pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Ion / Epiphany / EOS / Vibe

Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
palidon11
professional ***** lurker

Send a message via AIM to palidon11 Send a message via MSN to palidon11
disassembling your ion.

heres a thread for disassembling teh ion, i havnt seen one around here, only on other sites. so i made one and dont bother theeling me how ghetto my feedneck is.

disassembly

you will need the allen wrenches that came with your ion, a 3/32 and a 1/8" allen wrench. find an open area on the floor on on a table, somewhere that isnt cluttered. you dont want to lose parts.

1st step, remove the air source, MAKE SURE that there is NO air in the marker. just to double check, put a barrel condom over the barrel, turn the electronics on (eyes off), and click the trigger a couple times. if it shot you should be glad you checked..

2nd step, now take the barrel off and unscrew the grip screws on the left side. now take the batter off. when taking the batter off DO NOT pull on the wires, what i do is i put the 3/32 allen wrench betweeen the 2 cnnectors and pry it up. that way you know you wont pull the power wires off of the board.*optional* i prefer to take the regulator and asa off of the gun. you can too, just dont lose the screen in the verticle adapter. if youd like you can also take the grips 100% off the frame.

3rd step, looking down on your marker ( have your feedneck pointing up) where the barrel screws in you will see a screw (in the breech) remove that screw, then remove the front and rear grip frame screws.

4th step, now slowly pull the grip frame away from the rest of the body, pull it out a little bit, slightly less than 1/2 an inch, now carefully lift front of the grip frame (where the verticle adapter is) enough so you can fit the 1/8 allen wrench into the banjo fitting. unscrew the banjo fitting..

5th step, now carefully pull the gripframe and the ion's body apart, being careful not to put much stress on the lines and on the solenoid. i siggest pushing the board along a little bit, the first time you take it apart its a tight fit.

6. now that you have the gripframe and the body separated take the solenooid off, unscrew the 2 banjo fittings going into the ion's body, and use a fingernail to pull the eye wire up, becareful not to damage the eye wire.

7. Now you can take the shell off of the ion's fire chamber, once the shell is off of the body (fire chamber) take out the eyes, it shoudl slide out eisily, do not bend the eyes.

8. now unscrew the fire chamber (rear section) from the breech (front). to get the bolt out you can just pull it out, but what you *should* do is as your pulling the bolt out is to shift the bolt to the side to catch the bolt stop and pull that out also.

Cleaning

1.use a damp cloth to wipe dirt and debris away form all the parts, make sure the eyes are clean also. i'd try not to get the eyes wet.

2. use sl33k or dow 33 (shocker lube) to grease the bolt stop and bolt's orings, put a decent amount on it, but dont glob it on..

Solenoid cleaning and whatnot

1. Use the 3/32 allen wrench to pry the bracket off of the red coul asembly, DO NOT pry from the red coil! pry from the upper black thing, *see pics.* now just pull the solenoid head straight up, it will pop right off, now flip the solenoid over, the armature will just fall out, be careful not to lose it. *you dont need to pull the hoses off the noid*

You can see where to pry the bracket in this pic.

You can see it better in this pic.

heres all the parts..

2. just use a cotton swab to clean out any grease or dirt off of the armature and from inside the solenoid body. and put a little grease on the solenoid heads oring.

3. to put it back together, put the armature back in the solenoid body, black part down, now just push the solenoid head in the solenoid body, make sure the right hoses are going the right way though. to pout the bracket back on, make sure the bent side of the bracket is down, and push it on, gently.

Reassembling your gun

1. attatch the banjo fitting on the shortest hose first (just make it snug, dont tighten it), be sure to put the solenoid head inside the grove in the body, this assures proper alignment.

2. now put the longer banjo fitting (the clear line, middle length of line) on and screw it in (dont tighten, it only needs to be snug), when you go to putt he eye's wire back in the slot, be sure to align the plug and the slot. if you dont and you force it, you can break one of the adapters. if it doesnt go in the slot, dont force it, try turning it the other way.

3. now put the battery harness through the grip frame and begin to feed the board through, now lift the verticle adapter and attach the last banjo fittin, DO NOT TIGHTEN, it just needs to be snug. be sure not to pinch the wires or hoses.

4. push the board in the rest of the way, if it doesnt want to go on all the way your solenoid head isnt aligned with the bodt properly. now attach the frame screws and the verticle screw in (under the barrel). screw on the grips, the reg and the asa.

That should be it.

i might have moe pics later..

Last edited by palidon11 : 05-25-2006 at 01:14 PM.
palidon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

uhhhhh sticky anybody?
Halo TSA Frontman, SP Firebolt, Hybrid Contract Killer Grips

PBReview feedback
PBNation feedback
tippmannmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
spyderlover6mil

Send a message via AIM to spyderlover6mil
Fianly something to help those people asking"how do i take it apart?" here.
Sticky.
spyderlover6mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
palidon11

theres other disassembly posts on ther sites/forums, i just had to make my own, im planning on making mod threads for the ion as well. and i am very suprised there isnt a disassembly how-to in the sitcky.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
Phathed
Scenario Baller Wanna-Be

cough sticky cough

"I'm a Christian paintballer" if you are too put this in your sig!
Phathed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #6
spyderlover6mil

Send a message via AIM to spyderlover6mil
Yeah thats why i say sticky.
spyderlover6mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
Ditto
Old No. 7

Good thread, even though there were some dissassembly guides for ion's before in the stickys, this one shows how to take the selenoid apart. Good job.
Custom modified shell (Jack Daniel's)
Odyssey Halo B w/ RIP (smoke)
Ultralyte Dye 14" (black)
New Desingnz Roller (red)
Smart Parts 360 QEV
Trinity Universal Cradle drop forward with On/Off (black)
Killa Magnetic Ball detents
3000psi 48cu Pure Energy HPA Tank
soon
Lady Hybrid Grips (red)
T-Board
CP regulator or Bob Long Torpedo
Another shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codestar20
I've seen some pretty moronic stuff and this rivals the best.
Ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Maximus77x

Sticky this.
Maximus77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #9
qscwbt
THE SCARECROW

very nice i like it. may be some one wants to do one for the reg
Old 05-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #10
palidon11

i havnt disassembled the stock reg yet, perhaps i should do that today?

Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #11
Spaz419
Spaz419

Send a message via MSN to Spaz419
Great job man! Stickie FT
Cp reg,adjustable ram cap,micro gauge Techna scythe 2
Custom SPD grips
Killa detents
Spaz419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #12
snotshooter

Uhhhh spell check!
*cough* spell check *cough*
Old 05-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #13
palidon11

meh, i should capitalize and fix typos. bwe.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
Gen0va
Registered Member

Great job!

Added to the ultimate sticky.
Gen0va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #15
DirtyBirdy51

Send a message via AIM to DirtyBirdy51
really helped me. the directions werent clear enough due to the lack of pics, but yours was spot on!
DirtyBirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
palidon11

whoa. i didnt notice it got bumped up

thanks Genova! i hope it helps more people. ive been linking people to it on pbn and pbr and wherever else.

haha, u knwo what i did..i saw on the main forum page that there was a recent post called "disassembling your ion" so i automatically opened it up and went to link this page to it..but then there was 2 of the same page open an then i realized this was the post that i opened..

Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #17
snotshooter

I know you asked.......but what the hell happened to that FEEDNECK?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #18
nick_reith
is heb

Send a message via ICQ to nick_reith Send a message via AIM to nick_reith Send a message via MSN to nick_reith Send a message via Yahoo to nick_reith
It was probably a vice grip or plyers that scratched it as he got it off. And since this is a ion disassembly thread:

Use a strap wrench to get the feedneck off. It won't scratch the metal.

Own a spyder or ion? Want some general paintball info? For techinical help for spyders/ions be sure to visit www.nicksdistortion.com
So you go to HustlePaintball.com and buy an Angel paintball gun. Why? Because Hustle is cheaper, better and they have the Hustle Hotties.
AIM = nickr6388 Yahoo IM = nickr6388 ICQ = 473516658MSN = nickr6388@hotmail.com Myspace = Myspace.com/pbrnick
Proto Matrix 6 Bob Long Intimidator Spyder Imagine
nick_reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #19
palidon11

yeah, i didnt care, i took a pipe wrench to it. i couldnt get the feedneck off my reloader b, and it twisted off the ion, and i tried to screw it back on but i messed up the threads a bit so i decided not to mess with it anymore. a little lube and a pipe wrench got it done. ill be getting a new one soon. i dont care..it adds a sense of individuality to it

Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #20
Amparo_Jan
The Loan Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Amparo_Jan
Thanks for the disassembly pics helps alot more than the manual. ONE thing though i have a cp trig and i cant get the stock trigger pin out... Can someone please post about it or email me how to do it??

Amparo_Jan@yahoo.com

Thanks

Jan
Amparo_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote