pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > pbreview.com Forums > Questions / Comments related to pbreview.com

Old 12-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #41
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
*Slowly walks away with his hands in his pockets.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrooper5
I once said that Uziel resembled Weird Al, he got mad

Neon Lites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #42
firekow
Banned

So wait, how do you look at these? I am curious and can't find anything in my control thing.
firekow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #43
wise690
has a beard

Send a message via AIM to wise690
You'll get a pm from a mod if you receive one. If you do have any, they are in the center of the control panel under subscribed threads.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #44
firekow
Banned

I think it's absolutely hillarious that I have no infractions. I am considering furries and/or shorter measures in order to try this out. Well, furries would likely be a ban, as it should be.
firekow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #45
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Send a message via ICQ to Neon Lites Send a message via AIM to Neon Lites Send a message via MSN to Neon Lites Send a message via Yahoo to Neon Lites Send a message via Skype™ to Neon Lites
I got one for saying "get the hell out."

It dosent take much at all.

Quote:

Old 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #46
DarkeWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski View Post
its sent to you pm style. it then stays on your user CP, under your latest pm list
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise690 View Post
You'll get a pm from a mod if you receive one. If you do have any, they are in the center of the control panel under subscribed threads.
I was not notified that I had been given an infraction. Not by any kind of automated system, or by the moderator that had given me the infraction. I wouldnt have even known that I had gotten it, if a DIFFERENT mod had not pm'd me asking if I had actually gotten the infraction for what it was that I had posted.
And I have to point this out, that that's a HUGE failing in this system. I mean, how many times do we look at our user CP? How many times do we look at our own posts? Especially those of us that post many times per day? And that little red box is not very obvious, if you've never actually looked for it. (Myself, I didnt even know they were down there, until now. I'd never even heard of this infraction system until now).

And I'm not saying ANY of this as any type of complaint. Only to say that I was never "officially" notified that I had broken a rule. And considering what it was that I had said, I wouldnt have even known that it was now considered avoiding the swear filter, and would have kept getting infractions for the offense.
As well as to state that this is not a very "Obvious" system, from my experience with it. Like I said, most of us dont look way down in that corner, or our own posts. And a lot of us dont open up our own CP very often at all.

I also have to ask a question. Does getting hit by the filter automatically guarantee an infraction? For instance, there's the out war links that get hit by the filter. but, it also filters the word "out wards". Which I forget about, and accidentally type in sometimes. Then have to go back, and edit my post to break the word up, so that somebody will know what I am telling them which way to screw their screw or bolt, or reg, or whatever.

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black ---- Dragun T-1 Black-- Parts ---
A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com
www.scenariodreams.com Evo2 Battery Door Mod
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #47
Lopez17
Administrator

You should have received an automatically generated PM concerning the infraction. I'm not sure why you didn't. No, a word being starred out is not a guarantee of an infraction. The context that you're posting in also plays in to it. If you have a word come up starred out, feel free to edit the post to remove it or put a smilie into the post. Using the smilie is a way to avoid an infraction.

Some moderators have different thresholds for what will cause an infraction compared to a deleted post but generally if you have posts come up filtered, you should consider going back in to change the thread. It's not that hard to keep language issues to a minimum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #48
Neon Lites
Ultra Legend

Reneir gave me two for one post and he never notified me. I found out about a month later when I went to change my signature.

Quote:

Old 02-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #49
DarkeWolf

Ok, well I'm glad to hear that the system is Supposed to give a notification. Thats a big relief off my mind.
Tho, from the sounds of it, it looks like there's a bug in the code recently. Which hopefully will be worked out quickly.
Thanks for the input, definitely appreciate it.

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 AM   #50
Lopez17
Administrator

If you have your PM's turned off that may be the culprit but the individual moderator doesn't PM you personally it's handled through the system.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2007, 03:59 AM   #51
DarkeWolf

The only part of my PMs that I've got turned off is
Code:
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
tho up till now I did have it turned off where adminstrators could send me emails as well.

[Edit- I'm sorry Lopez. I didnt mean to be short, or abrupt with you. I know that you're just trying to help us out and try to get this figured out.
So if that post came off as being really impersonal, I'm really sorry.....I'm just about half asleep right now. [/edit]

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 02-12-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #52
Lopez17
Administrator

No biggie bro.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #53
nu cidd

Whats the whole infraction points thingy? Cause I got an infraction for general spamming, because I wasnt thinking when I posted. Plus for total points, its still zero. Im confused
nu cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #54
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Yellow card infractions are warnings. Warnings give you 0 points.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #55
nu cidd

Okay, thanks. I thought it was a glitch or something.
nu cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #56
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
i dont like getting infractions, i got 3....anywa, would putting something like f*** earn an infraction? cuz i do that so that the filter doesnt annoy me, but the word isnt there.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #57
OWNAGE
Super Moderator

Yes, that would be avoiding the filter.

If you wanted to filter it yourself, you have to put the entire word in *s, but the filter does it for you so the point of doing it yourself is moot.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
OWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #58
black_angus1

I got an infraction for "avoiding the swear filter" when I was just normal swearing. What's up with that? Also in my infractions thingy in my user control panel, under the "post" column, one of my infractions says "private" What's up with that as well? I have no idea what it was from either, and I have no way of checking what I actually did.

BTW, it was from you, Ownage...
12" J&J Ceramic, Trinity T-Lock, ACP Striker, Anti-Siphoned CO2, Ricochet Apache, CP On/Off ASA, Bob Long Torpedo, T-Board VerC, Maddman Rocket Valve, Trinity Reverse Assault Block, ACP bolt, Dye Stickies, Warrior roller trigger
Coming soon:
SPPS Best microswitch, anodizing
black_angus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #59
Lopez17
Administrator

It may come up like that if the moderator deleted the original post. The bottom line is that you shouldn't need to use inappropriate language. Regardless of whether it's caught by the filter or not.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #60
black_angus1

Alright this might sound like im just being an a-hole (am I allowed to say that?), but I think that if the swearing isn't excessive (of which it becomes spam) and isn't directed towards anybody or doing anything to harm somebody, then it should be okay, or at least tolerable.
And Ownage, is there any way for you to show me what I did to get that infraction? It's just bugging me that I don't know what it's for.
12" J&J Ceramic, Trinity T-Lock, ACP Striker, Anti-Siphoned CO2, Ricochet Apache, CP On/Off ASA, Bob Long Torpedo, T-Board VerC, Maddman Rocket Valve, Trinity Reverse Assault Block, ACP bolt, Dye Stickies, Warrior roller trigger
Coming soon:
SPPS Best microswitch, anodizing
black_angus1 is offline   Reply With Quote