heres a thread for disassembling teh ion, i havnt seen one around here, only on other sites. so i made one
and dont bother theeling me how ghetto my feedneck is.
you will need the allen wrenches that came with your ion, a 3/32 and a 1/8" allen wrench. find an open area on the floor on on a table, somewhere that isnt cluttered. you dont want to lose parts.
1st step, remove the air source, MAKE SURE that there is NO air in the marker. just to double check, put a barrel condom over the barrel, turn the electronics on (eyes off), and click the trigger a couple times. if it shot you should be glad you checked..
2nd step, now take the barrel off and unscrew the grip screws on the left side. now take the batter off. when taking the batter off DO NOT pull on the wires, what i do is i put the 3/32 allen wrench betweeen the 2 cnnectors and pry it up. that way you know you wont pull the power wires off of the board.*optional* i prefer to take the regulator and asa off of the gun. you can too, just dont lose the screen in the verticle adapter. if youd like you can also take the grips 100% off the frame.
3rd step, looking down on your marker ( have your feedneck pointing up) where the barrel screws in you will see a screw (in the breech) remove that screw, then remove the front and rear grip frame screws.
4th step, now slowly pull the grip frame away from the rest of the body, pull it out a little bit, slightly less than 1/2 an inch, now carefully lift front of the grip frame (where the verticle adapter is) enough so you can fit the 1/8 allen wrench into the banjo fitting. unscrew the banjo fitting..
5th step, now carefully pull the gripframe and the ion's body apart, being careful not to put much stress on the lines and on the solenoid. i siggest pushing the board along a little bit, the first time you take it apart its a tight fit.
6. now that you have the gripframe and the body separated take the solenooid off, unscrew the 2 banjo fittings going into the ion's body, and use a fingernail to pull the eye wire up, becareful not to damage the eye wire.
7. Now you can take the shell off of the ion's fire chamber, once the shell is off of the body (fire chamber) take out the eyes, it shoudl slide out eisily, do not bend the eyes.
8. now unscrew the fire chamber (rear section) from the breech (front). to get the bolt out you can just pull it out, but what you *should* do is as your pulling the bolt out is to shift the bolt to the side to catch the bolt stop and pull that out also.
1.use a damp cloth to wipe dirt and debris away form all the parts, make sure the eyes are clean also. i'd try not to get the eyes wet.
2. use sl33k or dow 33 (shocker lube) to grease the bolt stop and bolt's orings, put a decent amount on it, but dont glob it on..
Solenoid cleaning and whatnot
1. Use the 3/32 allen wrench to pry the bracket off of the red coul asembly, DO NOT pry from the red coil! pry from the upper black thing, *see pics.* now just pull the solenoid head straight up, it will pop right off, now flip the solenoid over, the armature will just fall out, be careful not to lose it. *you dont need to pull the hoses off the noid*
You can see where to pry the bracket in this pic.
You can see it better in this pic.
heres all the parts..
2. just use a cotton swab to clean out any grease or dirt off of the armature and from inside the solenoid body. and put a little grease on the solenoid heads oring.
3. to put it back together, put the armature back in the solenoid body, black part down, now just push the solenoid head in the solenoid body, make sure the right hoses are going the right way though. to pout the bracket back on, make sure the bent side of the bracket is down, and push it on, gently.
Reassembling your gun
1. attatch the banjo fitting on the shortest hose first (just make it snug, dont tighten it), be sure to put the solenoid head inside the grove in the body, this assures proper alignment.
2. now put the longer banjo fitting (the clear line, middle length of line) on and screw it in (dont tighten, it only needs to be snug), when you go to putt he eye's wire back in the slot, be sure to align the plug and the slot. if you dont and you force it, you can break one of the adapters. if it doesnt go in the slot, dont force it, try turning it the other way.
3. now put the battery harness through the grip frame and begin to feed the board through, now lift the verticle adapter and attach the last banjo fittin, DO NOT TIGHTEN, it just needs to be snug. be sure not to pinch the wires or hoses.
4. push the board in the rest of the way, if it doesnt want to go on all the way your solenoid head isnt aligned with the bodt properly. now attach the frame screws and the verticle screw in (under the barrel). screw on the grips, the reg and the asa.
That should be it.
i might have moe pics later..