pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > ACI

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
Shmoo

Does ACI stand a chance.....

HOw can ACI excpect to to well. For the same price of their guns you can get much better spyders. No ACI gun comes with double triggers and there rate of fire is absolute crap. I own a f4 illustrator tp and spent a ton upgrading it and then realized what a waste it was. I can get 5 bps for a gun I spnt 300 on. Now I own a Black dragun piE2 . This is way better. Dont get an ACI gun- you will have no chance- buy a spyder
Old 02-15-2002, 05:40 AM   #2
Maus

Hey, hey. I'll bite.

Spent a ton? How? There's a total of one internals upgrade. What did you buy?

Functionally the Spyder and the F4 are identical. I'm sorry that you can't handle the 2 pound trigger pull, but the F4 cycles faster than 5bps. Then again, you don't buy an F4 for the firing rate.

Why buy a cheap spyder clone with an electro frame if you dump a lot of paint in a game? Someone who spends that much on paint would be much better served with a more consistent and feature-laden electro.

I've seen one Black Dragun, and as a player I wouldn't be comfortable playing with a frail trigger that doesn't seem like it would take a good impact or a dip in the creek. Why is its regulator before the expansion chamber?

Last edited by Maus : 02-15-2002 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #3
MeGotzGriffin

Angry WTF

Ohhhhhhhh dont you start with me!!!

How I hate it when some punk comes in and trashes the ACI company...face it ACI has a much better reputation for their gun making processes...ACI manufactures their guns in the US of A!!! woo wooo...and Kingman??? where??? Japan??? wtf just because they are made in the US your guarenteed that your gun is worthy of the All American Homeboy (me and all of you other American patriots out there)

ACI 1 Kingman 0

also ACI has a ton of reliability i can depend on my Griffin whenever i need the shot...ok ok maybe they arent as tough as Tippmans but hey what are as tough? I've seen plenty of spyders and believe me i just plain dont like them...too many plastic parts...and when you have sooooo many aftermarket part replacements that usually means that the gun breaks a lot...and people have to buy more parts

ACI 2 Kingman 0

DUH!!! you can buy totally kick ***** Illustrators and Griffins with tons of reliable upgrades already on them!!! and you know what you can rely on them!!! because...ACI believes that when customers buy their gun that they will be totally happy with it and 110% satisfyed with their purchase...guess what??? All of us ACI Lovers out there are 110% satisfyed....

ACI 3 Kingman 0

The bottomline is ACI cares for their customers...true true Kingman does sell more of their products but its because they are a common name...thats why I chose ACI because i knew when I finally held my gun I'd have a rugged, dependable, trustworthy gun in my hands and Air Concepts Industries has fully proved to me that they can build a great gun...
Old 02-15-2002, 06:18 PM   #4
Shmoo

I can tell you- I own an ACI gun and I am not 110% satisfied. These guns are a bottemless pit of money wasting (that didnt make sense).You need to upgrade them to stand a chance and then you are left with a 300 dollar piece of crap that fires 5 bps, chops paint ( mine chooped like crazy- anyone else have that problem on the f4 tp). If I would have spent 300 doallers on anythin else....

TodaY I got my black dragun piE2. Good Lord. 220. Regulator (albiet a crappy one), verticle feed. Exspansion chamber. VERY FAST. LCD screen shot counter, game clock.. ect. FAST AS HELL. I mean compared to the F4 it was amazing. I was shotting 12bps.

ACI is a good company- but their products are infior. God bless.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #5
MeGotzGriffin

Angry well...

good for you...you spent 300 dollars on your Black Dragun Kingman may have new fancy hundred dollar contraption guns but for your money ACI gets your probably some of the most top of the line guns for your money

Model of The Griffin TP totally stock
standard semi gun lets say around = $90
ACI H.V.C.= $15
Standard Bottomline= $20
Gas Thru Grip= $20
External Velocity adjuster= $10
Plus FREE 1 year warrentee...ACI gives you free most other companies...$20

Ok total that all up...$175 dollars...I got my Griffin TP for $130...$45 dollars...whooppeeee...but wait...that was enough for my Terminator...whos got the better deal???
Old 02-16-2002, 12:30 AM   #6
Shmoo

What are you talking about-- most for my buck? What a load of crap. I spent 330 on my F4. That includes mask, 20oz co2, new barrel, exspansion chamber, drop foward and venturibolt. I spent 400 for my black dragun including a new mask, smart pats stainless barrel, nistro tank, drop foward and 12volt hopper. The two are not even comparable. Not by a LONG SHOT. The difference is amzing. So dont give me this garbage about ACI getting you more for your buck. That is just plain wrong.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:04 AM   #7
PBfreak01
'01 of Death

Send a message via AIM to PBfreak01
Well I fell sorry for you, jack. Because my F4 chops a hell of a lot less then a shutter, and I have nothing special on it. Why did you buy an F4 for ROF? Idiot. Don't complain to us about YOUR misfortune. If you don't like ACI, why didn't you return the F4 at the first sight of trouble.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:15 PM   #8
Shmoo

I should have returned it. I dont know why I didnt. Anyways my point is that ACI can not survive if they continue to produce guns like the f4. They chop and their rof is horrible. What benifits does the f4 give you? It is durhable- sure it is. 1 good point. I had to call myslef out of so many games because of chops... ANd then when I was in, I was pinned down by people shotting really fast and when I poped out I could get out 3 -5 shots. The gun is not a competitor. Other guns have the same price and are just plane better. For example, the xtra is much better then the f4, even an upgraded f4. THat is a fact.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:08 AM   #9
MeGotzGriffin

Cool i had PiE for dessert last night...

well considering i was talking about a totally STOCK ACI gun vs. a STOCK Kingman...there's quite a difference when you have a tricked out PiE w/ nitro (and OF COURSE YOUR GONNA GET A BETTER ROF W/ NITRO EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT) and then you have a stock ACI gun and a stock Kingman...I already know plus most other people know that ACI is much better in those terms and most people keep stock on their ACI guns (except for some people w/ barrel upgrades...like me) and their gun still kicks ***

and what about pump guns??? Kingman all they had was a Hammer...and that sold out long time ago ACI still has the Maverick and the Hornet and they still keep going and going and going...

Now dont get me wrong I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST KINGMAN AND SPYDERS...they just dont have a good a deal as ACI guns do...

Face it Kingman just doesnt have that type of quality that ACI has...ill leave you with one last note...chew on this for awhile...Kingman sells some of their guns at Wal-Mart...who else sells their guns at Wal-Mart???? none other than that ********* company that we call Brass Eagle...and look at all the deep SH*t theyre in right now...hmmmm i wonder whats happening to Kingman...
Old 02-17-2002, 06:18 AM   #10
wwhooper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wwhooper Send a message via Yahoo to wwhooper
ACI stands plenty a chance!!!!! Most of the people at my field tried spyders, but like their griffins and F4's better!!!! Their barrels are also da bomb!!!!! Lots of people like their tanks too!!!!
Maybe it's cause I live near one of the main distribution places for the southeast, but ACI makes kick *** products no matter what you people think.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:24 AM   #11
PBfreak01
'01 of Death

You know what? You can kiss my butt, because with that "horrible" rate-of-fire, I took out 5 people in three games, and I might add each game only lasted for maybe 15 minutes. ROF is not everything, it's only everything to people who can't AIM. And maybe, just maybe, if you had read the manual, you probably would have found out what was causing the chopping.
My F4 has not chopped a single ball, they may break down barrel, but they do not chop. If you had spent time trying to remedy your problem, instead of spending time complaining, you might have fixed the problems. Now, GET OUT OF THIS FORUM, we have no room for people who bash companies and complain when nothing works for THEM.
And kudos to those of you who stand up for your beliefs about not just ACI, but other companies as well. I'm not afraid to say that BE makes some half-decent markers and gear.

Last edited by PBfreak01 : 02-17-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #12
MeGotzGriffin

Wink yeah yeah

you've said it all PBFreak...good stuff...
Old 02-17-2002, 03:10 PM   #13
PaintballPimp01

Send a message via AIM to PaintballPimp01 Send a message via Yahoo to PaintballPimp01
That "horrible" rate of fire, Ive found, gives these guns much better chance of NOT breaking balls. So they dont fire quite as fast as a Spyder, who cares. 5 bps can keep your opponent pinned down just as easily as 7 bps. It only takes one ball!

How can ACI survive you ask? The same way it has for years in the past. ACi started out as a background manufacturer, doing contract work for companies such as PMI. A great example of this is the PMI Trracer (not the new, crappy Trracer SA), it is actually an ACI Maverick. ACI only got into the ditributing business when they acquired the rights to the Illustrator and produced the F2 (the F1 was never theirs) and then later F-model Illustrators and now the Griffin. And they are still going strong. Even today they have contracts with PMI and PGI, still producing guns like the Trracer and parts of the Mayhem as well as distributing it.

ACI is more than an up front distributer, they also play the back end of the field at the same time, and they'll be here for quite some time!
Old 02-17-2002, 04:57 PM   #14
Shmoo

Ok- I am sick of this so this will be long,

One off you said stock vs stock, ACI wins, WRONG- the Xtra beats the crap out of the f4 and is only $20 more- or even less.

Ok great, go ACI- they can control the market for pump guns- there a lot of future there.

For those who say ACI is better $ for $- you are incorrect- Kingman is a much larger company and sells more markers at cheaper prices. ( and by the way I am not a diehard Kingman supporter just using an example)

Ok so what- Kingman sells at Wal-Mart- what a dumb statement. First of all half the people who trash Brass Eagle have never used one of their products. They just read reviews which say BE is horrible and then write reviews themselves which say BE is bad and this continues. Also, if you have not noticed, Kingman also sells high-end guns like the Flash and Em1. They sell their newbie guns at Wal-Mart for low prices- who really cares?

And who says ROF is not important- would you rather have a pump or angle considering accuracy is the same- case rested. ROF is important- how can you even dispute this. If ROF means nothing, then why do companies even manufacture fast guns and why do pro teams use them? (yea I know what you will say- “they are manufactured for morons who cant learn to aim”. I am sure that all the pro teams suck and make up for it with high ROF.

And yes, I read the manual- said my hopper is not keeping up with my ROF, so I bought a revy- VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE- now instead of 4 chops a day where I call myself out- it is 3. (the chops are devastating because you cant recock the gun- paintball fragments are caught in between the bolt and chamber and paint is everywhere- and I was using premium paint)

And for those who tell me to get of the forum because I am talking about a bad guns performance- what else is this forum for?! This is the purpose of the forum- to talk about paintball markers- their goods and bads! Jesus! And also- don’t get so personal- I am only expressing an opinion.

Also, someone said that ACI will survive because they have done so in the past- that is a dumb statement. How many companies have done well and then gone down the crapper.

Is it possible I just got a lemon- Who knows because I am not lying about my experience and all of you seem to love the F4.

I don’t know about you but my 330$ F4 is completely substandard when compared to my 400$ PiE2 black Dragun. The F4 is not good buck for buck.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #15
DRKIllustrator
Wiper! No Wiping!!

As far as I'm concerned ACI makes some of the best guns out there. I play mostly outlaw, ROF?? WTF?? Anybody can lay down 15bps with the right equipment. That's why I feel this sport is getting some messed up. Most people are 95% gun and 5% skill.
Shmoo I think you fall into that catorgry. I have absolutly no problem racking up killz with my F4, very few chops, it's 1 of the best guns I've shot, Shmoo you just need to learn how to tune your gun, cuz you see you can't buy everything, like experience.
Grow up or Shut up

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
The only thing worse than having your furniture stolen is having some of it returned.
Quote:
Originally posted by Paint Bulley

no you won't and everyone knows you wrote that just so someone would put you in there sig... that is really really really stupid....
-Team Outlawz-
Old 02-17-2002, 05:11 PM   #16
PBfreak01
'01 of Death

And no, I was refering to the ball retention spring being the cause of your problems. Don't make me sick 'Kat on you...We told you once, we don't want you bashing our company. Now, I'm going to ask you again to please leave this forum.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:13 PM   #17
Shmoo

Ok that was just mean- you meany- stop getting so personal. You cant just shoot 15 bps- you need good equipment, very good. How can you say that ROF is not important- it is, clearly like I said before. Anyways the f4 was not the best gun Ive shott, not by a long shot.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:14 PM   #18
F.O.D.
www.icd-owners.com

you people obviously haven't tryed other guns when I first tryed the f4 I thought it was ok. wwhen I compared it to my double trigger verticle feed venteri bolt 9 bps shooting spyder xtra WITH a drop foward, I thought the f4 was a peice of sh it when I tryed the pi e2 i thought it belongs in the dumpster, when I found out how much my friend(shmmo) spent upgrading it and it still sucked I thought how the he ll is this company in buisness so for all you noobs try other guns and I belive you will throw that peice of garbage where it belongs (in the garbage)
Old 02-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #19
Shmoo

Ok so I should leave- What is the point of this forum. Should we all just sit here and talk about how great ACI is. What if they are not great? I am just telling an expirence. God.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:15 PM   #20
DRKIllustrator
Wiper! No Wiping!!

okay that was a little mean, sorry. But I've never had a problem with the F4 or ACI, but I have heard of bad sears

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebonclaw
The only thing worse than having your furniture stolen is having some of it returned.
Quote:
Originally posted by Paint Bulley

no you won't and everyone knows you wrote that just so someone would put you in there sig... that is really really really stupid....
-Team Outlawz-
Closed Thread