pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > New Paintballers

Old 07-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #141
Sureshotj88

Send a message via AIM to Sureshotj88 Send a message via Yahoo to Sureshotj88
Well it was a stupid idea not wear ur mask at all times and this should be example of wat a paintball can do.
Sureshotj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #142
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
dont up dead threads, especially when the person starting this thread, along with others, have said what you just said.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #143
=DyE-PrOto=

this was wen my friend shot me in the eye..that *******
CCM NORISE FEEDNECK
EBAY VALVE
HYBRID BRUCE LEE GRIPS
BLUE CP SHORTY
Back up--smart parts ion, q lock, 360 qev, shocktech dropforward, shocktech on/off, trinity o6 sick body blue, ndz blue blade trigger, blue macroline, Halo B Pure Energy 68/4500
=DyE-PrOto= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #144
Str8_Ballin

^ how exactly did that happen? Hope you get better man...

I was feild stripping my spyder while my brother was shooting at a tree. I stood up and took one off the cheek at point blank. I was super pissed and he felt pretty bad, turns out he was lowering the gun and hit the trigger accidentally.

Can never be too careful thats for sure. This thread's definetly making me more aware as to how easy this can happen.
TechT L7 Bolt
Warrior Clamping Feedneck
Warrior Roller Trigger
System X Asa on/off
Dye Sticky's
Str8_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #145
Yatsuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgitlin View Post
SHOULD is the key word. But I imagine if you take a survey of all the players on pbr, less than 10% wear their mask everytime they air (and/or test fire) their gun.

and don't worry, I made sure to stress the rarity of my mistake to everyone I had to tell. I also made sure they knew it wasn't during an actual day of play (since I was actually just testing/tweaking it).
-------

To zofarr & 98c: Yeah, this is definitely not a light situation, but part of me can't help but laugh. It was a really stupid, HIGHLY AVOIDABLE mistake. It always seems that the 1 time you don't double check something is the time something goes wrong. I already kinda look back and laugh on it. Yeah, it hurts, and kinda stinks, but there's nothing else to do but look, learn, and laugh (and pass the message on).

I really can't complain about getting an eye messed up doing something I like to do (well, partially related to something I like to do), when there are many other ppl in the world having worse situations that they didn't put themselves in ...

EDIT: and the fact I did it to myself doesn't make the sport look as bad atleast I hope it doesn't...
WOW.....awesome attitude man...it's kind of the way I think when I do something stupid to myself. God it sucks, but man, I am a moron for doing that (case in point...climbing a branch at 12 years old that a squirrel proly would have broke, and falling 20 feet...Glad I was a kid, cause any older and I proly woulda been paralyzed.) Looking back, I laugh at myself all the time, cause I SHOULD have known better, but cause I was awesome at climbing trees, thought nothing of it.
So yeah, in time, you proly will laugh at yourself (or your already doing it), but you'll never forget this lesson again....
Yatsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #146
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Send a message via AIM to mgitlin Send a message via MSN to mgitlin
Yup, I was actually laughing at myself that night... though slightly refrained from the pain...

I figure I already screwed up by being stupid, so hopefully seeing those pictures would keep someone else from doing the same.

It's no "firearm" by any means, but it can do some serious damage if you aren't careful--case in point. 1 cm lower, and my eyeball would've been fully ruptured...
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #147
GHSpanthers

yeah guys safety's no joke but dont let these stories scare you new guys off all these things are preventable if you wear goggles when playing or working on your gun to put it simply WEAR YOUR GOGGLES WHEN NEAR A MARKER THATS UNDER PRESSURE WITH NO BARREL BAG!!!
GHSpanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #148
PugPaintball68
Almost Not a Newb

My friend wants to build a private field in his woods, but I said maybe we should get a chrono because I don't want something like that to happen, or a paintball going through a mask. He said that the idea for buying a chrono is bull-crap [when he learned how much a chrono is]. Maybe this will starighten him out...
APEX Barrel
M249 Saw Stock
Tippmann Double Trigger
---------------------------------

you saw nothing...
PugPaintball68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #149
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
You'd have to buy a specially made weak mask to get a ball to actually break the lense. Most lenses on the mid-grade masks (as in, a $30+ mask) can stop 20 gauge shotgun blasts.
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #150
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCorps View Post
You'd have to buy a specially made weak mask to get a ball to actually break the lense. Most lenses on the mid-grade masks (as in, a $30+ mask) can stop 20 gauge shotgun blasts.
I've seen overchrono'd paintball guns crack car windshields... I wouldn't test the limits regarding my face if I could help it...

Pug: you can pickup a decent handheld chrono for < $70 if you look around. The extra safety is worth it, for sure...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #151
davediamond

Ouch
davediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #152
PandaPlague

Send a message via AIM to PandaPlague
Wow dude, I saw the pics and that's insane how it just missed your eye. That is definitely NOT luck at all, God was clearly there. I hope your not an atheist because the chances of that happening on its own is nil... Are you able to see with that eye now? (sorry for this late posting but i couldn't help but wonder)
PandaPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #153
mgitlin
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPlague View Post
Wow dude, I saw the pics and that's insane how it just missed your eye. That is definitely NOT luck at all, God was clearly there. I hope your not an atheist because the chances of that happening on its own is nil... Are you able to see with that eye now? (sorry for this late posting but i couldn't help but wonder)
Haha, nope... definitely not an atheist (in fact, my wife & I head up a youth group on friday nights )

Yeah, I know God was looking out for me. The vision has gotten much better. I still can't read with it or anything, but my peripheral vision is back to normal, and it's still useful.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #154
gumby13

well on the bright side you get to go out with one of those kick *** pirate eye patches until youget your vision back . you could even get a parrot , and say argghh . that'd be cool . hope the eye gets better dude
gumby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #155
MeganMariex3
Guru

wow, thanks for the post
MeganMariex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #156
that1dj

Wow. As a total newb wanting to get in to paintballing, you've definintely sealed what my first purchase is going to be.

Hope you get better, man.
that1dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #157
combat karl

mind you if you had of lost your eye, even in ten years you wouldent be laughing about it, i always take safety seriously, i think that electronic markers should have cross trigger safty as well, some dont (ie pirana) sp sp1 and many others. safty should not be left at "just turning your marker off" i had an accidentil misfire when i thought my marker was so called"turned off"
combat karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #158
mbusing

wow that sucks bro but i hope ur eye gets better. props for having a positive look on this. ur injury reminds me of when my friend stuck his finger down his barrel last weekend to get a paintball out and he shot his finger and ripped his nail off. it also reminds me of when a guy i used to hunt with also. he would point his shotgun at me and turn the safety off to scare me when we were little. thanks for posting this, it gave me a more cautious look on paintball now.
mbusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #159
s14swimshark105

that sucks, hope you can regain vision in that eye later on
s14swimshark105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #160
sladrarse

Send a message via ICQ to sladrarse
microsoft registry clean

windows vista registry cleaner best disk defrag software registry cleaner free uninstall programs clean my registry freeware community naturalnews com/members/Windows_5F00_Registry_5F00_Clean_5F00_Up/default aspx]best registery cleaners registry cleaner for windows vista free fix pc errors freeware regcleaner best freeware registry cleaners my computer is slow community naturalnews com/members/Windows_5F00_Registry_5F00_Clean_5F00_Up/default aspx]free registry repair tool best registry clean software repair corrupted windows fix windows registry best registry repair software best registry cleaner repair community naturalnews com/members/Windows_5F00_Registry_5F00_Clean_5F00_Up/default aspx]registry freeware