pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
Soul06
Relentless

Location: Livin in the Ghetto, Sleeping in the Ghetto, Oh Eattin in the Ghetto...Yeeaaahhhaa!!!
Question Nexus Ego (05 or 06) vs. Angel G7 Fly

One of the two of these will likely be my next high end marker. I have heard that both are excellent but I am curious to hear opinons about which might be the better purchase based off of quality of internals, maintainance, reliability, durability, performance, etc. while its stock?

I looked for a comparison already but found nothing with these two specifically in a search.

Every Castle, Every Town, Every Fort & Every Village...this is your eviction notice!!!
For behold the Iceman cometh!!!

http://www.myspace.com/larnel
Old 11-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Soul06
Relentless

Location: Livin in the Ghetto, Sleeping in the Ghetto, Oh Eattin in the Ghetto...Yeeaaahhhaa!!!
Oh and please no responses saying..."shoot whichever you like better" cuse which I like better is not the problem. I am askig about their performance. Which seems to be the surperior?

Every Castle, Every Town, Every Fort & Every Village...this is your eviction notice!!!

Old 11-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

They will both perform around the same with a few small differences here and there, so it is preference.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
Old 11-24-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
Gen0va
Registered Member

Both should perform identically.

But, personally, I'd take the Ego.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06
Oh and please no responses saying..."shoot whichever you like better" cuse which I like better is not the problem. I am askig about their performance. Which seems to be the surperior?
Too bad they perform almost identically, so all we can say is that it's preference. But get the Ego, I hate angels, since you apparently care about our opinions and haven't formed your own.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
Soul06
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlight389
Too bad they perform almost identically, so all we can say is that it's preference. But get the Ego, I hate angels, since you apparently care about our opinions and haven't formed your own.
Don't be mistaken I do have an opinion, or slight preference, but nothing so major as to easily sway me one way or another. Most people always say, "shoot both and see which you like" well unfortuantely I don't live near any shops that will allow me to shoot them. They will only take it off the wall and let me look at it, atleast the Ego...they dont have the angel.

But anyhow...so what i am gathering from you all is that they both have pretty much the same performance, same reliability, same quality of parts, etc etc. Correct?

Old 11-25-2005, 12:12 AM   #7
Angelmarine05
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Angelmarine05
preference....G7!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 AM   #8
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
well i dont see anything special in the nexus ego. I would just take a regular 05 (only reason id take one is bc its lighter then my pimp)

Top gun id take would definatly be the fly... so sweet then again, all fly version angels were the best. Id still take a a4 fly considering to me its the best gun ive used.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
Empyre
Erus Ex Letum

Send a message via AIM to Empyre
Ego FTW:

The trigger and electronics are more adjustable than god.

sensor beam > switch

sensor beam = fire once the trigger passes the sensor or it can be adjusted to work like a switch.
This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds. To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance. A lifetime is a flash of lightning in the sky. Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain.
Buddha

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Maurice Maeterlinck
Old 11-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
its actually argueable, i prefer switch over optic. With switch u have that feel of when the gun is going to fire from activating the switch, and right from then u can let off and keep going. As with optical u dont have that feeling, so you can have a further traveling point then with a switch. But all comes down to the preferences, how use you are to the adjustments and the marker.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
Empyre
Erus Ex Letum

Send a message via AIM to Empyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
its actually argueable, i prefer switch over optic. With switch u have that feel of when the gun is going to fire from activating the switch, and right from then u can let off and keep going. As with optical u dont have that feeling, so you can have a further traveling point then with a switch. But all comes down to the preferences, how use you are to the adjustments and the marker.

you can change the back-slop. I.E. you can make the trigger not move any farther than the activation point and then its basically like a switch.
This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds. To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance. A lifetime is a flash of lightning in the sky. Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain.
Buddha

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Maurice Maeterlinck
Old 11-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #12
Canderous
CHAOS!!! HISSSSS!!!

Send a message via AIM to Canderous
if you wanna be unique pick up a g7 fly because theres way less of those than there are egos.

XBL: Arachnar
ROCKIN SUPERSTOCK
98C = GHETTO
Old 11-26-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
There's no battle, G7 all the way.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:38 PM   #14
PBHALO
living beside a beach

G7 less of a hassle.
Reloader b
and lots of other stuff!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #15
Soul06
Relentless

I've been reading more into both and I'm leaning towards the G7 as well. Both sound to have excellent performance and internals but it seems like the G7 has slightly easier maintainance.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
iplaynaked
Banned

Send a message via AIM to iplaynaked
shoot both then decide
Old 11-27-2005, 02:39 PM   #17
Soul06
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaynaked
shoot both then decide
Obviously you didn't read the post where I said, "Most people always say, "shoot both and see which you like" well unfortuantely I don't live near any shops that will allow me to shoot them. They will only take it off the wall and let me look at it, atleast the Ego...they dont have the angel."

Old 11-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #18
Soul06
Relentless

Nor did you read the second post, "Oh and please no responses saying..."shoot whichever you like better...". I had a specific question that everyone else seemed to catch. Hum...interesting!

Old 11-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #19
kryptonite88

egos are alot more reliable than angels

"Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience"
Old 11-27-2005, 03:06 PM   #20
equipmentcounts
Chocolate Rain.

Send a message via AIM to equipmentcounts
you get 1 bps faster on the g7
you should also look at weight i don't know which one is lighter though