pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic > Religion / Philosophy

Old 04-11-2002, 04:47 PM   #41
Snowball
Smile :) Jesus loves you!

God's everywhere :)

Wow I really am surprised to find a major Christian thread here. It's really weird because this morning at a Bible study in school we were talking about how God uses everyone, and shows up everywhere and works through everything.

I love how God works .

Prayer requests:

On April 19th my brother is coming home from college, and we're going to play paintball. I've been really slack about working on him about God, and I really would like prayer for both him, and for me in this.

My uncle's mom died. I didn't know her, but I'm sure it's hurting him badly. I have no idea about where my Uncle's beliefs lie (another thing I need to work on ).

For me(Chris) for temptations and decisions.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #42
teddi

First of all I would like to say its awsome that there is a prayer thread here.

Now onto my requests,
Mom-may have Cancer

dad-trying to quit smoking

Me- I am having some stress proplems in my life right now
Old 04-26-2002, 03:02 AM   #43
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Killer Kat
Done!

Consider it covered!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:25 PM   #44
Cube242
CRAM!

Send a message via AIM to Cube242
Hey, I need some prayer. Just... Prayer. Morality, is the way to sum it up.

Bless you guys.
CPPA member # 999
Old 04-29-2002, 02:44 AM   #45
Crime Dog
Legend

Send a message via AIM to Crime Dog
*nods* I know what ya mean Cube. As the Kat says..."You're covered."
Old 04-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #46
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Believe me!

You're not alone, We all need prayers for that one Bro! Self included!
Old 05-05-2002, 06:21 PM   #47
Snowball
Smile :) Jesus loves you!

Youth Group

Hi.

My youth group is going through a little trouble right now. Some of the members have fallen, and haven't been attending church much. We've gotten word that some of them have been going to parties and doing some very sinful/unhealthy things. We had a big discussion tonight about it at church, and I think we all need prayer.

Thanks a lot.

Chris
Old 05-06-2002, 08:30 AM   #48
Killer Kat
Registered Member

What's the name?

Chris what's the name of the church group? CYF? PYF? MYF? I don't need individuals names, but just the members of _____ church group helps direct my prayers.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:38 AM   #49
specter542
univ. of north carolina

Send a message via AIM to specter542
me, villhim98c (will), my mom and 2 bro's are flying today to goto london to see my dad. we return next saturday, may18th. please pray for us that we have a safe flight and that angels are with us...
my dad has been overseas in the british island territory of Diego Garcia, in the indian ocean since june of 2001. please pray for him aswell. for his base has deployed 90% of the planes that have bombed afghanistan. he is the commanding officer of the base and has also bombed afghanistan. ...so please pray for the safety of his base while he is away and that they continue to maintain excellence in the absence of his authority......its been a hard year for me being my dad hasn't been around so i could reallly use ur prayers
heres a pic of one of the b-2 bombers on the island.... my dad is one over from the center in the khaki uniform.
THanks for your prayeRS!
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
~Co& Ca~

university of north carolina at greensboro class of 2008
Old 05-11-2002, 06:02 AM   #50
Crime Dog
Legend

Will do Specter...
Old 05-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #51
SharpShot025

Send a message via AIM to SharpShot025
I would like to pray for the moderators here, that God will enable them to continue there work and that he will use them in non-Christians lives, so that they can see the differance.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:05 AM   #52
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Thanks & prayers

I agree! There are alot of people here who need and deserve not only our thanks, but our prayers as well! To help someone else in prayers means so much more than we realize, but it also does help "us' so much more as well! Does that make sense?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:07 PM   #53
RamboPreacher
CPPA Founder

Send a message via ICQ to RamboPreacher Send a message via AIM to RamboPreacher Send a message via Yahoo to RamboPreacher
I don't do this very often...

The Back Story...
My wife works at , here in IowaDrake University. Untill recently we thought that her "benefit package" only included herself and my children for tuition. It covers her completely for tuition, and again, untill recnetly, covers up to two children. The tuition for th echildren was an increasing percentage based on the number of years she has tenyeared. When she reached 5 years, tuition was to be free.

The latest news (good), is that this benefit changes and that it covers 100% tuition for two "family members" (at any given time), and not just children, and that it goes into effect this June that the time on the job required is only 1 year!

That means that my daughter, who finished her first year there will now be able to get free tuition! My son won't start for a couple years, so that means _I_ can go to university!

The Request...
Though I have not decided a major yet, I have decided to do something fun like physics, maths, astronomy, archeology or even work more on my theology degrees. Anyway, that's not the real issue. I am sure I will be able to decide after I speak to admissions and a class counselor. My issue is that I am over 40 now and have extreme "butterflys" about going "back to school". I am no stranger to studying, and that isn't really my issue (my bachelors in Theology was attained with some kind of cum laud thing meaning that i was a 4.0 student). My work schedule is as flexible as I wnat it to be, so that is not an issue either...

Though Drake has a religious background, it is considered a secular university and the students will all be very young in age compared to myself, and I am unsure how I will fit-in as a student. here is my challenge. I would liket o have a bit more peace going forward with this. I am sure that it is what God has for me, but is this nervousness normal? I didn't feel this way at Bible College and Seminary.

Your prayers are appreciated.
Founder - CPPA (Christian Paintball Players Association)
Quote:
Ebonclaw wrote
What was this thread about again? [locked]
Quote:
Ebonclaw wrote
/thread [locked]
Old 05-29-2002, 02:53 AM   #54
Killer Kat
Registered Member

From one Fosil to Another!

You Go Bro! These kind of prayers are the best!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:30 AM   #55
Crime Dog
Legend

I read that over at CPPA Rambo...and know that I'm praying for you...
Old 05-29-2002, 05:00 AM   #56
Gibralter
See you on the flip side

Send a message via AIM to Gibralter
My grandfather has cancer. I have mentioned it before, but i was going to update. The doctor had been telling him that the cancer was going away and he was going to make it. Well it turns out that the doctor didn't know how to tell him, and he had cut back on the treatments, and now he has just a few months left to live. My dad really wants to see him, but has no funds. It is really discouraging to our whole family. He doesn't know the Lord to my knowledge, so we are praying for him, and the family.

J&J Ceramic Barrel (Spyder) For Sale!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:09 PM   #57
Gibralter
See you on the flip side

Send a message via AIM to Gibralter
Well, i just got word about 10 mins ago that my grandfather w/ cancer has just past away. He was given about 2 months to live a few days ago. He had been doing really bad (I just found our). He was losing weight like crazy because some medication would enlarge his throat and choke him and he couldn't eat. That happended several times, and he was just losing energy and didn't want to eat. He had to sell his horse, one of the only joys of his life (besides his wife who has allshymers(sp?)) The medication that he was allergic to also made him lose his teeth. What is worse was my dad and my aunt were going up to see him on Sat., for not having seen for alteast 10 years and he had some final things to say to them regarding his life.

Sorry for the long post, but i thought i would let you guys know and ask for prayer for my dad and the family.

On a positive note, my youth pastor's seizures haven't happened in ages, and they just had a baby girl.

J&J Ceramic Barrel (Spyder) For Sale!
Old 06-18-2002, 07:53 PM   #58
unreal7
Hella Cool

Send a message via AIM to unreal7 Send a message via Yahoo to unreal7
i really need prayer. my ex is makeing my life horriable, i love her. she hurts me... i need help i can't stand this...
Don't mess with me I ref here
Old 06-19-2002, 03:01 AM   #59
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Life

Gibralter, I'm so sorry to hear that you and your family have had to go through this. And I know there are no words that anyone could say to take away the pain that you all are feeling. This is something that we all will experience throughout our lives without exception. Although we here on earth anguish in grief, find solace in the fact your Grandfather is now in paradice, free of pain, and earthly worries. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:07 AM   #60
Killer Kat
Registered Member

Unreal

I too know this, Been there (am there) And doing it!
One day at a time brother.
Pray, go to church, walk the walk, and talk the talk, GOD is listening, as well as watching.
Just remember this, it must be "GODS WILL" not ours! Keep reminding yourself of this. It helps, and it really works!
You too are in my prayers!