pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #141
ionuser_cameron
hawaiian pride

wow... hope u guys get better asap. my grandma just got over breast cancer. she had the same attitude u guys did. hope u get better.

Savoy
Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 PM   #142
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
what up flamethrower? I'm anxious for another update whenever you have time to post one. I hope your recovery is still progressing well and the steroids are all gone now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #143
alpha20
The Official Gun Whore

Send a message via AIM to alpha20
I've been reading this since the beginning and have been yet to comment in fear of sounding cliche`. I truly mean that you are an inspiration to me, the fact that you maintain a sense of wit in the face of such dire circumstances.

I don't know if you're much in the way of spiritual things, but I heard somewhere that God tests those whom he loves most.

Congratulations on your recovery.

Feedback (+14/-0):
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1411189
alpha20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #144
paintballfolyfe
PAINTBALL OWNS

Send a message via AIM to paintballfolyfe
^^^^

Yeah same here i've be reading your progress and you amaze me, you truley inspire me that you never gave up and never will... I will continue to stop by and read how you are doing, your in my prayers! GOD BLESS

"Give them Nothing, take from them EVERYTHING"
paintballfolyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #145
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Thanks guys for all of the kind comments. I could not do this without the support from all of you. You guys and gals make this much easier for me to handle.

Day 125

Well, things are sort of at an even keel right now. I have been going for my treatment at the hospital twice a week. They have reduced my steroids down to 30mg a day, but they have kept it there for the last couple of weeks. They say it can take some time for the steroids to level off and they want to see how I am going to react to the change. I do certainly feel much better being on a lower dose of the roids. My blood sugar is coming back in line, so I don't have to check it as often. Weeee. My wife started making me more treats like puppy chow and Rice Crispie squares. I guess as sort of a reward. All I know is they are good.
The nurse that runs the photopheresis lab seems to think that I will be getting these treatments for good while. Maybe 6 month or more. I guess the GVHD is not reacting as quickly as they would like. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse, so that is a good thing. My blood counts all seem to be pretty stable at this point as well. So I will keep chugging along like I always have.

A strange thing is happening now. I have always had trouble growing facial hair. Not that I didn't have any, it just was not even. Kind of like the patchy redneck type hair. Now for some reason I am growing hair like you wouldn't believe. I am starting to look like sasquach. The hair on my head is growing in a lot different that it did before. It is thinner, softer, and more gray. Well my wife likes the gray anyway.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and ate lots of turkey or ham, or whatever it is that you eat on the holiday. I know if I eat any more turkey I am going to turn into one. hehe. I have been eating leftovers every meal since Thursday. They are almost gone now, thankfully.

I had thought I got my computer problems solved a couple of weeks ago. I know it had something to do with the video card, but all of the suspected problems that came along with that perticular error were numerous. After researching the problem online, it was narrowed (I use this term loosly here) down to bad or under powered PSU, bad memory modules, GPU core overheating, memory loop error, and/or a bad driver set. Real narrow. A friend, and a good one at that got me a bigger PSU and a bought me a liquid cooling unit for the video card. Put it all in, and well the GPU runs almost 15c cooler but still have the problem. Tried the memory loop patch, that didn't work. Then I had seen Nvidea came out with a new driver set finally. I use driver cleaner pro then installed the new drivers, and voila no problem. Or so I thought. It ran great for weeks then just the other day I got the BSOD. Maybe it is just an isolated incident. How I would love to build a new gaming rig. Core duo, or even quad core, dual vids, 3gb sata in raid....................Well no money for any of that. Not for a while anyway, maybe once I start working again.

Well thanks guys for listening to me ramble away again. It's time for some breakfast. No not turkey this time.

A pearl of wisdom.
Never eat on an empty stomach.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Flame
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #146
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

Nice to here from you...So, are your family videos going to be grainy and blurrry mr Sasquatch????
Seriously though, its good to know thing are doin better
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
fake ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #147
evilhomer

Send a message via AIM to evilhomer
Good luck dude!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #148
lotus_esprit5

Quote:
Never eat on an empty stomach.
hehe thats one of my mottos.

glad to hear you're still making progress. get your wife to send us treats!

with the hair thing, I've heard quite a bit about that. I know quite a few ppl who've gone through chemo and their hair grew in a bit different afterwards, apparently in some cases it can be a very big change from what it originally was.

and I'm sorry flame, but the gray hair means you finally have to grow up. no more computer games for you!
Quote:

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 11-29-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #149
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_esprit5 View Post
and I'm sorry flame, but the gray hair means you finally have to grow up. no more computer games for you!
Never! I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." -Kahlil Gibran "Voice of a Poet"
Old 11-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #150
lotus_esprit5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
Never! I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid
lmfao
Quote:
Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 PM   #151
pb456
NOT ******

Send a message via AIM to pb456
WOW I hope everything works out man!
pb456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #152
lotus_esprit5

early merry christmas flamethrower!
Quote:

Last edited by lotus_esprit5 : 12-24-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #153
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

Merry christmas flame
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
fake ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:00 AM   #155
^_^
str8kila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codestar20 View Post
Flame, you amaze me. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

-
2k5 Alias Intimidator-

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #156
hellhound2000

You dont know me but Merry Christmas!
hellhound2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #157
gruntbull

You dont know me, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Keep on fighting!
gruntbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #158
f2f4

Flame, have a happy new year! And as you say, never give up.
f2f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #159
sand_man
I'm thinking Arby's

Wow. Just got around to finally reading this thread, and let me tell you. You have a heck of a lot of friends, albeit ones you have never seen. I have been in the hospital like you when I was very young, E coli bout killed me at birth, and severe pnemonia when I was 3. You are an insperation to everyone with any life threatening disease. The attitude of looking death in the face and saying(to quote simpsons) "Hell no I won't go!" is about the best thing for you to do. Glad you made it through. You can bet I'll be thanking God for this one. He's with ya man, and he ain't done with ya yet.

.Future Pump Nub.
sand_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:04 AM   #160
Flamethrower
Recoil Junkie /1*\

Day 191

Well Sorry I have not posted in a while. It's been kind of a roller coaster of events going on around here. So first off, I want to say Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all. A little late seeing that is the first of February.

All is well. I am once again sitting in the hospital for my weekly treatment. The treatment is going well and the docs were lowering my roids to get me off of them. I was almost off of them when I had a little bit of GVHD flair up. So, they increased my roids a little. Just a little though and it seems to be working. My counts have all been good, and I seem to have avoided this major upper resiratory infection that most of the other transplant patients seem to have gotten. So, WOOT! I have also gotten some of my strength back. I had stopped working out because my docs were concerned that I might tear a muscle. So I hope now I can start that back up.

In other news......
The engine in my wifes car decided to self destruct a few weeks ago. What a treat that was. More money that we don't have. Well we took the cheapest route we could and we put in a used motor and trans in it. It took us 2 full days but we got it done. We had the help of a nice warm shop and a fork lift as well. On the plus side the car gets better milage that it did before. The old engine/trans had 165,000 miles and the new/used had 68,000. Hopefully it will now last another 2 years at least.

Well enough about my troubles. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year. I hope everyone got what they wanted, and were fortunate enough to experience the happiness of giving gifts themselves.

Untill next time.

Have a great weekend guys and gals.

Flame