pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
MrBuzzard

Send a message via AIM to MrBuzzard Send a message via Yahoo to MrBuzzard
Shocker or the Karnivor

yea..well it is the time that i put my goose away...but i am debating between a 06' vision shocker or a Karnivor...Complete different setups having one being a cocker and the other being an pneumatic electro...both guns have relativly the same score on the reviews...so i need to know what you guys think...the karni is 200 bux more so im just wanted to know what is the best thing...also if i bought a shocker i would have to get the HE bolt right off the bat to insure i get maximum air efficancy. But any one that knows or has a karni what things have you guys added other then for personal preference

drops
On/off
Feednecks

or any other such thing...like is the reg ok?? is the barrel kit alright? does it work great outa the box? also i LOVE the design of the shocker having it be single tubed and pretty much a simple design...and then the Karni having all of the other little things it has on it...is the karni simple to clean?? does it break down alot?? ANY input would be of great help
MrBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
Sheps

Shocker, an autococker will not compete unless it is a really sweet custom job.
Sheps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:36 AM   #3
paintballer279
Banned

Send a message via AIM to paintballer279
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBuzzard
yea..well it is the time that i put my goose away...but i am debating between a 06' vision shocker or a Karnivor...Complete different setups having one being a cocker and the other being an pneumatic electro...both guns have relativly the same score on the reviews...so i need to know what you guys think...the karni is 200 bux more so im just wanted to know what is the best thing...also if i bought a shocker i would have to get the HE bolt right off the bat to insure i get maximum air efficancy. But any one that knows or has a karni what upgrades you guys have and add any others then for personal preference or any other such thing...like is the reg ok?? is the barrel kit alright? does it work great outa the box? also i LOVE the design of the shocker having it be single tubed and pretty much a simple design...and then the Karni having all of the other little things it has on it...is the karni simple to clean?? does it break down alot?? ANY input would be of great help
Shocker. As Sheps said, a fully electro pneumatic equipped gun will out perform a 'Cocker most of the time. There are Karni users who can compete with other tourney users, but you need to up grade the QEVs, porting, valves, springs, hammers, regs, and everything else that affects the performance. Overall, just getting a Shocker will be less of a hassle going through the long upgrade process with the 'Cockers. When getting a Shocker, the first upgrades you will want and need are a Max Flow, a better barrel (if it isnt a Freak already), HPA obviously or LPA (better to get HPA), bolt (already have), trigger, and a new feedneck. Of course the accesssories of a HALO B or Reloader B or an Eggy or any other you would like to use, Check It Products Unimount or other Unimounts or direct mounts, and if you didnt get a Vision Shocker, you might want to get a W.A.S. Board with Vision to be able to get 20 bps or abovethe 13 bps capped with non Vision.
paintballer279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:08 AM   #4
cmwashere18755
NO YOUR A TOWEL!!!

shocker with vison, or warped sports, or octane, or dynasty, all very good chocies
Diablo Wrath: R-15 board, New Design On/Off ASA (moded screws), Microline, Delrin Bolt, LTD Feedneck, Timmy Moded Detents, J&J Edge 14in barrel kit, Eggy II with Y-Board (Cut feedneck and custom painted white), Crossfire 4500 psi 70ci carbon fiber tank.

Soon to come:
Hybrid grips
Kalld special trigger
Velocity Jr. Speedfeed, Select Force Chip, SPO white shell
cmwashere18755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
-Evilordie-
Guelph Arsenal

Send a message via MSN to -Evilordie-
Well I like cockers but Im going to have to say shocker, but you should look into getting a pm5 (proto matrix 05)

The shocker is lighter but if it doesn't bother you with having a gun just a bit under 3 pounds that a + for the karni

The thing I like baout cockers is the E2/E1 they are amazing. It's more programable than any other board/gripframe

Cockers can be EXTREMLY efficent if you have both your regs sweetspotted (LPR and HPR) and just make sure that your gun is working on the lowest amount of pressure. You can get up to 1500-1900 shots (so I've heard from Uziel Gal)

But when It comes down to it, If the karni has the E1 and not the E2, then you should go for the shocker no matter what, becuase your going to have to pay another 100$ for the karni to have it to the performance of the E2

Since the socker cost 200$ less, than you could get your HE bolt, and new reg if you wanted. There's ALOT of upgrades for the Shocker and you can do alot with 200$ You could get the Virtue board with that $$$

06 vision shocker>Karni
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
spartan72
Aggressive front player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evilordie-
06 vision shocker>Karni

Proud Member and Mid/Front player for Dirt Demons.

www.dirtdemonspaintball.com
spartan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:58 AM   #7
iplaynaked
Banned

Send a message via AIM to iplaynaked
Shocker. Smaller, lighter, and they now come stock with alot of nice stuff (including HE bolt) so they don't have the efficiency problem anymore. They've become quite a bargain.
iplaynaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #8
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
I would say shocker, and just to beat papaintballer to the point, I would suggest looking into the Quest from FEP.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:35 PM   #9
iplaynaked
Banned

Oh yes, the Quest is also an option. I think it'll get big in time.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
dagget007
D to the agget

Hybrid Traitor Shocker ftw...or might want to check out the already mentioned quest.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #11
iplaynaked
Banned

Yea, since I'm sure he can afford a traitor shocker
Old 12-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #12
MrBuzzard

alright i see where you guys are coming from and i apreciate the input. But the Karni is 200 bux more which is a major dent in the cash fund for me. i think i will take your guys advice a go with the vision shocker over the karni. ill probably end up getting Uni-mount (LOVE those things!) trigger, maybe a virtue board?? and a new reg if the other one doesnt cut the mustard or ketchup if anyone else can think of anything FEEL free to share im all ears

Last edited by MrBuzzard : 12-30-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
Hekrill
Katrina Survivor

The only other thing I think of is send whatever you get to my house and let me "hold it" for you.
Reloader B L.E. HALO Shell

gone for a while...
Hekrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:06 PM   #14
MrBuzzard

HAHA...while you frame me for a murder of 20 people and then hold my gun for the rest of my life! lol...anyways what bolt you guys recommend i get when i get my shocker?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
iplaynaked
Banned

They come stock with HE bolts now adays. The best upgrade I can think of is a bigger trigger frame since the stock one is a weebit small.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:34 PM   #16
MrBuzzard

i looked at Smartparts.com and it says you have to buy it seperate...can you plz give me the link where it shows it?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:35 PM   #17
ikey

i have a karni, and it is nice. however besides E2, or a zero b, it needs pretty much no upgrades, cause it already has tehm all. so it can complete. i its a good gun but i would rather have a shocker with a HE bolt. go with the shocker. i bought teh karin a month or so ago, and it is good but it did not "wow" me like i thought it did. i will probably buy another gun in teh spring and it will be my backup. get the shocker.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #18
-Evilordie-
Guelph Arsenal

Send a message via MSN to -Evilordie-
I would first of all, get the virtue board or a new frame (iplaynaked is right it's a bit small, but if it doesn't bother you than don't buy a new one)

I would get..

-Virtue board
-Trigger frame
-new trigger
-new feedneck if you like twist/clamp feeds
-Maybe a new barrel
-new reg (I reccomend CP, thats what I'm getting)
-new on/off or asa (yeah the unimounts good)

Hmm the only other thing i could think of is if you wanted you could get it milled or annodized (but those are just for looks)
Old 12-30-2005, 02:25 PM   #19
iplaynaked
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBuzzard
i looked at Smartparts.com and it says you have to buy it seperate...can you plz give me the link where it shows it?
They haven't updated the site, the description for the shocker is still for the 03/04 line. Aside from a new trigger frame and M5 if you want an aftermarket board there really isn't anything else that you need (the stock max flo when properly broken in is pretty consistant). If you want an aftermarket reg get the Evolve Pi or an AKA reg.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #20
MrBuzzard

RightyO lol...thanks guys for helping me "decide" at 15 i have a tight budget so now i guess i know what to save up for