pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
elmnt4lfe
Banned

Need your opinion.

As many of you saw, i was very excited that i got to hold a dm6, and i am now saving up for one. I need your opinions. I can probably walk a trigger 15-18bps max, and i would use a dm6 for woodsball, mainly because of the accuracy, and the speed when needed. I would also use it for speedball on occasion. Do you think A) i should buy a richochete apache hopper and n2 tank for my tippy, which i would use later on a dm6, or B) spend twice as much on a hopper and get a halo b, and look like a fool with it on my tippy.
elmnt4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #2
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
Halo, no question about it. I haven't seen the apache perform consistently ever.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
elmnt4lfe
Banned

Thats what i thought people would say. i was doing yardwork today (hopefully i'll get a few bucks) and i realized that a q loader is another option, the fact that it only holds 100 rounds would make me conserve paint, while still feeding fast enough.
elmnt4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
drumjester
Lost Boy

Personaly i think you should just get a halo or velocity. Im not to up with the q-loader but i figure its more work then anything. Also i agree with Kowz 76 in that ive never seen an apache work right (not feeding, double feeding, choping in the loader....).
Xrossfire Paintball- www.xrossfirepaintball.com
drumjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
Don't get the Q-loader. Waste of money, and 100 balls isn't enough to be effective on the field. The halo or reloader b is definitely the way to go.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Neonlazer
That dude from Canada

Since accuracy is determined via your barrel, I would suggest just picking up an UltraLite with 98 threads, and going from there. HALO ftw definetly, VLocities are a bit odd looking, depends on what you want though. As for wanting a DM6, thats awesome, I'd suggest getting one, but, its not exactly your woodsball type of rugged marker, best suited for the speedball field. But, its all up to you as you're the one going to be buying the merchandise.
EDIT** thanks for finding that for me volcom, I thought I put woodsball first time through... meh
Live by the marker, die by the marker
DM6 blue
Empire B blue
Crossfire 68/45 LP
I3 blue

Last edited by Neonlazer : 03-19-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Neonlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
volcom0729
himynameispaul.

Send a message via AIM to volcom0729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonlazer
Since accuracy is determined via your barrel, I would suggest just picking up an UltraLite with 98 threads, and going from there. HALO ftw definetly, VLocities are a bit odd looking, depends on what you want though. As for wanting a DM6, thats awesome, I'd suggest getting one, but, its not exactly your speedball type of rugged marker, best suited for the speedball field. But, its all up to you as you're the one going to be buying the merchandise.
huh?

why would he get an ultralite with 98 threads if hes getting a dm6 which uses autococker threads and already comes with an ultralite?

and then you say the dm6 isnt exactly his speedball type of marker, but next you say its best suited for a speedball field.

im so confused
volcom0729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
new storm

I think what he meant to say is that its not your normal rugged WOODSBALL marker. Not to sound bias, but a $1300 woodsball gun? Get a tactical ion or something, IMO.

http://hogansalleypaintball.com/
XSV Fan Club #992
Thomas Taylor Fan #77
Neil Eberle Fan #1
FBM DELRIN EGO TRIGGER NIB - CHEAP!!! PM ME
new storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
volcom0729
himynameispaul.

Send a message via AIM to volcom0729
ah.why not just get an egrip on your 98, and get an ultralite for it.that may be better than spending 1300+ on a woodsball gun.
volcom0729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #10
darktrooper5

Send a message via AIM to darktrooper5
Whoa, back this up. Barrel quality has something to do with accuracy. The Dm6 will be no more accurate than my intimidator.

Accuracy is determined by a few factors:

Paint quality- Garbage in, garbage out. Dimples, method of storage, quality and freshness are all key.

Temperature and humidity- Pretty basic. The cold is not good for paint, neither is extreme heat.

Barrel bore and paint bore- I'm not gonna go on about this, check out the barrel stickies.

You aim- Both eyes open, steady hands, don't be drunk...

I suggest a Halo B hopper for you. If you're getting an expsensive marker, don't go cheap on the extra stuff! I own 2 halos and love them. Easy to maintain once you take a look inside and great preformance. I've used the vlocity, its a fine hopper, but not my style, I think its disgusting,still.

If you want a DM to play woodsball only with, I suggest a DM4 or PM5. There's no real point in spending 1500(after tank and hopper) on a gun that if it takes a spill in the river, will be screwed. Your money and whatnot, just my 2 cents.
darktrooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #11
Superman09
Unregistered User...BAM!

Send a message via AIM to Superman09
dark trooper is right...the biggest 3 of those are paint, aim, the temp. IN THAT ORDER