pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 06-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
IronKidzReborn
IronKidz

Send a message via ICQ to IronKidzReborn
Paintball Team name??

Ok, I've recently put together a 3 man paintball team and I am trying to get a good name for our team we were going to be IronKidz or IronKidz Reborn but thats out of the question because I have to relation to Ollie Lang.. Ha.. I've been thinking about Synergy is that already taken if so everyone that looks at this please put your part in and suggest names for us to name our team!!

Thanks- Matt

08 Proto SLG, Evolution 3 hopper, Dye Ultralite Barrel, Dye Feedneck, 3000 PSI 48 CU Pure Energy Nitrogen Tank, Hybrid Jersey with Empire Pants Blue Vents Mask Evil Gloves.. Thats my gear bag Tell me for all and good upgrades possible for this setup...
IronKidzReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Ryan Rowan
Super Noob :)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Rowan
Empires Erased ... i was gonna make a team and name it that..but found out i sucked at paintball..
Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Shadowfox2011
Sergeant Roberts

The Conquistadors (spanish for the conquers,If you did not know) I have a four man team named The Fighting 1st
who know neither
victory nor defeat”
Theodore Roosevelt
Shadowfox2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Shadowfox2011
Sergeant Roberts

and for those people who think that they suck to much to start a team. Find some people that you like (you friends) or can become friends with. that are about in the same skill braket and mabye one or two above you to teach you and the rest of the team.

My friends and I are not that good but we are a team and have fun playing together.
who know neither
victory nor defeat”
Theodore Roosevelt
Shadowfox2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Ryan Rowan
Super Noob :)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan Rowan
well i do suck...and my friends and I play woodsball...no tourneys around here for that... and my 2 friends that r good at it are in a team
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Marshal Davout

Look at yourselves. Do you have other hobbies that you can form a name from? Maybe an acronym of all the first letters of the first names of the team members. I also do geocaching with my wife. We have a team name Paintdragoon. It comes from her liking to paint and my Napoleonic Wars interest. Your name doesn't have to sound dangerous. It should be a reflection of the team members. How about the AC/DC classic, Thunderstruck? Angry Mob? Imperial Guard? Bulletproof? The Untouchables? The Terrible 57th? Plan B? FUBAR? Icicle Hot Spots? The Fleshrenders? Fatman in a Bucket?
Marshal Davout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Plan B is a team, they have a thread on PBN.
Heck, I recall a local team that played an event that was called '4 piece turkey dinner and mashed potatoes'. It was a 5-man team.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Marshal Davout

I did not know that. And what kind of a name is that for a five man team? That's a name for a seven man team. I mean, really.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
Marshal Davout

A few more name ideas. Oddjob. TuffGuys. Operator. Temporary Insanity.
Knights Templar. Last Resort. FailSafe. Chumbucket. The Horrible Whos. The Whatsits. Skinny Waldo and the Hopalong kids. Knuckledraggers for Hire. Sgt Fife and the Mayberry 5. Moonshot. Barrelplugsout. Customer#9. Pushing up Daisies. Force 5 from Oz. Bunker Beasts. Cowboy Willie and the Rustle Bunch. Cleanup on aisle 7. Stinkin' Badges. Shall I go on?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #10
Marshal Davout

Poison Weed, Blue Collar Crime Wave, Stumblebums, Mystery Men, Jack Booted Thugs, The Ironclads, Michaelangelo, Will Play For Paint, The Blowholes, Little Timmy and his Merry Band of Misfits, Playhard, Punchline, Jimmy Cracked Corn and I Want Some, Wordsmiths, Boondoggle, Situation Critical, Overlords, Critical Mass, The Parythardigans, Irresistible Force, Aftershock, Schoolyard Bully, Reenforcments, 1st Platoon, Fire mission Bravo,
Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
IronKidzReborn
IronKidz

Send a message via ICQ to IronKidzReborn
thanks everyone for all your help I finally chose the name Synergy thanks for all your help

08 Proto SLG, Evolution 3 hopper, Dye Ultralite Barrel, Dye Feedneck, 3000 PSI 48 CU Pure Energy Nitrogen Tank, Hybrid Jersey with Empire Pants Blue Vents Mask Evil Gloves.. Thats my gear bag Tell me for all and good upgrades possible for this setup...
IronKidzReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #12
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Poison Weed, Blue Collar Crime Wave, Stumblebums, Mystery Men, Jack Booted Thugs, The Ironclads, Michaelangelo, Will Play For Paint, The Blowholes, Little Timmy and his Merry Band of Misfits, Playhard, Punchline, Jimmy Cracked Corn and I Want Some, Wordsmiths, Boondoggle, Situation Critical, Overlords, Critical Mass, The Parythardigans, Irresistible Force, Aftershock, Schoolyard Bully, Reenforcments, 1st Platoon, Fire mission Bravo,
Please tell me you got 'The Blowholes' from that episode of 'Pete and Pete' back in the day. I will love you forever if that is indeed the case.

I seriously don't see what the big deal is with needing a serious team name. Especially at the 3-man level. You don't need a big serious name to play 3-man local tournaments.

I mean really, you don't need to go much further than Jeopardy categories or Wheel of Fortune type stuff to find a serviceable name that you can have some fun with. "Catch These Men" or "The Pen is Mightier" from the old SNL skits would be just fun. Hell name it "I'd Like to Buy a Vowel" or "RSTLNE." It's not that tough.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
Marshal Davout

Synergy. Yeah that was gonna be my next suggestion.

Pete and Pete? Aren't those the guys that went out in a boat and one fell in?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Pete and Pete, it was a show on Nickelodeon back in the early/mid 90's. It was about two brothers named Pete and their 'coming of age' type experiences. That's neither here nor there, the point is that you missed out on earning some e-cool points.

The joke is "Pete and RePete." Your use of which makes me unsure if I should grumble about you being too much of a young whippersnapper to know what I'm talking about or too old to have been part of 'my generation.'
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
Tabris17
Super Moderator

His fathers strange, they're living happily deranged!
Dance Petunia, dance.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #16
hcpaintball

I'm pretty sure Iron Kids is an official Dye Team or at least it used to be their younger division. I know a couple players who used to play on it.
hcpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote