pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Eclipse

Old 05-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
BobbyDigital123

Cure 3 Bolt

I couldnt find a review of this bolt and hopefully I didnt miss a thread about this. My stock bolt on my Etek2 has been giving me "chopping" problems. Does anyone know if the cure 3 works with the stock pin on an Etek2 without any major issues? Just wanted to make sure. I know they're minor changes from the cure 2, but i guess im compulsive and wanted to give the cure 3 a try. If there's a lot of uncertainty, then I'll just get the cure 2.

Last edited by BobbyDigital123 : 05-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.
BobbyDigital123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Uziel Gal
Legend

Yes, the Cure3 will work with your stock Etek2 bolt pin.

There are only relatively small differences between the Cure2 and Cure3 bolt, but there are differnces.

Part of the Cure concept is to "scoop" the second ball in the ball stack up and away from the tip of the bolt so that the tip of the bolt doesn't clip and crack that ball. The ball is then pushed back up the feed neck.

The Cure3 bolt has a groove on the top of the bolt that the second ball can sit on, so the ball is scooped up as normal, but is no longer pushed all the way back up in to the feedneck. Instead, it gets pushed up most of the way, and then sits in the groove on top of the bolt.

By reducing the amount the ball is pushed up, some pressure is taken off of the ball stack, so the ball is less likely to get crushed in the stack.

If you are replacing the stock bolt, not replacing a Cure or Cure2, then you may as well skip over those and go straight to the Cure3 - for one thing, it has that improvement to it described above, and for another, it's cheaper than the Cure2 due to it not coming with a bolt pin, whereas the Cure2 does.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
BobbyDigital123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Yes, the Cure3 will work with your stock Etek2 bolt pin.

There are only relatively small differences between the Cure2 and Cure3 bolt, but there are differnces.

Part of the Cure concept is to "scoop" the second ball in the ball stack up and away from the tip of the bolt so that the tip of the bolt doesn't clip and crack that ball. The ball is then pushed back up the feed neck.

The Cure3 bolt has a groove on the top of the bolt that the second ball can sit on, so the ball is scooped up as normal, but is no longer pushed all the way back up in to the feedneck. Instead, it gets pushed up most of the way, and then sits in the groove on top of the bolt.

By reducing the amount the ball is pushed up, some pressure is taken off of the ball stack, so the ball is less likely to get crushed in the stack.

If you are replacing the stock bolt, not replacing a Cure or Cure2, then you may as well skip over those and go straight to the Cure3 - for one thing, it has that improvement to it described above, and for another, it's cheaper than the Cure2 due to it not coming with a bolt pin, whereas the Cure2 does.
Nice. Thanks Mr. Uziel.
BobbyDigital123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
Uziel Gal
Legend

No problem at all - glad to help.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
nick947

etek2 stock bolt

I have an etek2 and a stock bolt atm and I rarely chop. I've shot all kinds of paint, from damaged white-box to formula 13. I'd say experiment with higher dwell possibly and play with your lpr. My cure3 comes tomorrow but I got it to prevent chops rather then fix a problem.
nick947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quite often, if you are regularly breaking paint, and it isn't down to having paint that you know is absolute rubbish, then it may mean that the loader is feeding too fast or with too much tension. If the loader is adjustable, reducing the speed and/or ball stack tension (obviously, this assumes the use of a full force feed loader) can assist in preventing breakages.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: