pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 09-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
NoCowsEver
the pretender

Send a message via AIM to NoCowsEver
Question A-5 E-Grip questions...

1. Can a R/T and E-Grip be easily replaced with each other (say one day I want to play speed, next day I want to play rec?)

2. Is, in your opinion, an E-Grip effective enough (to peform well) in a game with all high ends?

3. In your opinion, should I even get the E-Grip, or just wait until around Christmas and get 200-600$ (to get an electro with)?

4. How many BPS do you think an A-5 (with E-Grip and aftermarket double trigger) would be able to reach? I can walk around 14 steadily.

Thanks in advanced.

6'2, 156 lbs of canned run through

i play snake and mid
NoCowsEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
pbmike1888

1. the e grip can be used either way. if u choose not to turn it on the marker will shoot semi auto. ive never used the r/t but i assume it would be a pain to take out over and over because its connected to the air sorce indirectly. it uses the extra co2 to help it, so theres gotts be a hose somewhere.

2. yes. the egrip can hang in there with higher end guns. you wont be shooting 30 bps, maybe 15-17 tops with the right mods. if your using co2 then no. you cant shoot alot that fast with co2.

3. thats up to you. if you get a good electro it will be less durable when you play woods. and faster rate of fire can lead to using much more ammo than you actually need for woods. but its your call.

4. depends on your mods. my 98 custom with stock internals(except the egrip) shoots 12-13 bps. the a-5 im pretty sure can squeeze a few more bps out of it. with the right lighter weight internals maybe you could probly hit 15 or 16. only on HPA. co2 will be bad news shooting that much.

BEST OFFER TILL I FIGURE OUT A PRICE.lol
pbmike1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
TheSpy11
I see you...

1. They can be swapped between days, but it's not something you would want to do constantly. Also the e-grip does everything the RT does and then some, so the RT is pointless if you have an e-grip.

2. Speed-wise, yes, but otherwise not so much. A Tippmann with e-grip just isn't as good overall as electro-pneumatics. A good player will make up for much of the deficit, but you will still be at a disadvantage.

3. Do you have the RT? If so, don't buy the e-grip and wait. It's well worth it in the long run.

4. In semi is depends on your fingers. Expect about 15bps. QEVing your Cyclone will bump the speed up to about 20 if you use ramping or equivalent modes.
9/11, OK City, 7/7, and more - attacks on freedom
from our own government
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
slingshot66

Hi
I don't play speedball but have been told tippmanns are big for that.
I'd keep the tippmann with the rt for rec or woodsball. Change to an e grip if you like. Big improvement.

My buddy plays speedball. He has tons of markers. Angels ect. He seems to like his ION.

For any fast firing you got to go hpa. Maybe for rec and woods. A exspantion camber and remote for co2 it works well for my son.

And tippmanns will do 25 bps with the right gear.
slingshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
dukedude4evr
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dukedude4evr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCowsEver View Post
1. Can a R/T and E-Grip be easily replaced with each other (say one day I want to play speed, next day I want to play rec?)Hmmm, don't change, egrip is good enough (get APE Rampage)

2. Is, in your opinion, an E-Grip effective enough (to peform well) in a game with all high ends? YES! Get a vortex mod and a qev though

3. In your opinion, should I even get the E-Grip, or just wait until around Christmas and get 200-600$ (to get an electro with)? ummm buy the egrip!

4. How many BPS do you think an A-5 (with E-Grip and aftermarket double trigger) would be able to reach? I can walk around 14 steadily. U COULD reach 25, with an APE Rampage

Thanks in advanced.
UR so WeLcOmE

Last edited by dukedude4evr : 09-29-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: mess ups
dukedude4evr is offline   Reply With Quote