pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > New Paintballers

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
lilpunk1302
There's always a back way

Send a message via MSN to lilpunk1302
What gun? I already have a few picked but...

Ok well, hi guys, I've been playing paintball for a while now (gone twine with a 6 month period inbetween, btu I'm so awesomly amazing u'd think I've been playin 4evs.) and I've decided to get meself a marker. Currently I have my strong hopes set on a VL Orion, but apparently it's not as popular as Canadian Tire and Walmart hoped so it's dissapearing off the shelves(any1 kno where they are? In the Vancouver bc area) and yeah, I'm looking for a marker in the $150-250 range that actually looks like a plaintball marker, like no 98 custom, i mean like a REAL paintball marker, something that looks like a Spyder ACS, but yeah, I'm kinda looking for a set, but I guess if you give me a parts list I could assemble it, but yeah, thanks in advance.

PS, my friend said that the Tippmann MR1 is good...is it? I don't really liek it cuz of the real gun look, but yeah, if it's like this awesome beast, I'l be willing to sacrifice.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:33 AM   #2
malcontent
p8nt3r_X3r0

wow... i mean wow..

ok number one, Tippman doesnt make the MR1... Spyder does. smack your friend for saying that.

number two, the 98 Custom IS A REAL PAINTBALL MARKER!! the design is actualy a classic design. (look up the .68 Carbine from Tippman, almost identical design in layout and looks)

number three, 250 canadian should be able to net you an Auto-cocker package from wallyworld. if you want something that doesnt have a mil-sim smell to it, that would be your best bet. and since you say you play like you've played "4evs" (whatever the hell that means) you should know how to keep up with this marker. how to tune and time it properly aswell as keep it clean.

number four, dont go with the orion... its my opinion that anything VL touches lately is crap

"pimp smacked by the ghetto-blastah... AGAIN!" - overheard at the local field

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbrendanw View Post
If you take something apart and put it back together enough times, you will eventually have enough parts to make another
"a word to the wise is infuriating." Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
Milky Spore

Send a message via AIM to Milky Spore

YOU NEED IT!

You've also been playing for 6 months, you're not THAT good. Anyways...

I would recommend a Spyder Pilot ACS, 20oz. Co2 tank, Viewloader eVLution II hopper, and a JT Proflex or VFore Profiler mask.