pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 12-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #41
A-5best
Virtů

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
For looks

But in reality me buying one would depend on size and weight, just how much less does the Vlocity weigh? If it is like 3oz or so its not worth buying for me(being that i own a reloader b). I want manufacturers to really create a super light super small fast loader, something like a revvy that feeds 25bps would be great.....I can dream...
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
A-5best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #42
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
Its suppose to be relativly close to the weight of the revvy ,if not the same weight. I also like the toggle switch.
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #43
honda1
Noobs will read this, eww

Send a message via AIM to honda1
Well I know it is lighter than egg2 so thats not bad. I have a smoke one sitting in my moms closet but I can't open it till Christmas
Old 12-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #44
equipmentcounts
Chocolate Rain.

Send a message via AIM to equipmentcounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
Its suppose to be relativly close to the weight of the revvy ,if not the same weight. I also like the toggle switch.
a revvy.... are you crazy..... a revvy......
you have so many more internals then a revy.... in a vlocity.....
well by the way how much do those new carbon fiber shells for halos/reloaders weigh...
just so you know this is about the 453245 time i have mentioned it but i don't htink you have picked up on it is the WASed halo has two sensors
it has teh eyse
plus a kind of sound activaiont(evs but i dont want to go into detail)
the work equally
and is your math really that bad?
a stock halo is 99.00 while a vlocity is 135....
so that means you pay 150 for a wased halo....
and a 170 for a wased halo w/ rip
vlocity doesnt have a ripdrive yet soo you gotta think about that
(didnt odyssey patent ripdrive...and let empire use it for a lot of $$)
Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #45
Uziel Gal
Legend

While the HALO B is available with or without the Rip Drive, and all Reloader Bs have Rip Drive as standard, it was designed by Odyssey.

I suspect Empire are allowed to use HALO B technology in an exchange for Odyssey using sound activation in the TSA loaders.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #46
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
ripdrive really isnt necessary. Sure i got the reloader bc of sound activity, bc i know halo's have problems all the times, and i dont like the hopper running when theres no paint in it. Never needed the ripdrive, good added feature incase i did, never had to worry about batteries dieing since i have 12 rechargeables for it.

Just for the fact that the VL is lighter, uses 9 volts,smaller,holds more paint i think its a better buy.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #47
A-5best
Virtů

Trust me rip-drive is a very, very useful tool.
At himself
Old 12-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #48
equipmentcounts
Chocolate Rain.

using 9 volts is actually a weakness you have less better life then 6 aa batteires
yes 9v weigh less however
a bone pack weighs less then 6 alkline aa but more than two 9v but will give you a hella lot better battery life and performance
but still 6aa is has better life and performance
bone>e2>6aa alkline>two 9 volts
and by the way you can also use 9v's on a halo for liek 3-6 bucks

Last edited by equipmentcounts : 12-19-2005 at 12:50 PM.
equipmentcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #49
Uziel Gal
Legend

One of the better 9 volt adapters for the HALO B/Reloader B - Code 242: -

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #50
banderson
I get Jack - Legend

Send a message via AIM to banderson
You can slso buy those adapters at Radio Shack for fairly cheap. Just make sure you the right one.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #51
senghing27
My Spoon is Too Big

Send a message via AIM to senghing27
halo>viewloader...
i don't like the thing at all, i saw it at my proshop and was... ewwwww
CCI:OT
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #52
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderson
You can slso buy those adapters at Radio Shack for fairly cheap. Just make sure you the right one.
Most commercially available adapters place the batteries in series rather than in parallel. Either that or you get three 9 volt battery connectors that are just wired together - this is much neater.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 12-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #53
Uziel Gal
Legend

OK, what with all the arguments breaking out, with little factual information to back them up, I have had to yet again plunk down my hard-earned (by the time these have been shipped to the UK and had 17.5% tax added, $156), and buy the item in question.....

The VLocity arrived yesterday, but there was no-one around to receive it, so I actually got it today (thank heavens that the post office was open on Christmas Eve!)

Empty weight is 412 grams
With two 9 volts on board, weight is 503 grams

Earlier in this thread, the weight was compared to that of a Revolution, so let's deal with that. The empty Revolution weighs 321 grams, and 413 grams with batteries installed.

VLocity dimensions: -

Length = 205mm
Height = 141mm (this does not include the feed neck)
Width = 110mm
Reloading port diameter = 69mm

I have posted the weights of the HALO B elsewhere on this forum, but for comparison, the dimensions of the HALO are as follows - length = 229mm, height = 140mm and width = 98mm, so a smaller target from the front, but a larger target from the side. Fill port diameter is 70mm.

Capacity is *not* as high as advertised. I was able to get 190 balls in to the loader rather than 200. This was with the loader filled front to back, top to bottom, with balls in the neck and the drive cone - there was no space left in the loader at all.

The front of the loader is heavily slanted, more so than on a HALO B. While this should make for better feeding, it also makes it harder to fill the loader to capacity unless tipping it forwards.

There is an external drive shaft projecting from the gear box, and out of the bottom of the loader. This could possibly be used to fit a Rip Drive style attachment.

The drive cone spring seems very stiff (compared to that on a HALO or Reloader B), which may cause problems with very brittle paint. I was unable to ascertain how far the drive cone turns under spring tension, because the tension quickly became too high for the motor/gears to hold, causing the motor to turn and the spring to unwind.

I have experienced one problem so far - the first set of batteries I tried to install were too long for the battery bay, and would not fit! Fortunately, the second type of 9 volt I tried went in.

I have run a few drop tests on the highest of the eight settings, and was getting free fall speeds of around 27bps. However, the highest torque setting may not correspond to the fastest drop speed.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 12-24-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #54
KAMIKAZE-FREAK

now thats handy information
got pix?
KAMIKAZE-FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 PM   #55
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

woot woot, so i was close on the weight of the revvy.

1 point for me.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #56
Uziel Gal
Legend

This would depend on whether you consider 100 grams to be close.....

As for pictures, the loader looks very much like the prototypes, but what the hell?

You'll have to excuse the lighting, I can never get it right under artificial light in the evenings. If I wasn't spending so much on hoppers, maybe I could afford a better camera!

Side view - you can see how steep the angle at the front of the loader is.

Front view

External drive shaft output

Controls - left = force adjustment push button, centre = on/off toggle switch, right = LED

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 12-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #57
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

well, i said that it was the same weigh of the revvy or close. I think someone said it was heavier then a egg. Or something like that, dont remember and not gonna look for it. And so i said its close to the revvy. It definatly is compared to other hoppers
Old 12-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #58
A-5best
Virtů

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
well, i said that it was the same weigh of the revvy or close. I think someone said it was heavier then a egg. Or something like that, dont remember and not gonna look for it. And so i said its close to the revvy. It definatly is compared to other hoppers
No, its is actually heavier than an egg.
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332711

Also it is a full 100 grams heavier than a revvy, and a Reloader B is a mere 40 grams more than it, so in my opinion not much improvement. Also its a 10 ball difference which is now negligable and also it will be hard to fill it to full capacity using pods when the ramp is so steep. Also i would rather have a longer haopper than a wider hopper. All in all with this real factualy information i would jsut stick with my reloader B, also im sorry im all for performance over style but that thing is butt ugly, and it isnt that huge of performance gain.

Also keep in mind the halo weights are not with batteries installed while the vlocity weights are, im aware but still i dont think it is worth it.

Weighing my Reloader B with a good amount of stickers in it, with a 4AA battery pack in it, it weighs 640 grams even. Keep in mind 1oz=28 grams if i remember correctly(♥ pocket ref,) so the Vlocity is a full 4.89 onces lighter, which is pretty significant. About 1/4 of a pound, but put it on a full setup and those 4 ounces disappear, so weight savings arent incredible but decently large.

The sad part is my coppertop duracell AAs, in a 4 battery pack weigh 104 grams or 3.71 ounces, sad i know, but if you really want to save weight you could switch to "the bone" or get a code 242 9v convertor.
At himself

Last edited by A-5best : 12-24-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #59
holman21
RIP10/10/05-EBrawlforlife

Send a message via AIM to holman21
20 balls does and can matter... it actually woulda been nice to have an extra 20 balls at my last tourny... we stalemated our first game in semi finals but they shot 4 of our guys and we only got 3 of theirs so we got knocked out. i was the last one and had NO paint and both of them were running up to do me but time ran out after about a minute of them shooting my bunker.. if i had 20 balls i coulda closed it. it does matter. also one of you said something about someing running tape and ur reloading off topic but practice reloading with ur gun up it helps a lot
holman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #60
equipmentcounts
Chocolate Rain.

it is ten paintballs not twenty

so the vlocity isnt as glorified as VL says it is...