pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Nerve

Old 05-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
Autocockerlove

Angel Speed 05 vs Smart Parts Nerve

I have a used angel speed with a Halo B and a 45/4500 tank. I want to sell that and get a new smart parts nerve. I have another 45/4500 tank so I don't need to replace the tank I am selling. What are the ups and downs of both markers. I am having a hard time resisting 475 bucks for a nerve. I figure I could sell the Angel and the hopper and tank and buy a nerve and be able to afford more accessories. What do you think?
Autocockerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
Uziel Gal
Legend

Have a read of the Nerve Reviews, and then go to a shop or field where you can try one out. It is best to try the marker for yourself and make your own decision rather than to ask ours - users in this forum have already made the decision to buy a Nerve, so the result would be a foregone conclusion, but what works for us may not work for you. By asking for an opinion in a marker specific forum, answers are bound to be biased towards one or other marker - after all, this is the Nerve forum, and we are likely to be fans of the Nerve.

Without wanting to prejudice your decision, what about the Nerve do you feel would be an improvement over your Speed? You may have other options to get the performance you want, such as modifying the Speed.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
VeXga

Send a message via AIM to VeXga
As with any what gun should i get posted in that particular guns threads you will always get a some what bias oppinion not matter what the people say...they will have some what of a bias oppinion. I don't really know about the angel but i really like my nerve, it shoots ropes and not hard to maintain, it also comes completely upgraded, I am assuming that the 05 speed would shoot similar because all high end shoot very similar with a few minor differences...Alot of it would have to do with how you like the looks, feel, and upgradbility/what upgrades would come stock... Nerves you can pick up pretty cheap...not really sure how much a used 05 speed goes for but from the very little research i have done (price wise) i think they are about 100+ more than the nerve...i would also take that into consideration...if there is any place where you can at least hold one of each that would be good. Although thats usually hard it's the best way to decide. The reviews will also help to enlighten you on the positives and negitives of a marker with the exception that people alot of people may have a unique experience with a gun...hope that was a little bit of help...
::Nexus Ram::
::Nexus QEV::
::10' Red and Stainless freak::
::Shocktech Clamping feedneck::
::Shocktech Superfly Bolt::
::68/3000 crossfire carbon tank::
::Black Halo B Hopper::

and of course the best thing I Own
::Spyder Imagine BONE STOCK::
VeXga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
team_xile
Midnight Storm

Send a message via AIM to team_xile Send a message via MSN to team_xile Send a message via Yahoo to team_xile
well I have never shot an 05 speed, however my friend has one and yes although it is a nice gun, it has a lot of flaws. For instance when we play together he starts shooting and his trigger will start bouncing, even w/ debounce on 3. The trigger is too light for the marker and it cause really bad and very dangerous bounce.

team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
Uziel Gal
Legend

All he probably needed to do was back out the toe adjuster or reduce the TR setting to one or two, rather than three (on an Angel, the higher the TR number, the more sensitive the trigger is). He may also have had the trigger set way too short.

With the '05 Speeds trigger having both front and rear mounted magnets to reset the trigger more quickly, it should be possible to set it to bounce less than the triggers on some other markers, not more. I cannot say that I ever had any major bounce problems with my '05 Speed, while I had it, when the trigger was set sensibly (in terms of length, toe adjustment and TR setting), nor with my G7.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
team_xile
Midnight Storm

Send a message via AIM to team_xile Send a message via MSN to team_xile Send a message via Yahoo to team_xile
it could have been that, and it probably was that, I just wasn't real impressed with that though, because the board having debounce should eliminate that shouldn't it?

team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Uziel Gal
Legend

True, debounce should eliminate that - like I said though, he still had two more settings below the one he chose to use that would have reduced the bounce more. These lower settings may even have eliminated the bounce altogether.

The marker's board had the ability to reduce the bounce further, but he didn't use it. Can't really blame that on the marker.

Might it still have bounced if he set TR to 1? If his trigger was set too short, with the toe adjustment set to make the marker fire as soon as the trigger moved, maybe it would have, but not as much as it would when set to TR3.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: