pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 10-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Custom Cocker

I have an idea for a cocker but I need help. This build probably wont happen because I dont really have money but hopefully im getting a job soon so it might but im just asking for info and ideas here. So I needed to know where can I have custom milling done? I've found a few places but im trying to get as many quotes as possible from as many different places as possible. Where could I get cheap raw cocker bodies? The only one i've found was the one belsales sells through compulsive. I have also found a guy willing to sell me his lotus body for $110 w/ backblock and bolt. Where can I get stock 05/06 ego frames? I've checked ebay and google several times but turned up nothing. I could also use an E2 but I would rather have the ego frame. The only bad part about that though would be that I'd have to find a seperate solenoid so where would I be able to get an E2 noid? the reason id prefer the e2 is because its fully enclosed. The ego frame wasnt designed to fit a cocker so how much of the front and back would I need to cut for it to work with the body?(it would be a mini midget body) and where will I need to drill a hole in the frame also for it to work with the body? Lastly would anyone happen to have an ecilpse ram or qev's lying around? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
check out Ken of KPSC on customcockers.com for the milling

An 05/06 frame will bolt right on to a cocker; look in the BST on pbn

Just pick up a 2k2 body seeing as its more or less a raw body

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

I've tried ken but I cant get in contact with him, I guess Ill try again. The frame I dont know much about seeing as how i've never even held but I was told I'd have to drill a hole but guess not. Would I still have to cut it to fit the mini body though?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Yeah, the star frames will need a hole drilled, but not the stock ones

Quote:
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.

~My Feedback~
Old 10-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

yeah thats what I was talking about the star frame. Will the stock frame need cutting though?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

depends

Quote:

~My Feedback~
Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Tip, Could you explain? I was looking at some 05 frames and the screw is in front of the trigger guard rather than in it how exactly would it just bolt on? and the back looks rather long as well as the front. Im thinking I should just get an e2 if I could find one. The reason I wanted the ego frame was because I think it looks nicer, and tiggers would be easier to find.

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 10-27-2008 at 02:24 PM.
A-BOMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
wolf13
Freelance Collector

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13
I usually just pm Ken through customcockers. I beleive he has a real job as well as a family, but usually he responds pretty fast.
I am always looking for interesting cockers. especially splash evolutions and eclipses, Wildside, AKA Black Widow, Slide trigger bonebrake, Palmer, BBT stage 3's, predators and other nice customs as well as perhaps an eclipse sovereign.

See my webpage for pics of some of My Collection of 45+ rare and oddball cockers.

Autococker gallery and forum, sniper 1 to MQ,
customcockers.com
wolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Found an 05(which was ideal) ego frame for $40 yay or nay?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

yay

Quote:

~My Feedback~
Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
awills101

what mods have to be done to be able to use the ego frame?
-----------------------------------------------------
awills101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
Corrupted355
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Corrupted355
First, you need an mQ valve, obviously.

As for modding the Ego frame to fit, you'll have to cut off the front part before the trigger guard and re-drill the mounting hole inside the trigger guard. You'll need to drill both mounting holes, actually. The tough part comes in if you want to try and counter sink the rear hole. You need something called a back countersink, which are hard to find. Your best bet on finding one is to talk to a machinist. I used a Dremmel, and it took a lot of work to make it look clean.

You can cut off the rear part of the frame if you want, but it's not required. There's a walkthrough on the Nation (one for the '05 frame and one for the '06) somewhere on what needs to be done, but I'm too lazy to find it. The nice part about the '05 frame is that there are no mods required to make the board fit: it just drops in. On the '06 frame, the board screw nearest the trigger is in a different location, so that mounting point needs to be cut down in most cases. Also, the '06 trigger (on the Star frame at least) needs a little extra something glued to the side so that it will actuate the break beam trigger.

Last edited by Corrupted355 : 11-01-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Corrupted355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #13
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

thanks for that info. still having my major problem though; finding a darn frame.

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 12-30-2008 at 11:47 PM.
A-BOMBER is offline   Reply With Quote