pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 07-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
E-baum
Gladiator

Send a message via Yahoo to E-baum
A-5 w/ Stabilizer/Regulator, very unstable, what can be done?

Ok....so I traded in my old 98 and got this brand new Limited Edition A-5, with a Flatline, Response Trigger which I thought was going to be kick ***. And I put an after market aluminum powertube in it....and it seemed to shoot just fine. Then all of a sudden I go to chrono and it is just spiking all over the place. So I got a Palmer Stabilizer A-5 Kit, which should have done the trick. I am shooting HPA not CO2. I have put well over 2000 rounds through it and that is what the directions say is the "break-in" period. So now I have this A-5 with good mods, that should be able to reach out and touch you, but I still can get a consistant velocity and I cant even get it up past 255. I tried the spring, went through the whole marker looking for bad rings or anything I could think of.....I have backed the stock velocity screw out to where it is only 2 turns in (like i was told to do).....And still I get no love from my A-5
E-baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

You have a few possibilities on what is wrong:

1) Drive spring is switched with the cocking spring... switch em back
2) You have a small leak or series of small leaks from your fittings and/or within the gun.
3) Something could be funky with that new power tube of yours (switch it with the old one, see how you do then)
4) Your flatline is not installed properly
5) Your reg may have a defect
6) Your tank maybe screwed to far into the ASA (if it is screwed in to tight it limits air flow)

My advice, do a water test, teflon tape ALL your fittings and make sure they are tight, switch that new power tube with the old one, crank your reg and try a new tank or the gun without your reg with a new tank.
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average "weekend warrior" with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball to not be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or You may not have one oneday.
Cpt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote