pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 11-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
NDNP8NT

Question Defiant 2 Vs Icd Fs-7

which marker to buy? They are around the price range. never heard anything bad about either marker. NEED HELP ON DECISION TO BUY.
NDNP8NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
lawnboi

I just made a thread like this and most of the people said fs-7 + there on sale a shorespaintball for 650 right now
Halo B
68/4500
lawnboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
most definatly the FS.
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
Everlight389

You spelled definitely wrong.

And it's not definitely anything. It's preference. You want a spool valve? Get a FS7. You want a intimidator? Get a defiant 2. Both work great.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
thats the way i spell, you will learn to like it

defiant to me, is fugly, dont like how they have that inverse threading or whatever for the reg, the stock trigger,barrel and the lpr.

I think the FS is good for the money. And spool valve is the best, even though i dont like spool valve that much .

Get a pimp, and be happy forever.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
thats the way i spell, you will learn to like it

defiant to me, is fugly, dont like how they have that inverse threading or whatever for the reg, the stock trigger,barrel and the lpr.

I think the FS is good for the money. And spool valve is the best, even though i dont like spool valve that much .

Get a pimp, and be happy forever.

Inverse threading is fixed with a $18 adapter. Triggers most people replace anyways. Stock barrel is actually one of the nicer barrels... better than ICD's at least, from my experience. LPR there's no real grounds for it being better. Both are actually very consistent.

Fact is, it's preference. Just like all high ends. Each have their ups and downs, there's no exceptions.

Spool valves are nice, but they don't shoot through breaks too well, while ram driven designs have no problems.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
hygbackman
"The Backman"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlight389

Inverse threading is fixed with a $18 adapter. Triggers most people replace anyways. Stock barrel is actually one of the nicer barrels... better than ICD's at least, from my experience. LPR there's no real grounds for it being better. Both are actually very consistent.

Fact is, it's preference. Just like all high ends. Each have their ups and downs, there's no exceptions.

Spool valves are nice, but they don't shoot through breaks too well, while ram driven designs have no problems.
exactly
hygbackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #8
cardude1

I'd go with the defiant. I asked someone at my local pro shop, and they say any freestyle is horrible. He said it is basically $200 worth of parts and an outragious sticker price just because it is "claimed" to be the fastest gun on the market. Im not saying its not fast or anything. Anyhow he also said that when the Naughty Dogs go to tourneys, they take about 20 or more because they always breakdown. Pretty much one game and thats it. So do what you want, my choice is the Defiant because its made by Bob Long and its a fairly reliable name. The defiant is also deciantly fast.
cardude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #9
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Can't go by what 1 guy at a pro shop said. Theres alot of people at proshops which are biased and only stick to mainly one type of gun from a company. I know one who only likes timmys and tends to think everything else is crap. One which just likes angels. One who just likes tippys, and so on.

FS can be very reliable, its all on the user. And generally pro teams either can troubleshoot their guns, or teched for the guns so they can fix them between matches. Or they have techs under their tents, or where ever they are. Or might be a company trailer they take the guns to. But i guarantee they dont take 20 guns with them.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #10
ikey

freestlyes have no more or no less parts than a shocker, there for what he said would go for the shocker also. and about teh reliablilty, i mnea i have no experience with this and neither do any of us, but i have heard that the naughty dog guns very bread down......ive also heard that strange and philly americans have like 3 gun for everyone on teh team cause thier shockers have problems. but then again that mighht not be true. the only way to figure that out is talk to teh teams.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #11
lawnboi

I just got my FSv7, and i love it. Its fast, small, light, and quiet. Iv shot shockers and stuff like that, but i like the way the FSv7 looks. Once i got the regs set it worked perfect.
Iv already shot a lot with it, I shot 2000 psi from a scuba tank and didnt have a problem.
Halo B
68/4500
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #12
Koval15

Get a 2k5 intimidator. They are like all the same price and i love mine. Very fast, light, gets about 1300 shots off of a 68/300 fill, hardly any maitinance except to put tri flow on the bold and some dow55 on the ram before you play. You could get one from brady's for 700 or http://a-1paintballstore.com/index.h...artat=11&sort=[sort] there for 650.
2005 Shocker: Vision, Sidewinder, Q-Lock, All American Barrel, dye sticky 3's, New Designs Stinger Bolt Kit, New Designs Detent, Predator 5.0 Board, Powerlite Rail, KAPP On/Off, CP Trigger, Halo B with Rip and Speedfeed, and a 68/3000 Fiber Wrapped Crossfire Tank.

Awesome Grab Bag sale.. You could get an 06 Ego for $25!!!
Koval15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #13
ThriftSPYder

Send a message via AIM to ThriftSPYder
If you're thinking about getting the defiant 2, look into the promaster
ThriftSPYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #14
DireWolf

Send a message via ICQ to DireWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriftSPYder
If you're thinking about getting the defiant 2, look into the promaster
Yea promaster is awesome...

Promaster cant even come close to a defiant 2 for performance...
2002 Excalibur
2002 Black Magic
2002 M3 Dragun
DireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #15
Everlight389

Actually, they are very similar internally. The d2 is lighter though, comes with a better board (Frenzy > Promaster board, because it can be reflashed easily), higher quality internals, better milling (my opinion), and I've found it to be a really nice gun in general. Also it accepts most intimidator upgrades, and hopefully soon you can actually buy a ram sleeve to make it a 2k6 timmy.

Anyways, you can get them for $550 NIB, so it is more expensive than the Promaster, but I personally found it worth it.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #16
punk_rocker543
Liberty Or Death

I'm going with the preference vote. FS-7's are way easy to maintain and in my opinion look awsome. The defiant 2 is a little more complicated though I'm a little biased because I've never seen one in real life. They look awsome from all the pictures. I would try both out.
Killing for Overkill Sportz
punk_rocker543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #17
PaintballPimp90

Send a message via AIM to PaintballPimp90
fs-7s are great marker a frined of mine has recently picked one up it shot flawless out the box... it was quiet fast and light everything you want in a good marker i havent heard anything special about the d2's soo id say go with the fs-7's

to get 5% of at their store enter power5

blue dust proto matrix....
blue cp direct on/off
blue halo b with rip drive

St!ff!

PaintballPimp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #18
lawnboi

I just got my fs-7 and after shooting protos, and shockers its definently in par with them, only it looks better,in my opinion
Halo B
68/4500
Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #19
paintballer930
Banned

Location: the steel city pittsburgh of the great pennsylvania
I would try both and see what you like better, Personaly Id go with another intimidator.
paintballer930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #20
ThriftSPYder

Send a message via AIM to ThriftSPYder
direwolf, why can a promaster not close to the performance of the d2? They are very similar performing guns.
ThriftSPYder is offline   Reply With Quote