pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Ion / Epiphany / EOS / Vibe

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
ffburns2

Unhappy ION or NERVE I can't decide

Can ne1 tell me the advantages / disadvantages (differences) between the ION & NERVE. I am looking at getting one or the other but I can't really decide.

Please Help

Thanks

Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

Search this has been asked before. But i would go w/ the ion since the nerve is fugly.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
ffburns2

But what about performance?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
iliveforthis99
Maher

The nerve might look like a good deal but it's not you're going to spend more money getting parts for it to preform good.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #5
drunkenMonkey

Send a message via AIM to drunkenMonkey
When you compare a nerve to lower-end guns it's going to be better. Once you start comparing it to higher-ends, it's at the bottom of the barrel. Don't go for a nerve when you can get a shocker for 100 more.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
timthedrummer

Send a message via MSN to timthedrummer Send a message via Yahoo to timthedrummer
I have an Ion and another guy on my team has a Nerve and our back player has a Shocker. The Nerve uses the same technology as the Shocker (seal-forward technology) and is a dream to shoot. The Shocker is undoubtedly a better marker, however. They both come well equipped for stock guns, with a Freak barrel, Q-Lock feedneck, good triggers, and are both really fast. The Ion, however is less than a third of the price of a Shocker, and for that reason, I would go with the Ion. Shoot all three of them and see which one you like better.

Check out our team's forum! www.riot.forumer.com

Friends don't let friends use co2.

I wish my toenails were emo so they would cut themselves
Old 04-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
trivisual
Trivisual Studios

Send a message via AIM to trivisual Send a message via MSN to trivisual
if u can afford a nerve, then i would buy this over the ion. however if u r willing to, i would wait to save a little more money for the shocker.

Smart Parts Ion - Crossfire 68/4500RED - Odyssey Halo B - SP Q-Lock - SP 360 QEV - SP Freak Jr. Kit - Deadly Wind Foehn - SP Firebolt - Trinity 06 Slim Grip - SP Angle Drop - SP Dovetail Adapter - Virtue Ion Board - Virtue Laser Eye Board - NDZ Roller Trigger - Membrane/LED Relocation Mod - Stripped/Polished Frame

Spyder E-Xtra - Backup -

AIM: trivisualstudios
Old 04-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
VeXga

Send a message via AIM to VeXga
iliveforthis99 is swayed in his vision of what marker is better...keep in mind that the nerve was a 1000 dollar gun, the reason for it's failure was not due to mal-proformance, Nerves are sick guns, they are faster then the ion stock, they come stock with no upgrades needed (unlike the ion). the nerve is capped at 24 bps semi and 20 for rebound. There is a reason the Ion released at 300 it's to cover the LOW END department, the nerve only failed because the shocker was already on the market and was doing exceptionally well, why replace that? people get the wrong impression when comparing the nerve to guns. When comparing the Nerve to the shocker one would find that they are not all that different, the shocker weights 4 oz less, and it's a little bit smaller, proformance wise they are exactly alike, when people say Stock nerve>stock shocker...Fully upped shocker>fully upped nerve they are implying that the effiency is better, fireing ability is equal. The nerve uses the same boards and trigger frames, they will fire the same. It is almost stupid to compare the ion and the nerve. Go with the nerve bud, you will not be upset.
::Nexus Ram::
::Nexus QEV::
::10' Red and Stainless freak::
::Shocktech Clamping feedneck::
::Shocktech Superfly Bolt::
::68/3000 crossfire carbon tank::
::Black Halo B Hopper::

and of course the best thing I Own
::Spyder Imagine BONE STOCK::

Last edited by VeXga : 04-21-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
iliveforthis99
Maher

You'll be upset when you spend money to get the damn thing working the way it should.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
nerve, those things can rip outta the box

http://video.freevideoblog.com/Playe...0-3D0A1150CC6A

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
Nossit

the ion is a very fast gun. i would know cuz i just shot mine for the first time td but my friend has a nerve and that thing is unreal. it beats the ion. even though the ion is unruley fast for the price, the nerve is still the better gun. its a win win situation though.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #12
iliveforthis99
Maher

It doesn't really matter which gun can shoot the fastest. You only need to shoot around 15bps the only good thing about shooting faster is bragging rights.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
nick_reith
is heb

Send a message via ICQ to nick_reith Send a message via AIM to nick_reith Send a message via MSN to nick_reith Send a message via Yahoo to nick_reith
Meh I would go for an upped ion over a nerve. Or just spend a few more dollars and get the vision shocker. That will be better then either.

Own a spyder or ion? Want some general paintball info? For techinical help for spyders/ions be sure to visit www.nicksdistortion.com
So you go to HustlePaintball.com and buy an Angel paintball gun. Why? Because Hustle is cheaper, better and they have the Hustle Hotties.
AIM = nickr6388 Yahoo IM = nickr6388 ICQ = 473516658MSN = nickr6388@hotmail.com Myspace = Myspace.com/pbrnick
Proto Matrix 6 Bob Long Intimidator Spyder Imagine
Old 04-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
timthedrummer

Send a message via MSN to timthedrummer Send a message via Yahoo to timthedrummer
iliveforthis99 is very wrong. the stock nerve is much better than a stock shocker. the nerve has a freak (with a stainless steel back and stainless steel insert) and is $125 dollars less than a shocker. the shocker will, however, get you more woahs at fields. i would still go with the ion though, because it is $175 less than the nerve, and a third of the price of a shocker. you can buy parts as you need them with an ion. i just got an ion from actionvillage.com for $200, and for the price, it can't be beaten. with a new board and a new trigger, it will shoot faster than either the shocker or the nerve, and will still be cheaper. there is a guy at the field i play at with an ion, and he nails people all the time. he has put $1200 worth of stuff in it, and it is faster than any other gun at the field (including shockers, angels, and the like). he is just now fixing to get a shocker (i don't know why, his ion is better than shockers, and he knows it). i would go with the ion.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
Sheps

Quote:
Originally Posted by timthedrummer
The Nerve uses the same technology as the Shocker (seal-forward technology)
ROFL, do you have a clue what seal forward technology means?

I think that if you did you would die of immense shame.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #16
iliveforthis99
Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by timthedrummer
iliveforthis99 is very wrong. the stock nerve is much better than a stock shocker.
Um haven't said the nerve was better the shocker, yet. But it is imho. And the shocker has a freak also so big whoop about the nerve having one.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #17
nick_reith
is heb

Send a message via ICQ to nick_reith Send a message via AIM to nick_reith Send a message via MSN to nick_reith Send a message via Yahoo to nick_reith
The freak would be a con for me. I strongly dislike freaks. But whatever. I still stick by saying shocker vision > nerve. IMO.

Own a spyder or ion? Want some general paintball info? For techinical help for spyders/ions be sure to visit www.nicksdistortion.com
So you go to HustlePaintball.com and buy an Angel paintball gun. Why? Because Hustle is cheaper, better and they have the Hustle Hotties.
AIM = nickr6388 Yahoo IM = nickr6388 ICQ = 473516658MSN = nickr6388@hotmail.com Myspace = Myspace.com/pbrnick
Proto Matrix 6 Bob Long Intimidator Spyder Imagine
Old 04-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
I LUV PB
My dream gun

Send a message via AIM to I LUV PB
just go with the shocker, $100 more

Black To Red Gear
' ' 2005 Black/Red DYE Hybrid Pants,2005 Black/Red DYE C5 Jersey, Blue Profiler with tinted lense, NXe 4+3+2 Evalation Pro Harness ' '

Add this to your sig if you pay for all your paintball stuff by yourself.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #19
timthedrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheps
ROFL, do you have a clue what seal forward technology means?

I think that if you did you would die of immense shame.
Yes I do, actually. Seal-forward technology means that the bolt closes shortly before the marker is fired, kind of like a mix between an autococker and an electropneumatic. And when my teammate got a Shocker, it had an All-American on it. It was a couple of months ago though.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
iliveforthis99
Maher

Well as far as i can remember all the stock shockers i've looked at have had freaks on them. But i agree w/ nick i'm not a big fan of them myself and would probably just sell it to a back for my scepter or a HE or whatever that thing is.