure chamber and give the marker its "pistol" look.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
paintudown
hey look, im famous

To further void the warranty it was time for the drill press. Since the feed hole was to high up on the gun, I drilled a new one into the side of the marker. (Not pictured sorry). Then using the metal piece I made I attached the original feedneck horizontally to the side of the marker.

The next part was easy. I installed a 12gram port where the expansion chamber had been, doing away with the traditional bulky tank.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
paintudown
hey look, im famous

Now this is where things got a little hairy. Using the leg of an old stilt (again, don't laugh), plastic piping couplers, washers nuts and bolts, a rubber band, and a dime (don't ask) I created the horizontal magazine for the marker.

From this angle you can get a general idea how it works. I am still considering switching from this method to a more traditional spring as soon as I can find one that might work.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
paintudown
hey look, im famous

Finally everything was given a fresh coat of paint and here are a few pictures of the finished product.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

NEW!!! Battle Ballz! Your bunker doesn't stand a chance against this hopper load of hell!

QUOTE:tippmann3221 i walk my pencil all the time during class... i cant stop. i need help.
QUOTE: Shimboodo Listen to Jaster, he knows these things.

Last edited by paintudown : 01-16-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Tony Montana 2
Tony Montana 2

like the stock same idea I used on my MR1. Is that a tippy feedneck your using to feed off a hopper if not how are you doing it?
Tony Montana 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
ems
Body bagged

1. I would like to say you are crazy on the other hand you are proably the best person for a a job that you have done... now you to hook it up to a 30 round clip or cyclone feed...

BUT congrats and it is a very cool marker....scope would be nice...
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Tony Montana 2
Tony Montana 2

Also for a spring that might work for your mag design one out of a pt xtreme pistol or even modifying a mag to fit and work on your marker would be cool and last longer, I think your home made one will wear and break in time, but just an idea I was going to use on my bolt action project when I start it.
Tony Montana 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
paintudown
hey look, im famous

Thanks for the comments guys, the feedneck in the first picture is the one off my alpha black (I cycloned that a while ago) but I instead of that, I am using an old spyder feedneck that I will just thread holes into the marker and it can be screwed on.

NEW!!! Battle Ballz! Your bunker doesn't stand a chance against this hopper load of hell!

QUOTE:tippmann3221 i walk my pencil all the time during class... i cant stop. i need help.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
ems
Body bagged

i would take one of those in a second, pretty much have a set up as a tiberus 9 with out the 400$ of gun, and if you were able to throw on a slincer and red dot sight it would be a very great thing...

putting that little red light on a face mask helps when running threw the woods ... i may try doing this with my old Vl triad...

Last edited by ems : 01-19-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
paintudown
hey look, im famous

hey EMS, i appreciate the comments but can you please refrain from discussing silencers anywhere on PBreview forums.

As is explained in the stickies on this forum, although silencers can be made, the legality of them is questionable. PBR has and will delete any threads describing them. Since I put a good bit of effort into making this one I'de rather it not get locked. Thanks bro.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
ems
Body bagged

sorry about that
Old 02-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
GorillaDigital

very sleek! parannas are pretty light to if i remember correctly, so that thing should be feather light. Hows the accuracy?
GorillaDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #14
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Not gonna lie, that was sick.

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #15
Govinda_T
Warrior Monk

Location: Pungistan, with a vacation home in India (Upstate NY)
Send a message via AIM to Govinda_T Send a message via MSN to Govinda_T Send a message via Yahoo to Govinda_T Send a message via Skype™ to Govinda_T
All I can say is... WINZILLA! Other than that, I'm speechless.
Callsign: PHOENIX
My Arsenal
Govinda_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
Ironman289
Paintball......

and the fish gets a new life.............its a work of ART. Well done!
Ironman289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
Govinda_T
Warrior Monk

Location: Pungistan, with a vacation home in India (Upstate NY)
Send a message via AIM to Govinda_T Send a message via MSN to Govinda_T Send a message via Yahoo to Govinda_T Send a message via Skype™ to Govinda_T
Cool

So... I do believe I have a mess to clean up. BRB. Hahaha. Very sick and slick indeed. You make daddy proud. lmao
Callsign: PHOENIX
My Arsenal
Govinda_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #18
dubpaintball

Excellent job paintudown! That's craftmanship for you. I wish I have the same drive to modify or customize my marker.

My favorite paintball sniper rifle supply.
dubpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote