pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

Tippmann Problem Guide

Im Writing This In Hopes Of Cutting Down On The Numerous "My Marker Is Broke, Whats Wrong?" Threads. Hopefully We Can Get This Sticked, And Then When Someone Has A Problem, They Can Check This Thread First, And See If They Can Fix Their Problem Based On The Info Found Here. I Gathered This Info Based On The Questions Asked Previously On Here, The Stickies, Other Websites, And My Own Personal Experience. Props To Captain Morgan And ..!..('_')..!.. For Helping Me With This!

Universal Tippmann Answers (Answers For Most Newer Tippmanns)-

Q-Why Does My Marker Keep Coming Uncocked When I Fire It?
A-Ball Detent Could Be In Backwards, Causing The Front Bolt To Not Function Properly.
A-Is Your Tank Empty? No Air, No Shooting.
A-Oil Your Bolts, Make Sure They Are Working Good.
A-Hammer is oiled to much causing the hammer to slip
A-A damaged hammer or the hammer is getting caught on something and not completing a full cycle (damage to the inside of your gun's tube).
A-Your Buffer O-ring got damaged and part of it is getting hung on the hammer.

Q-My Marker Is Double, Triple Or Full Auto Firing, Whats Wrong?
A-Check Your Ball Detent, Make Sure Its Properly Inserted, Point Facing To The Barrel
A-Check Your Sear And Hammer/Rear Bolt, If The Sear Is Not Catching The Rear Bolt, It Might Need To Be Replaced.

Q-Why Wont My Velocity Go Up More Than 240 Or 250?
A-Check The Velocity Screw On The Left Side Of Your Marker, Fiddle With It Some.
A-Make Sure Your Drive Spring Is Healthy Looking And Not Cracked, Rusted, Or Warped.
A-Is Your Tank Filled Up? If Not, It Might Not Have Enough Juice To Shoot Far/Hard.

Q-Why Do I Hear A Hissing Noise When I Screw My Tank In?
A-Be Sure That Your Tank O-Rings Are In Perfect Condition, No Cracked, Broken, Or Loose Fitting O-Rings!
A-Your Hose Might Not Be Screwed In To Your Gun Tightly. Take It Off, Put Some Locktite On It, And Screw It Back Tight.

Q-I Push My Hopper Latch Down, And It Doesnt Pop Back Up, Whats Wrong?
A-The Spring That Goes Under The Latch Is Either Not There Or Its Not In Right, Check It And Make Sure Its Fine.

Q-My Hopper Is Rattling When I Run With My Marker, Can I Fix It?
A-One Way To Fix It Is To Put A Rubber Band Around The Hopper Neck. But Not To Where It Interferes With Loading.
A-Try Putting A Strip Of Cloth Around The Edge Of The Hopper Latch, But Not To Where It Interferes With Loading.
A- Put Velcro Around The Edge Of The Hopper, But Not To Where It Interferes With Loading.

Q-Why Does My Marker Break So Many Balls?
A-Are You Using Old Or Brittle Paint? If So, Its Not Your Marker, Just Get Some New Balls!
A-Are You Outshooting Your Hopper? If So, Its Not You Marker, Just Get A Faster Hopper!
A-Are You Using Very Large Bore Paint With A Small Bore Barrel? You Need To Have A Good Paint To Bore Match.

Q-I've Lost A Part On My Marker, What Do I Do?
A-First Thing, Call Tippmann, They Have Very Good Customer Service And Should Be Able To Get You A New Part.
A-If It's A Trigger Spring, Or A Sear Spring, You Can Make New Ones By Using The One Is Mech. Pencils.
A-Is Its A Trigger Pin, Or Almost Any Kind of Pin, You Can Make Your Own From Thick Hangers.

Q-Why Are Balls Rolling Down My Barrel?
A-Check Your Ball Detent And Make Sure Its In, And Installed Correctly. Remember- Point Goes To The Barrel!!
A-Your Loader May Be Loading To Fast, And The Detent Isn't Catching The Balls. Set Your Hopper Slower, Or Don't Shoot As Fast.
A-Your Balls Are Too Small For Your Barrel, Get A Smaller Barrel, Or Bigger Balls

Q-Why Is My Tippmann So Inaccurate?
A-The Best Option Is To Get A Better Barrel, If You Already Have A Good One, Look Below.
A-Your Paint To Barrel Match Isnt Good, Your Balls Should Be Abel To Sit In The Barrel, But Go Out When You Blow In The Barrel.
A-Your Balls Could Be Dimpled, Egg Shaped, Or Misfigured, Maybe Try A New Paint Brand If This Is Common To You.
A-You have a inconsistent gas source (Unregulated CO2) that affects your shot to shot accuracy (Velocity consistency = Accuracy consistency)

Q-Why Is My Tippmann's Velocity Inconsistent?
A-The Best Thing To Do Is Get HPA, Its The Most Consistent Gas For Powering Guns.
A-If Your Using Co2 And Its Cold Outside, The Co2 Isn't Going To Be Consistent, Try A Warm Tank.
A-Your CO2 is not regulated and anti-syphoned... it is the second best thing to do for consistency next to getting HPA

Q-My Buffer O-Ring Behind My Rear Bolt Is Loose, Is This Safe?
A-Yes, Almost All Tippmanns Have This Problem, Theres Not Much You Can Do To Help It Though.

Q-I Have A Double Trigger, But Its Hard To Walk My Tippmann, Why?
A-Unless You Have An E-Grip, It Will Be Extremely Hard To Do, You Must Be Very Skilled.
A-Tippmanns Trigger Pulls Are Very Long And Hard, Try Doing Some Spring Mods To Your Trigger.

Q-My Marker Seems To Be Leaking Air On The Inside, Whats Wrong?
A-Most Likely One Of Your O-Rings Is Broke, Check Them All And Replace If Needed, Also, Be Sure To Oil Them.

Q-When I took out my drive assembly, a o-ring and metal disk (washer) came loose in my power-tube. How do I fix it?
A-Put the metal washer in first, tilt the power-tube so the washer is laying perfectly flat on the thicker side of the power-tube. Then take something small and flat object that can fir in there and press the o-ring on-top of the washer until it is snug.

Q-People say to oil your gun's valve every now and then to keep it in shape. How do I do that?
A-Take off your barrel, drop some oil into your ASA (where that little metal point is right in the center of it within the ASA), gas up your gun and fire 5 to 10 shots and presto... your valve is oiled.

Q-How Come My Velocity Jumps Above Field Limits Even Though It Was Fine At The Chrono?
A-Other then you using a inconsistant gas source (which you probably are to experince jumps like that), the problem is the velocity screw moves around when air passes by turning it a little. Put some teflon tape (tightly wraped) around your velocity screw and screw it back in. This helps hold it in place.

Q-Why will my drive assembly on my Tippmann A-5 (front bolt, power tube, rear bolt, and linking arm) not come out when I take off the rear end cap?
A-You have not pulled the cocking nob all the way back with the gun tilted downwards
A-Your velocity screw is not all the way in .
A-You have no removed the trigger grip and the hammer is getting stuck on the sear.
A-You have not removed the VA (vertical adaptor) from the gun yet.
A-Your guide rail (the rail where the linking arm goes into) is not polished and there is a lot of friction
(for people with new A-5s)

Q-After I reassembled my A-5, cocked it and fired it, it doesn't seem as powerful as it did before. What did I do?
A-Simple my friend, you switched the drive spring with the cocking spring. Just switch them and things should be fine.

Q-How often should I open up my gun and oil it?
A-It should be opened up and oiled every 5 recreational games (not much shooting) or so (thats what I find in my experince)

Q-My Tippmann 98 ACT seems to get balls jammed right at the start of the breach. Whats up with that?
A-The linking arm between the rear bolt (hammer) and front bolt is not fully conected and act is giving you problems with that (had it happen on a friends gun... not exactly sure but that is what fixed it)

Q-My marker comes uncocked every now and then when firing. Why?
A-You might be pinching paintballs (getting a paintball jammed in the breech causing the gun to uncock)
A-Your gun maybe firing to fast and it does not stay cocked . Your probably firing to fast on your (most likely) e-grip or (not so likely unless superizied) R/t.

Q-My velocity is way to low... balls are litteraly only going 20 feet or less. Is it my gun?
A-Your velocity screw maybe missing.
A-Something is lodged in your powertube blocking airflow.

This Is All That I Have Compiled So Far, If Anyone Has Something To Add Please Pm A Mod Or Me And We Can Add It. Hopefully This Will Help People And Their Tippmann Problems, This Is My First Thread Like This, So Tell Me What You Think, Later I Will Add More Pics Of The Guns, And Label The Parts, So Everyone Knows What I'm Talking About And What The Marker Should Look Like,The First Picture Below Is Of The Gun Opened And The Parts Labeled, And The Second Picture Is How The Ball Detent Should Be Inserted, Most Of The Questions I Read On Here On The Forum Involves The Ball Detent Being In Backwards, So Check Out This Picture And Make Sure Yours Is In Correctly, The Third Picture Is Of An A-5(A Very Nice One Might I Add, ) Opened Up,Thank You All!
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..!..('_')..!..
I said the same thing in the Tippmann Forum and I got Slapped with a Ban Threat....

Last edited by OrangeBatman : 07-17-2006 at 11:35 AM.
OrangeBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

Upgrades Problems/Questions

R/T Questions

Q-I Installed An R/T On My Tippmann, But I Cant Shoot More Than A Few Shots At A Time, Can You Help?
A-Most New R/T's Have To Be Broken In, So Play With It Some, And It Will Come To You
A-If You Have Never Used An R/T, You Need To Practice Alot Before It Will Come To You, Practice!!

Q-I've Heard That The R/T Might Not Work With A Double Trigger, Is This True?
A-The R/T Will Work With The GTA Double Trigger, But I Can't Promise You Any Other Triggers, Some Work, Some Donít

Q-My r/t isn't working properly/is leaking air. What is wrong?
A-You have the r/t's rof set to high to sweet-spot it. Turn the flow control screw in all the way and back your way out until it works to the best of your skill.
A-Check your lines, they maybe cut or slashed.
A-Check your o-rings. R/ts are infamous for chewing o-rings up.
A-Maybe something blocking up your lines or fittings (metal debre, oil).
A-Something is not installed right.

Q-Something must be blocking my r/t's airflow. How do I fix it?
A-Remove your r/t from your gun (the fittings, lines etc), submerge it in water and blow the water out. If that doesn't work take your ENTIRE r/t apart and locate the debre and remove it.

E-Grip/Bolt Questions

Q-My Tippmann Has An E-Trigger, And Its Not Firing When I Shoot, Whats Wrong?
A-Your Battery Might Be Dead, Or Disconnected. If So, Replace Or Reconnect It.
A-The Firing Mode May Be Set To "Off", Set To Different Mode, And Try.
A-The Internal Wires May Be Disconnected, Check The Wires.

Q-Why Do the hoses on my Noid always blow off when I air it up.
A-Turn your LPR Down the whole way, and then Gradually turn it up.
A-Hoses may of stretched due to co2 use/Long time use... Get Autococker/Ion Hosing and replace it...

Q-When I air Up my E-Bolt, I hear a Hissing Sound, what is this due to?
A-The LPR is set too high... Turn it down until you dont hear it anymore.

Q-My Ebolted Tippmann wont come apart, why?
A-Make sure you take the Battery cover off
A-Make sure that the battery harness and On/Off switch are slid through the Bolt hole, or else they will rip off.
A-Make sure your velocity screw is in and ASA is off.

Q-The E-Valve wont come out of the receiver halves. Why?
A-Sometimes it gets stuck. Put a screw driver in a sock and pry it out.

Q-My Ebolt isnt firing at a good velocity. What can I do?
A-Make sure the Velocity screw is Out
A-Turn your LPR up until you hear a hissing sound, then turn it down till it stops.
A-Adjust the Dwell. That can be done by turning the Square boxes right above the Lower Noid Barb.
Q-My e-grip is not always firing. Whats wrong?
A-Your battery is low and needs to be replaced.
A-The trigger maybe not always hitting the solenoid.
A-Some wires are oddly shapped or damaged

Q-When I fire my E-Tippmann really fast the trigger stops functioning (older e-grip only) or the gun kicks into full auto. How can I fix this?
A-You e-grip is getting to cold and no longer functioning properly. One of the virtues of CO2 at high rates of fire is it gets really cold. Cold + Electronics = No!

Cyclone Questions

Q-My cyclone feed does not always feed or get jammed. What is up with that?
A-Your feeder ratchet is worn from a lot of use and needs to be replaced.
A-Something isn't assembled right within the cyclone feed.
A-The line leading to your cyclone has a leak (slashed, cut etc).
A-You have a leak from one of your banjo fittings (check o-rings)

Q-My cyclone sometimes chops. Why?
A-Your firing to fast. Lower your rof or get a qev for your cyclone.

Q-My cyclone hopper has some wobble in it, what should I do?
A-Tape over that bulge on the hopper where it snaps into the cyclone

Barrel Questions

Q-My Barrel adaptor is always loose and comes out when I unscrew my barrel. How come and how do I fix it?
A-Tighten your front two allen screws more
A-Put some tape on the back of the barrel adaptor or clear coat the end of it (where the grooves are... make sure you don't get it on the barrel adaptor)

Q-My stock barrel is inacurate and I can not afford a new barrel. Is there anyway to fix this?
A-Yes, if you MUST. You can polish the inside of your barrel but it is not promise that your barrel will shoot wonders... probably only slightly better (there are various ways to do it though... so I'm uncertain how to do it)

R/T And E-grip Questions

Q-I've Heard The Cyclone And R/T Use Air, Should This Make Me Rethink Getting Them?
A-The Use The Air Thats Left Over After Firing, So You Will Only Get About 50 Shots Less With Them Installed.

Q-How Do I Get My R/T And My Cyclone To Work Together?
A-You Need To Buy A Kit To Make Them Work Together, Found On www.tippmannparts.com, Its $20, Tippmann Used To Give Them Away But Not Any More, This Also Comes With Bigger Hoses For Your Gun.

Other Upgrade Questions

Q-My stock is wobbly on my gun, how can I fix this?
A-You can 1) buy a new stock or 2)painfully stretch a o-ring over one or both of the (for A-5ers) end cap prongs (this is outside of custom milling/modding)

Q-My JCS Dual Trigger is not working on my E-griped A-5. How come?
A-Your trigger spring needs to be strong enough to resist the solenoid, if not the trigger will not work. Put back your stock trigger spring.

Q-Are There Any Ways Besides An Egrip And R/T To Make My Tippmann Faster?
A-There Are Numerous Home Mods That You Can Do, Such As Trigger Mods, That Will Help
A-There Are Many Other Aftermarket Parts That Will Make The Gun Faster, Hammers, Pro Seals, Triggers, Ext.

The picture below is how the Ebolt should be properly installed, also, parts are labled to help with names.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
I said the same thing in the Tippmann Forum and I got Slapped with a Ban Threat....

Last edited by OrangeBatman : 07-12-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

added, thanks for the help! if anyone else has a suggestion, send it my way!
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

thanks captn, i added your answers to it, i appreciate the help!

and ..!..(' ')..!..- ive never used an ebolt in real life so i dont no much about them, if you will give me an answer to it i would be more than happy to add it!
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:

Last edited by OrangeBatman : 07-08-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ..!..('_')..!..
Do you want us to delete our posts so they are right below each other? I am at least... 5 Star post! Yay...
..!..('_')..!.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

yea, if you dont care, that way they are together, and at the first of both parts i gave yall props,so they knew who was helpin me, thanks again!
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

Yea. All my interfering ones are gone...
Old 07-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #8
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

added, thanks!
EDIT-also, if we can get the 2 big posts together, i will also have the next 2 posts, so i can edit them if it just keeps getting bigger, leaving us massive room to grow
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:

Last edited by OrangeBatman : 07-07-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

i was thinking about doing that, ill try it tonight if i get enough time, i think im going to take some pics of my custom pro and show how the cyclone and r/t should be installed.
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #10
TheSpy11
I see you...

Great list, but you please remove the caps on every word? It's really hard to read.

Good job besides.
9/11, OK City, 7/7, and more - attacks on freedom
from our own government
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #11
20 yr old Faust
Scenario Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan
Perhaps we should consider breaking this down into sections such as:
Answers For The Tippmann A-5
Answers For The Tippmann 98 (and all it's varaitions)
Universal Answers (Ball detent, R/t questions)
Answers For E-bolted Tippmanns (Teh Face's Answers...)
Answers For All The Other Tippmanns (Pro Carbine etc)
Do it, good work as well dudes.
20 yr old Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

tonight im going to break it up into sections, and uncapitalise most of it, just for you guys
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

sounds good to me, helps always welcome.
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

We need Iron to tell us about the BT series... Seems like hes the only one...
Old 07-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

thanks ill add them, and ill send ironcorps a pm, and if you could get my the pics i could put the arrows and all that on it, and stick her up!
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #16
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

i think people can get the idea with pics, lol, i saw the tippmann problem guide right below the ot, and saw that it was stickied, so i got exited only to see it was the picture thread
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #17
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

ok its divided into 2 sections now, i would have made it into a5 and 98 questions, but there wasnt much in either one, because most are universal, so i just put them all into one part, like it better?
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #18
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

Teh Awesome!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
..!..('_')..!..
Banned

Nice. Your lucky that you didnt get any of that paint in the Internals... So close.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #20
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

added the a5, im surprised at how close of internals the 98 and a5 have
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote: