pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Ion / Epiphany / EOS / Vibe

Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #81
Greg.

Im putting on a drop forward, new trigger, new grips and a new tank.
Greg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #82
xtylerrrx

Send a message via AIM to xtylerrrx
barrel or feedneck for sure,id say barrel then feedneck then bolt or Qev

WANT A VLOCITY JR. GET AT ME WITH A PRICE

Ballers add me on myspace.

myspace.com/bmxrider24
xtylerrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #83
vapsion

feedneck

i say definitely the feedneck then the asa needs to be upgraded then go about the trigger and barrel.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #84
bunnydaboy1203

Im thinking that you should get a barrel the trigger right away then a virtue board.
bunnydaboy1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #85
Jai_den

Newbie here.....

This has been very informative, and exactly what I have been looking for.

Some of the things I had to look up cause I didnt understand the jargon.

Quick question....What is the function of the SP MaxFLO Micro? Is this an ASA/Reg/QEV combo?

Thanks
Jai_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #86
iliveforthis99
Maher

It's an on/off bottom line reg, the only real purpose for it IMO is to make it easier to travel since YOU can remove the tank yourself from the reg. A QEV is totally different and goes inside the gun replacing the middle banjo.
Quote:
Quick Exhaust Valves (QEV):
Quick exhaust valves are used in many other applications where a hose is used to carry pressure to another part of the device. What they do is allow air pressure traveling back through the hose to vent out right at the QEV, instead of having to travel all the way back to the solenoid in this situation. What this allows is a much decreased dwell time due to the increased venting speed, which also helps to increase efficiency and lengthen battery life. An Ion using a QEV will also be able to cycle faster than one without, although the real limiting factor in the marker's rate of fire is the speed of the hopper.
Taken from zdspb.com, i suggest you swing by there it's full of helpful info for new ion owners.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #87
FrEaK_501
?!?!?!?!?

bolt and QEV

Tech T L7 bolt
360 QEV
their cheap for how much they do
less kick\faster fire rate\less air used per shot

Last edited by FrEaK_501 : 03-30-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: not accuret
FrEaK_501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 AM   #88
FrEaK_501
?!?!?!?!?

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnydaboy1203 View Post
Im thinking that you should get a barrel the trigger right away then a virtue board.
dont get the virtue its about the same as the seventh element board but the virtue is twice the price
FrEaK_501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #89
PAX IMPERIALIS

Send a message via AIM to PAX IMPERIALIS
The FIRST thing I upgraded on my ion was the feedneck. Clamping feednecks are a necessity.

After that I did my trigger, on/off ASA, and barrel in that order.

Or buy them all at once

Custom Half Block Sniper
Custom Autococker
Brass Eagle Rainmaker - Broken

Last edited by PAX IMPERIALIS : 05-23-2008 at 09:55 PM.
PAX IMPERIALIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #90
Broxlz

actualy the best thing is a hpa tank with out that you will be having lots of probs
Broxlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #91
iliveforthis99
Maher

An HPA tank isn't really an upgrade. You don't even need to use it on an Ion if you do a few things.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #92
six66picupstyxx

new Feedneck Is A First
six66picupstyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #93
mekanikl_killer
Multi-Colored Death

i guess i'm a little backwards. i got a QEV, then trigger and bolt at the same time

do ASA's come with a macroline and fitting?

Last edited by mekanikl_killer : 06-10-2008 at 03:02 PM.
mekanikl_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #94
heysueskreesto2
<3 Monster

Send a message via AIM to heysueskreesto2
Usually not. It depends, really.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #95
iliveforthis99
Maher

I have yet to see one sold w/ a macro line. Seen them sold a few times maybe w/ a fitting though. But most mid-ends and high-ends these days have macro lines already. So you can at least use the fitting that came w/ the gun and maybe even the macro if it's not to short.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #96
ice6769

Not to flog a dead horse, but I want to emphasize the fact that brand new regulators must be broken in before they perform at their full potential. I am seeing a trend where people automatically assume their reg is not good enough after stepping to the chrono twice. Dont go out and buy a brand new cp reg before your second day out, you'll be surprised with the stock reg's performance.
ice6769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #97
rbcintron

great thread. i personally have made my ion a beast that looks beautiful. i get compliments on the field often and have taken out many "higher end" guns w/ my ion. i started with internal (START HERE...i'd rather shoot ropes than look pretty in my opinion). so first thing i got an all american barrell(dead accurate), then got a 360 qev, followed by tech L7 bolt, kila magnetic detents, cp regulator, ans extreme drop-forward, and then worked on cosmetics. but i cant stress enough the importance of doing ur internals before worrying about the stuff outside. only important stuff on outside are the asa (which sucks) and feedneck.
rbcintron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #98
SPRAYonPAINT
owner of the NTPBL™

thanx

this wha helpful thanks..
SPRAYonPAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #99
Timbertech

I don't think you should do any upgrades to the Ion, save your money for a back up marker as you will shurly need it!!! First off if you dont break the power switch jamming your fingernail into the power sticker (not button), any bit of humidity will shurly short out your board. Thats if you dont take it back before ever firing a shot because you think it's broken due to the batery provided from "smart" parts. ALL of the stock components are cheap! By the time your done upgrading them you could of got an EGO. Get a Spyder if you want a cheap fast gun. Get the ego and dont do anything to the stock version if you want a quality gun. Sell your Ion before you get in to deep in "up grades". You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
Timbertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #100
iliveforthis99
Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbertech View Post
I don't think you should do any upgrades to the Ion, save your money for a back up marker as you will shurly need it!!! First off if you dont break the power switch jamming your fingernail into the power sticker (not button), Ok i know the stock power button/sticker is tough but i honestly never had an issue with it. If you want something that's easier to turn get a Virtue EZ on. $10 and so called problem is fixed. any bit of humidity will shurly short out your board. Yeah that's highly unlikely there. I've never even heard of that happening to an Ion or any gun for that matter. Thats if you dont take it back before ever firing a shot because you think it's broken due to the batery provided from "smart" parts. The battery it comes with is fine, only issue i've ever heard about it is it's short life. ALL of the stock components are cheap! Not even close to being true. The trigger is about the only "cheap" thing on the gun. Just a FYI the Ion was made to be affordable and not built to the quality of a high-end. By the time your done upgrading them you could of got an EGO. New no, used yes.Get a Spyder if you want a cheap fast gun. Buy a used high-end actually and get a better gun altogether. Get the ego and dont do anything to the stock version if you want a quality gun. If you're looking at the Ion there's probably no way someone could afford an Ego even used. If so there's better guns out there. Sell your Ion before you get in to deep in "up grades". To a point i agree here. The Ion is a decent mid-end and with a few basic upgrades they can be better. Still though these days it's not wise to dump a lot of money into the Ion or any low/mid-end gun. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.