pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 12-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Bushman21

Shocker w/Vision or AKA 04 Viking.

I'm not willing to spend a grand on a maker.. so I've really nailed down to my two best picks unless you can throw another in their.
Yes I want them new, so don't pm me any offers.

SP Shocker w/ Vision + nerver board.

or

04 Viking From AKA. *I'll put a tadao , Dye stickies on it etc..* What thread is it btw?*

Any other options are welcome.

Thanks!
Bushman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #2
Zofarr

Wow, Couldn't have choosen any markers at diffrent ends of the effiecenty spectrum.
Yes I am going to put it in the Ultimate Sticky after folks have a chance to find it since nobody ever reads stickies.
Meaning... Read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Zofarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #3
middie002

Send a message via AIM to middie002
Both are great guns. Most of these threads are just battles of opinions, just go to your pro shop and shoot both. See which feels better and buy.
middie002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
iliveforthis99
Maher

I'd go w/ the shocker. And i'd look into a PM5 also.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
A-5best
Virt¨

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
Id go with the viking hands down, thus this shows you that it is...
PERSONAL PREFERANCE
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
A-5best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
vik owns the shocker. Shockers dont have much of a advantage anymore, since theres guns out now that are lighter, more efficient with same sort of style like the quest.

Vik is probably best gun for a work horse and for efficiency. The things are tanks, if u can deal with size and the weight (depending on if its non milled, half milled and so on) then get it.
papaintballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:20 PM   #7
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
vik owns the shocker. Shockers dont have much of a advantage anymore, since theres guns out now that are lighter, more efficient with same sort of style like the quest.

Vik is probably best gun for a work horse and for efficiency. The things are tanks, if u can deal with size and the weight (depending on if its non milled, half milled and so on) then get it.
QFT
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
Bushman21

I'm so thinking about.. it or maybe, I can find a DM4 around that area.
Bushman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #9
Downfall08
Scatter!

Send a message via AIM to Downfall08
DM4s for $600 at pbn, Dm5's for $750. I would take either of those over a shocker or vike. I hate the feel of vikings so between those 2, shocker. If you can get past the small trigger guard then they're not bad.
Techna Trigger
Infamous M5

Anarchy ěT-"It's not just OT it's Anarchy OT"- A-5best
Downfall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #10
iliveforthis99
Maher

DM4 for $600, you might as well get a PM5.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Viking all the way on that one. Just do the research and you'll see why.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:04 PM   #12
ShockerGEEk

You can find custom Vikings now pretty cheap. I have seen 04 DC Vikings and Crusaders going for less then $800. The viking will be better on air then the Shocker, but the Shocker will be lighter. You really need to shoot them both. As for the DM's there was/is a deal on AKAOG, DM4, halo, and 68/45 for $650. Personally I have never used a DM4...but I currently own a DM5, so IM assuming they are really about the same. Any of the choices you make weather it be a Shocker, Viking, or DM will be a good choice.
ShockerGEEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
if i seen a DC viking (especially red) in perfect condition for 800 or less id snatch that baby up in no time. My fav. vik, and custom viks weigh in usually less then 3 lbs. I think they get down to 2.4, but the guns are definatly tanks, they take a beating,reliable,efficient,and fast.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #14
ShockerGEEk

http://akaowners.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1727
http://akaowners.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1568
^^^This on is sold...but $750.^^^
http://akaowners.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1403
^^^This was my old Viking....He traded it for a Defiant II. They are what UNder $700 new?
There are deals out there......you just have to be patient and do some digging.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #15
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

look at the tank one the first one, too bad its not a original DC, i do love the color though. But that gun definatly wasnt worth it.

2nd one, definatly beautiful and worth it.

for the 3rd, not much of a fan of the acid wash, personally like dust for vikings, if it was just a purple dust or a purple to black fade then it would be really nice..definatly wouldnt pay the price for that one.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
ShockerGEEk

How do you know the first one isnt an original DC Viking?
The last one, the pics dont do it justice...trust me. He started out at $1000...but eventually traded it for a Deffiant II. Basically he got $700 for it. I bought the last one new from DC.....$1250 for them new back in the day. So $700-$800 for one now.....is definatly worth it, no matter what color. ALso the last one had tons of stuff with it, CP barrel, tool kit, blank warranty card, 2 bottles of aka lube , V-link, Pandora board, Tadao board. ALl that extra stuff makes it worth alot more.
Back OT.........Any thing you pick, you need to shoot first if possible. All of the choices you have named will make great guns.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 PM   #17
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

the 1st one is a polished 04 viking, with the DC viking milling. He even stated that. So its not a original "rare" DC viking. And 1250 for it, i dunno how he got it so cheap, bc DC's were all 1500. And the DC being polished, and acid washed especially, i kinda think that he was lieing about that... bc every DC ive ever seen was a dust finish with matching parts, and specific serial #. The DC was available in red,blue,black finishes. I think there might have been a pink one and a green one they did too, not sure though. And its been such a long time since i emailed them about the guns just because i was curious.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #18
ShockerGEEk

The last one was for sure an original.......I BOUGHT IT NEW FROM DC

They made more then just the dust fades.......Alans personal gun was a blue and black acid wash FSP. I traded it to "BUBS" on AKAOG for the DM5 I have now. And I know I didnt pay $1500 for it....it was $1267 total. $1250 for the gun....$17 shipping.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

maybe it was bought used then...

bc i dont see why a polished, faded and splashed gun would be less then a solid dust.. unless it was a demo marker, or owned by someone at the company.

EDIT: Disregard about that.. i finally get what your saying. I was confused, had to read it a few times.

Last edited by papaintballer15 : 12-30-2005 at 04:34 PM.