pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 12-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
torontotom

nerve vs 05ego

Now I know everyone is gonna jump in and say ego>>nerve. I realize that it's a better gun, but this is what i wanted ur guys opinions on

I'm in canada so i'm gonna give things in canadian prices, just discount 20% from everything if you're in the US

The nerve is going for 1000 (i'm waiting for boxing day, they should come down for that day at least). The ego 05 is going for 1200. The one thing I'm thinking is that if I get the ego, i'm gonna have to buy a barrel kit (and maybe a new board) for it, where the nerve comes with the freak and all I have to do is buy inserts. So really, the ego is gonna be 1500 if i decide to buy the freak kit for it to match the nerve.

So, is the quality of the ego worth spending $500 (50%) more than buying a nerve?

And yes, before you jump in about how shockers are better than nerves, i've read posts saying nerves are better than shockers too.

anyway, thanx
torontotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
spydadude
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to spydadude
The Ego comes with an Eclipse Shaft barrel, so no aftermarket barrel is needed. It does not need a new board, either.

Ego.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #3
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydadude
The Ego comes with an Eclipse Shaft barrel, so no aftermarket barrel is needed. It does not need a new board, either.

Ego.
FTW, so yes Ego, and the shocker is better than the nerve. Even if it was shocker vs. Ego it would still be Ego.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
paintballer930
Banned

Location: the steel city pittsburgh of the great pennsylvania
Both are good guns, But I think the ego is worth the extra money. But you still may need to buy a barrel kit for paint to barrel match.
paintballer930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Shockers are better than Nerves.
And the Planet Eclipse Shaft Barrel is on par with a freak barrel easily. If you must have a barrel kit, then the Empire will suit you just fine for around $80 brand new.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
Ice Marine
Marine Made Of Ice

Send a message via AIM to Ice Marine
Ego. Hands down.
Sure, people can say Nerves > Shocker, but are they Nerve owners?
Another reason why you can tell Shocker > Nerve is...
How many Shockers are there vs how many Nerves?
Are Nerves still in production? Are Shockers still in production?

You don't need a barrel kit. It's an open-bolt gun. And if you wanted to get a barrel kit, don't get the Freak. If you wanted an insert-kit, then get the Scepter.
Ice Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
check out the Quest, theres a thread on it at pbn, and their site is www.firstendeavorpaintball.com

the pic on their site sucks, and alot of people were talkin crap about it just being a shocker although its not. It uses dm upgrade chips, timmy eyes, i think matrix detents, 14way matrix solenoid, cut down critical timmy trigger. cocker threaded, comes with .690 2pc barrel, 2.1 lbs with everything,bearing trigger,clamping feed, 1500+ shots from 68/45 outta the box, 2pc spool valve design (patented) Moveable trigger frame, for front and mid/back players, low pressure operation with 60-90psi lpr pressure.

If u dont think its your thing, although for price its basically better then everything out there right now outta the box. Then id say go with the ego.
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #8
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
check out the Quest, theres a thread on it at pbn, and their site is www.firstendeavorpaintball.com

the pic on their site sucks, and alot of people were talkin crap about it just being a shocker although its not. It uses dm upgrade chips, timmy eyes, i think matrix detents, 14way matrix solenoid, cut down critical timmy trigger. cocker threaded, comes with .690 2pc barrel, 2.1 lbs with everything,bearing trigger,clamping feed, 1500+ shots from 68/45 outta the box, 2pc spool valve design (patented) Moveable trigger frame, for front and mid/back players, low pressure operation with 60-90psi lpr pressure.

If u dont think its your thing, although for price its basically better then everything out there right now outta the box. Then id say go with the ego.
Well...DAMMMNNN.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
not exactly what i said but close. I was more like HOLY **** #$&% I want one!!!!!! and i must get one!!! hot DAYUM!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOTERS!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #10
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
Yeah I agree with most of these people. Go with the EGO.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Ice Marine
Marine Made Of Ice

Send a message via AIM to Ice Marine
The Quest sounds very promising. ghost of PBN recently bought a Quest and he's expecting it to arrive this Friday. And he's hoping to have a review up by Sunday. If I see it, I'll post it up.
Ice Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #12
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

ghosts quest came in early . He got it today. And he loves it.

I love it too.. just even if i can manage to sell all my stuff ill still need a couple hundred dollars. but i want one more then anything.