pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Devin_

Ego7 vs Cyborg7

Well its Ego 07 vs. Cyborg 07. Please tell me which you would get and why.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
I would get the Ego. But see if you can hold/shoot both and decide for yourself.

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
iliveforthis99
Maher

Borg all the way. Not many people have them and they're more efficient. I'm sure Tab will come along and give you a quite a few reasons why he'd take a borg over anything else.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Borgs are forged by the Gods themselves and delivered to mankind through their divine messengers, James and Bourke Grundy.

Borgs are insanely smooth, effecient, light, and especially balanced over the vast majority of markers I've shot. Holding an 07 Ego is very odd, the grip feels good but the rest of the marker feels very off because of how small the body itself is. I feel it's like holding a grip frame with a barrel and hopper attached to it and nothing else honestly. It just doesn't feel right.
The Cyborg just feels right like everything is there and just perfect. The size is small enough to give you the smaller profile and such people want from a marker but it's not so small so you feel like you're whipping around a pistol or something like that. I guess that's a better way to describe the Ego, it's like trying to play with a pistol and it just doesn't feel right. Not to mention Cyborgs are a rare sight so having one is guarenteed to get you looks and questions at the field.
I have people ask me about my Borg all the time when I go to play. I was using another marker for a time and people asked me if I had the Borg on me, they just want to see it in action it's an amazing marker to own. And maintenance is a breeze, you can clean and relube the whole marker in about five minutes.
The one thing I will say though is wait another month or so, the new solenoids for the 07 Cyborgs aren't quite done yet. Macdev is having custom made ones for the 07's so it's taking longer then they thought to have them. The humphrey noids they are coming with now are toping out at about 20 bps, it's not a problem playing with a 15 bps cap you just can't really show boat shooting 25+ bps is the thing. And also a flash code for the stock boards is on the way since there was an uploading error from the machine to the boards, it makes the eye logic a bit flooky.
Honestly though, when the flash and noid is out the marker is totally flawless. I just put a stock 06 board into my 07 and it shot amazing, no problems what so ever with the eyes or anything. If you can grab a stock 06 board for cheap, get it or you can buy a NOX flash for the 07 board for $30 I believe. If not, just wait the month or so longer until everything is totally smoothed out. Macdev is working very hard to make sure everything is 100% ready and good to go before even thinking of sending this stuff out.
I really just can't praise the Borg enough. Ego's are nice and all but I've seen so many Ego's kicking around it's kind of sickening in a way. The Borg will give you everything you're looking for in a marker and then some. And as far as upgrades, I just changed the stock trigger on it and that's it. And if you're into the contrast kits, the cyborgs have those now too.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
iliveforthis99
Maher

See what i mean.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Zaunji
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Zaunji
I predicted that aswell... Tabris is associated with all that is MacDev on this site.
I guess I'd go with the borg too, I mean they are forged by the gods themselves.
Zaunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Borgs make $warf.

And somebody has to speak up for the Cyborg. God knows how many ego owners are running around... it's almost as many as the Ion owners.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Old 04-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
Devin_

thanks for the info guys.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
DirtyBirdy51

Send a message via AIM to DirtyBirdy51
both the ego7 and borg are light markers. though one may be lighter than the other, you are only talking about a matter of ounces, and once you throw on a tank and hopper, that difference goes away.

the ego7 and borg are also both small markers, but the edge in this catagory goes to the ego7. the borg, from what i've seen, is still compact length wise, but it's height is slightly taller than the ego7. though it's all preference, i beleive that this could be a problem when playing. tabris would probably agree otherwise.

both markers are insanely fast, but that argument is no longer valid. because most rule sets have a set mrof cap, 14.5 - 15bps, you will still be shooting just as fast as the next guy when you're in a tournament situation.

both markers, being ram driven, get great efficiency, but the cyborg gets better. though i havent read into the 07 model, last year's cyborg got 2000 shots off of a 68/45 fill. an unprecidented number by todays standards.

that's all i can think of now. like i said, i really havent looked into the borg, or deeply into the ego7 for that matter.
DirtyBirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #10
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
hahaha I saw this thread a day or two ago but didn't post just because I wanted to see how long it would take before Tabris saw it and jumped in. Sure enough, he didn't dissapoint lol

Its hard to argue with the man when he's right.

I've had the opportunities to shoot Ego's recently and was surprised by them, I do enjoy them more than I thought I would. They're very well engineered guns, and deliver every bit of performance you need. Not the overpriced timmy ripoff I thought they were at first.

However I do like borgs better. The frames on both guns are great, fast and easy to hold, but the Borg's frame is larger which I like, it feels more substantial when you hold it. Also, although I like lighter smaller guns and appreciate the effort PE has put into the 07 Ego in this area, the Borg feels better to me as well. Not quite as light, but still very light and small, I think it strikes a very good balance between being maneuverable and yet still feeling solid in your hands, while I agree with Tabs the Ego is almost a little too small. Efficiency is better on the Borg as well. I havent shot a full case on my Sonic yet but from what I have shot, I've calculated that around a case off my 68/45 is indeed possible. Ego efficiency isnt something to sneeze at either though.

You may like the tiny feel of the Ego though, I dunno. Try the Ego and see what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #11
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Well geez, I'm the only guy on this site that shoots a Cyborg as a main marker and posts on a regular basis so of course I have to go for the Cyborg. Everybody else doesn't post in the forums or has a Cyborg as a back up or is 'thinking about one'. Stopping thinking and just go buy one, they're amazing.

And I'm Ego biased anyway. Everybody around here has one along with a Shocker, DM/PM, Ion. I won't shoot one based on principal, unless it's a 'rare' one like an SL series or something like that. The more unique the more I like it. Hence the Borgs and timmys, nobody shoots those around here.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
fuzzyllama
1 Ball. 1 Shot. 1 Out.

it may be a little irrelevant, but i have shot my friends 05/6 (dont know year) ego, and honestly, i dont like it... now, it was fast, had a trigger you look at and it would fire, and was fairly smooth (though i did feel some kick), but i just didnt like it. i didnt like the balance of it, but then again i didnt like the 68/45 (i felt another guys dm6 with a 45/45, dont know if it is the gun or the tank, but i couldnt stand the 68/45, seemed too back heavy for me. but then again, that was my first time to ever hold a compressed air tank which is significantly heavier than co2 tanks/my phantom. anyway...).

now, does that make sense? if almost all characteristics that you judge a gun by (speed, smoothness, etc.) are great, shouldnt you like it? maybe it is because i was given an early impression that ego's were great (based on what ppl on this site say) i was expecting something incredible, but i just didnt like it.

What does this mean? it means you need to try these things. This thread has given you the support more towards the borg. other threads will tell you go with a PE ego. But in the end, you need to just feel the gun. i finally understand what ppl mean by "what feels better to you." i never understood that, but i full know what they mean now. in my mind the ego was supposed to be the best thing ever. honestly though, i dont like it, regardless of how "awsome" it is supposed to be. Now im not using this to upset anyone, but just as an example, this thread gives facts and opinions suporting the borg. theoretically it could be better in every way, fact and opinion. however, even if something is supposed to be better or w/e, it all depends on what you think. Even if these ppl swear by it, and you try the borg and hate it, forget it. get what feels best to you. Also, i do understand borgs are uncommon (never knew why considering they are supposed to be good) it may be hard to find one to try, as opposed to an ego. if you can though, you will know what to do. Unless you get a lemon, i can GUARANTEE you that both of these markers will be great so its all based on feel and prefernece. just my 2 cents

September 23 2007...The Day I was 1st quoted...by PW

I am interested in an Autococker. If you have one in good condition that you would like to give/sell cheap for me, lmk
fuzzyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
ikey

both are great and ultimately it comes down to which feels best to you, but i would go borg as long as you get a newer one. it will do everything the ego will do but better (ie faster, more shots, easy to lube cause teh ram can be taken out by hand). the ego might be a tad lighter but they are close. and teh borg is like 200 cheaper.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
JChan819
Track enthusiaist. :-D

MMmm, 'borg. 'borg for the win.

Jimbo's the name, don't wear it outtt!
JChan819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #15
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
if you live in the southeast, go to the next CFOA event (next weekend in China Grove, NC). paintball kingdom is a macdev dealer and they always have a trailor set up at CFOA events so you can hold an 07 Cyborg if you go there. or you can visit their shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
mugenXP

Send a message via AIM to mugenXP
i've held a cyborg7 before but never shot it, felt weird in my hand so never got around to actually shooting it.