pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Air Systems

Old 09-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #21
Ice Marine
Marine Made Of Ice

Send a message via AIM to Ice Marine
Quote:
Originally posted by Uziel Gal
Crossfire have finally responded to this problem (in a limited fashion): -

QUESTIONS REGARDING D.O.T. NOTIFICATION AND G.C.I.

"CrossFire Paintball, Inc. is looking into the D.O.T.'s notification regarding G.C.I. (Global Composites) and will respond soon. We would appreciate if you would send us your name, address, telephone number, what product you purchased, serial number (ex: DEM 154 - A0817) and where it was purchased (ex: store name, city and state).
In the subject line of your e-mail state; "Regarding GCI Bottles", so it is easier for us to follow and notify you with our response."

info@crossfireinc.com
Ewww... Finally "responded" and saying pretty much nothing...
Ice Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:51 PM   #22
FONG

Send a message via AIM to FONG
What crossfire is gonna do (finally):

CROSSFIRE NITROGEN SYSTEMS
PRODUCT WARNING

Products At Issue In This Notice:
3000 PSI Nitrogen Systems with pressure tanks bearing DOT-E 12695
4500 PSI Nitrogen Systems with pressure tanks bearing DOT-E 12695

Reason for Warning:
In 2005, some Crossfire Nitrogen Systems were manufactured using GCI (Global Composites International) carbon fiber cylinders or tanks. These tanks were manufactured by GCI and supplied to Crossfire with correct U.S. Department of Transportation specification and certification. However, the U.S. Department of Transportation has recently issued a Safety Advisory Notice stating that the GCI tanks are unsafe and could cause serious personal injury, death or property damage. You can view the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Safety Advisory Notice at: http://www.hazmat.dot.gov/regs/notic...70fr-47273.htm

Action Necessary:
Crossfire requests that the owners, distributors or handlers of the affected products immediately cease any and all use of the tanks. Take the tank to a qualified refilling station to have the pressure relieved. The tank should not be refilled and will not be re-qualified for service.

Product Return Procedure:

Contact Crossfire at www.crossfireinc.com and in the comment section add “GCI Tank Return.” We will use this information to contact you.

Have a qualified refilling station relieve the pressure from your tank.

Return the Crossfire Nitrogen System (with regulator attached) to Crossfire, Inc., 2980 Interstate Pkwy, Kalamazoo, MI 49048. DO NOT SEND THE TANK TO US WITHOUT FIRST HAVING THE PRESSURE RELIEVED BY A QUALIFIED REFILLING STATION, AS THIS MAY VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW.

Also enclose with the tank a $40.00 check made payable to Crossfire, Inc., your name, address and telephone number, and Crossfire will install a new tank to your regulator and return it to you as soon as practicable.

Crossfire appreciates your understanding and cooperation and sincerely regrets any inconvenience caused by the defective tanks manufactured by GCI. We strive to provide safe products of the highest quality, and will exercise all appropriate steps to see that any safety issues such as the one discovered by the U.S. DOT is corrected. We thank you for cooperating with our efforts.

Sincerely,
Chris Havlock
President of Crossfire, Inc.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #23
Tabris17
Super Moderator

I called Crossfire to ask about the tank recall and got some stuff cleared. But I want to check with everybody first just to double check what they told me on something.
Is it normal for the bottom of the tanks to discolor to like a yellow and some of the air bubbles on the outer shell to grow larger around that area?
They told me it is normal and the bubbles are part of hte process but I just wanted to double check with everybody to see if that's normal for everybody as well.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #24
autocockerJJ192
Word To Your Mother

Hello has anybody who has a crossfire tank sent it in yet? I was talkin to the guy from crossfire about sendin it in and how much money to send and who to make the check out to, and he replied very fast and everything, but once i sent my tank in, i asked him to send me an email when he received it and stuff, but he hasnt got back to me for like a week. maybe im jus paranoid about gettin ripped off, but i know their a big company n all. but i was just wondering if anybody else has sent in there tank and got it bak?

iv'e been on nation for a while..

-dm4
-sniper tippmann 98c
autocockerJJ192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #25
FONG

Send a message via AIM to FONG
im still trying to get $40 ....lol
Old 10-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #26
kujo006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17
I called Crossfire to ask about the tank recall and got some stuff cleared. But I want to check with everybody first just to double check what they told me on something.
Is it normal for the bottom of the tanks to discolor to like a yellow and some of the air bubbles on the outer shell to grow larger around that area?
They told me it is normal and the bubbles are part of hte process but I just wanted to double check with everybody to see if that's normal for everybody as well.

huh that doesn't sound normal to me at all. turning yellow is one thing but the bubbles thing just freak me out. if i were you i wouldn't use that tank yet. i would give it to a professional to look at stuff like that, you might call me paranoid but you just talked to crossfire over the phone, that isn't convincing enough i know lots of people who make up stuff to make their jobs easier (one of them is me lol) i'm not stating that the guy u talked to is one of them but if it's something like that i would double cechk. bring it in to a scuba place and have them take a look at it or where ever you have your tank rehydroed they should know about stuff like that
kujo006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #27
autocockerJJ192
Word To Your Mother

i finally got my tank back from crossfire, with new fiberwrapping and everything. so if you havent sent in your crossfire tank yet DO IT NOW!

iv'e been on nation for a while..

-dm4
-sniper tippmann 98c
autocockerJJ192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:00 AM   #28
p3baller
Yoda Rules!!!

Talking

so the crossfire 4500psi tanks made by sci (structural composites industries) is safe? please say yes
p3baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #29
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Look at the DOT.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #30
Uziel Gal
Legend

SCI should be fine, the recall specifically relates to the GCI manufactured bottles.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #31
jokesquad

I dunno if you mods can do this but I think you should sticky this to every forum so that more people are likly to see it. It just seems to me that not many people will get this warning because i don't think this forum doesn't sees a lot of traffic.
jokesquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #32
Uziel Gal
Legend

This is posted here, in the Air System Trading forum (to help avoid people buying unsafe tanks) and in General Paintball Talk.

Unfortunately, a Moderator can only "stick" a topic in their own forums. If you would like to see this posted elsewhere, you could discuss it with Andrew, or one of the Supermoderators, as they can stick a thread in any forum.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #33
j_dog0416
Student of Everything

I think I shall stay away from buying any tanks off ebay for a while...

Feedback
j_dog0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:35 PM   #34
iluvmyTES

yea i bought my tank off of ebay, and im confused. the dot number is 3ht300 or sumtin like dat, but im really confused so like can some one help me out?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #35
Uziel Gal
Legend

Metal tank? If so, it isn't effected by this product recall, which only applies to fibre wrapped tanks. The 3HT code means that the bottle needs hydro testing every three years.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 11-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #36
dp rocks
Bob Saget's Best Friend

Send a message via AIM to dp rocks
my bro has a macdev tank and im not sure if it is good or not and i need this answered right away b/c it has air in it.heres was it says in thios order:

(MACDEV symbol)
www.macdev.net
TC-SU 5134-310
DOT-E 10915-4500
EJ 22097 Luxfer
6 05 ree: 15
Luxfer part number: P11F-5 Carbon fiber

Please get back asap
trust
dp rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #37
Uziel Gal
Legend

Where the label says "Luxfer", that means it was made by Luxfer, so it's fine. If the bottle said "GCI", it would have been made by GCI, and would need to be returned.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 11-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #38
dp rocks
Bob Saget's Best Friend

Send a message via AIM to dp rocks
i wasnt sure if that was the company or not

thanks
trust
dp rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #39
rawkfist
Captain Insano

i hate that stuff like this happens. Then your always worried about getting a faulty tank. And was air america part of that recall.
rawkfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #40
Uziel Gal
Legend

The only bottles effected were those that were made by GCI - any air system, from any company, that has been assembled with a bottle made by GCI and with the DOT exemption number quoted above would be effected, so first things first, you need to identify who made the bottle, rather than which company assembled the air system. If your air system isn't fitted with a GCI bottle, then you don't have a problem.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: