pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 11-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
Imaballawitgame

ion or omen please tell me what you think

Well, I was going to get an ion but then i was looking on pbnation and other sites and i saw that lots of ppl have ions and not many ppl like ions. my second choice gun was the evil omen. i dont know which is better or the bps for the omen but what one do you think is better. thanks alot everybody and please post your thoughts
Imaballawitgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
Zofarr

Firstly its all a matter of opinion try both and see which you like better.

Generally speaking , you are going to be told what I said above , and to get an Ion

Why the ion? Well plain and simple its well, simple in comparison to the Omen. The Ion has Eyes (and very nice ones at that) and is cheaper then the Omen.

Secondly, Lots of people have Ions because they are a high end marker with eyes, for under 300$ .
Yes I am going to put it in the Ultimate Sticky after folks have a chance to find it since nobody ever reads stickies.
Meaning... Read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Zofarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
Sheps

...Plus the Omen is basically a LP blowback, which is not good.
Sheps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
EvilFingers
Teh Ghetto Pimp

There's nothing wrong with the Omen. I have an older Omen with the 1.5 ups and its capped at 25bps while the Ion is capped at 17. The Ion has breakbeam eyes (very nice) but the Omen has the Cam Arms, which work nearly as good. The Omen is closed bolt, the Ion is Open Bolt with Seal Forward Technology(i think thats what its called) so they're both basically closed bolt. The Omen is light, the Ion is lighter, but when you add on an ASA they are within ounces of each other- which is unnoticable with a tank and hopper. I don't know about the Ion's reliability, I've heard its great and I've heard its terrible. The Omen has pretty good reliability if you can read the manual, but needs minor tuning when air gets low- no biggie.

Thats about all I know about the two that I can compare, but I like the Omen cuz I'm an "Evil Fanboy" and for their customer service. Plus SP are nothing but nazi's
Modded bolt
W.A.S. 25gram Microswitch

Evil Omen
1.5 board
1.5 cams

Z Boarded EggyII
Crossfire 92ci 45Kpsi HPA
EvilFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Every bolt has seal forward technology. Anyways its not like closed bolt is any better. The Ion is electro-pneumatic, the omen is an espyder/cocker, you have to make sure that all kinds of things are set up right with an omen, for the Ion you only need the velocity right. The cam arms even though are nice don't hold a candle to breakbeam eyes. All in all the Ion is better.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
EvilFingers
Teh Ghetto Pimp

All of which(except the SFT thing- Thought it was somethin special since all the Ion owners I know use that when comparing it to my Omen's closed bolt) I said in my post. I like the Electro Pnuematic and Breakbeam eyes, thats one reason i have a Pimp now. But I also like the things my Omen brings. At the local field all the Ion owners came up to me and we discussed the Omen when they saw me holding it. The Omen makes you stand out and be recognized. The owners of the field had no idea who i was until I pulled out my Omen. When someone got shot by me, they'd only say "The Omen kid"... only they cant say Omen for some odd reason. Simply put, I think they have almost identical performance. The Ion is a good marker for the price, and the Omen is a good marker for the price.
Modded bolt

Evil Omen
1.5 board
1.5 cams

Z Boarded EggyII
Old 11-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #7
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Meh, the least they could do is make the omen ep instead of a blowback.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #8
EvilFingers
Teh Ghetto Pimp

That would be nice, but I don't realy see what everyone has against blowbacks.
Modded bolt

Evil Omen
1.5 board
1.5 cams

Z Boarded EggyII
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #9
XSVpaintball
Banned

Send a message via AIM to XSVpaintball
yea the ion is much better, no doubt about it. Its got breakbeam eyes, several aftermarket board and parts upgrades. Every other paintballer has one or has had one so finding someone to fix them isnt exactly hard.Also the ions are much faster. People always talk about how mmuch faster a gun is because its apped at..." # " and your guns only capped at .."#" . Yet i havnt found a gun yet thats really matched up with its numbers except a mech spyder. They say it only shoots 6 bps and it does. Also ve always thought of the omen as a child of cockers nd spyders...my 2 least favorite guns.
XSVpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #10
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilFingers
They generally aren't good, the omen is better, just not in the same class as ep's.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Old 11-25-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
Sheps

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilFingers
They are basically a LP blowback, which results in relatively high kick and innefficiency, personally I would just modify a low-end if I couldn't get a different high-end, but thats just me. Their only major failure is they are not priced competitively, and so they suffer by comparison to cheap EP markers, like the Odysey's, Wrath and ION
Sheps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
Empyre
Erus Ex Letum

Send a message via AIM to Empyre
promaster or cocker
This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds. To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of a dance. A lifetime is a flash of lightning in the sky. Rushing by, like a torrent down a steep mountain.
Buddha

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Maurice Maeterlinck
Empyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #13
Mario72
Lasoya for President

Send a message via AIM to Mario72
^^^
04' prostocks are going for $250 on actionvillage
Mario72 is offline   Reply With Quote