pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Air Systems

Old 03-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Darn

ansgear.com - Buyer Beware

Just got a HPA tank from ansgear.com, there is a hole in the side of the tank and they will not accept any responsibility for it. Here is the conversation I just had with one of their customer service reps.

Please wait for the next available representative…
Darren Kirkpatrick: I purchased a Crossfire HPA tank, it has a small pinhole in the side when I received it.
You are next in queue. We will be with you in just a moment.
Paintball Support 5: Hello and thank you for choosing ANS Xtreme Performance Inc. How can I help you today?
Darren Kirkpatrick: I just received my HPA tank, it has a small pin hole in the side of the tank
Paintball Support 5: i do appologize for that, have you contacted the manufacturer?
Darren Kirkpatrick: Why would I contact the manufacturer, I just bought it brand new from you.
Paintball Support 5: well if you received a tank that had a pinhole puncture, then that could be unsafe and you would have to contact the manufacturer. they will want to see the tank and they will replace it for you
Darren Kirkpatrick: I would like you to replace it for me, I just got it yesterday.
Paintball Support 5: i'm sorry sir, but you need to contact the manufacturer. as i said, they will want to see it and will replace it for you right away
Darren Kirkpatrick: I do not understand, you sold me a tank and shipped it to Canada which cost me $40 in shipping. YOu sent a tank that had a puncture in it. There was no damage to the package. Now you want me to ship it to the manufacturer and pay again? How does that make any sense to you?
Darren Kirkpatrick: ANSGEAR damaged the tank, then shipped it.
Paintball Support 5: we receive the tanks exactly how the manufacturer sends them to us and then we just ship them to you. if it was damaged, it was damaged from them.
Darren Kirkpatrick: It is not a manufacturer defect
Paintball Support 5: how can you claim that we damaged the tank?
Darren Kirkpatrick: So you are telling me that you ship damaged products to people and have them take care of it?
Darren Kirkpatrick: You have zero quality control?
Paintball Support 5: i'm telling you exactly what our terms of use says. if there are any defects, you must go through the manufacturer
Darren Kirkpatrick: Are you going to pay for shipping to and from the manufacturer?
Darren Kirkpatrick: Just so we are clear, you are telling me that ansgear sells garbage products to their customers and takes no responsibility for it?
Paintball Support 5: no not at all.
Paintball Support 5: Darren, would you like to call us and speak to us over the phone?
Darren Kirkpatrick: OK
Paintball Support 5: (805)522-8700
Darren Kirkpatrick: how long will I have to hold for?
Paintball Support 5: (Thank you for your patience. The operator will be back with you shortly)
Darren Kirkpatrick: I will be posting this entire conversation over forums on the internet, you should teach your customer service reps not to hang up the phone on customers when they don't get their way.
Paintball Support 5: i'm sorry but we did not hang up on you sir.
Darren Kirkpatrick: I really cannot believe there is a company that thinks this is acceptable to treat their customers like this...
Paintball Support 5: i'm sorry but i don't know what you are referring to sir. all we did was ask that you call in and speak with us.
Darren Kirkpatrick: I am beyond unhappy with your service at this point, and unless you decide to fix the problem. I will never use your site again and will make it my short term mission to advise as many people as I can about your company.
Paintball Support 5: all we have been trying to do is help you out with this issue that you are experiencing
Darren Kirkpatrick: I can garuntee that the business you lose from the small amount of people that stay away from your company due to this problem will be far greater than replacing the garbage product you just sent me.
Paintball Support 5: i'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about our company. we have been trying to help you this whole time. we have a policy in place and we have been trying to tell you this the entire time.
Paintball Support 5: the manufacturer is willing to help you out, which is the correct route to go but it seems that you are not willing to attempt this.
Darren Kirkpatrick: it is not a manufacturing defect, it is a puncture in the tank.
Darren Kirkpatrick: this puncture was not created during manufacturing, it was done after. There is no doubt about that.
Paintball Support 5: exactly, that is a manufacturing defect. that does not happen in the time from us receiving it to sending it out to you.
Paintball Support 5: again, if you would like to speak about this further, then please feel free to call us direct.
Darren Kirkpatrick: it is your responsibility to inspect products and make sure they are not damaged before you ship to your customers
Darren Kirkpatrick: you sold me a damaged product. The manufacturer did not.
Paintball Support 5: it is up to the quality control of the manufacturer to make sure that there are no defects
Darren Kirkpatrick: already have people on x7og.net thanking for the information about your company. You can fix this problem if you like, and I will delete the post.
Darren Kirkpatrick: all you have to do is provide the product i paid you for in good working condition
Darren Kirkpatrick: i did not receive what I paid for from you.
Darren Kirkpatrick: I will also accept a full refund, whatever you want.
Paintball Support 5: Darren, again can you please call us direct?
Darn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
instigation. legally by purchasing from a company and their terms of use policy or product policy you are legally binding yourself and the company that any problems will be taken care of by the manufacturer and not the company selling the product. Also if a company does take a item back they can/will charge you 15-35% restocking fee along with the cost to ship it back. All you have to do is simply call crossfire, theyll ask you to ship it in or best case scenario, work something out through crossfire to a certified crossfire dealer in canada for a potential product exchange. And the store can then send the tank back as a RMA.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Tabris17
Super Moderator

While ANS has notoriety for having questionable customer service, from your post I have to say they did everything right.
They offered help and gave you a number to call and advised you on steps to take. You denied the help and instead proceeded to demand and make verbal threats. They asked you repeatedly to call them or call the manufacturer.
If it's a pin hole in the side of the tank, chances are it could just be from the gel coating itself. As long as no fibers are exposed, the tanks are safe to use. The gel coatings do get air bubbles during manufacturing and they are removed to the best of the ability of the manufacturers but some do remain.
Chances are if you called crossfire they would have asked for pictures to be sent to them, or you could have offered to email them some, and they could have probably resolved your issue within a few minutes.
You've put yourself in the situation and there is nobody else to blame. You, again, verbally threatened them and said you were posting the conversation to show how 'bad' they are. In this case though, you are at fault. You did in fact receive the item you paid for, they advised you to either call them or the manufacturer, you then made demands and threats while ignoring the advice for calling. This hurts you more then it hurts them.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 03-26-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #4
Alpha Black man

That sounds like good customer service to me. Like they said you just need to contact Crossfire. ANS cant make sure that every single tank is good.
Alpha Black man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
bvdave
I like Muffins

Send a message via MSN to bvdave Send a message via Yahoo to bvdave
yea I doubt they took a drill and drilled a hole into the tank, while it does suck for you, that can be what happens when you deal with online stores vs local proshops
Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
I bought 3 tanks from ANS, just got them yesterday. I got a ninja, crossfire and pure energy. The crossfire and ninja have little hole like area's on the bottles. They look like pin holes, but dont go all the way through. Id imagine its just from being on the chuck,or whatever type of mount they put it in when applying the coating onto the bottle. This is nothing to worry about.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote