pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 09-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
GodOwesMeMoney
Banned

E-oracle vs lasoya promaster

what gun is the all around better gun, price not an object. There are good pics and info on www.actionvillage.com .
GodOwesMeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
BunkerBoys
A1 Nubsauce

Send a message via AIM to BunkerBoys
I know you want to choose between those 2, but I'd just get a fusion. I think it's better than both of those.

BunkerBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
slikwilly
gangsta

the autococker is more technical and heavier but will be more accurate. the lasoya promaster is no worth more money than the regular promaster it just has a different trigger and color scheme
slikwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerBoys View Post
I know you want to choose between those 2, but I'd just get a fusion. I think it's better than both of those.
yeah get a DP Fusion.

out of the 2 i would get the orracle for sure

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
ikey

orracle just cause i like cockers, you know its a quality made and respected gun. the promaster is ICD....meh. ive seen a couple bushys, and have looked down at every one. however, in that price range i think there are better options.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
PB_Matty
Ooohh...It's all sticky.

Send a message via AIM to PB_Matty
can't do this with either

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...69564786533166

That's where my $ went sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post26468476
PB_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
babustos
Registered Sexy Offender

Send a message via ICQ to babustos Send a message via AIM to babustos Send a message via MSN to babustos
Fusion FTW. IMO the Lasoya Promaster isn't worth the price, and I'm not a fan of Cockers. For the price of the Fusion, you really can't beat it.
Mark 10:27
For with God all things are possible.

DP FUSION
07 PE ASA
BLUE EGG 2
68/45 AIR AMERICA
FREE AGENT COVER
Boo!
babustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
saint9121

Send a message via AIM to saint9121 Send a message via Yahoo to saint9121 Send a message via Skype™ to saint9121
if price isnt an option get the 06 black magic. for the extra 110 you will get a lighter gun. also you wont have a back block to get in your way. i got mine recently and i love it!

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382247

E2ed 06 Black Magic
Eclipse QEVS
Freak barrel kit
saint9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
vdubdriver
Driver found

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint9121 View Post
if price isnt an option get the 06 black magic. for the extra 110 you will get a lighter gun. also you wont have a back block to get in your way. i got mine recently and i love it!
Hahaha saint, I've gotta say I've grown very fond of your Black Magic bais. Makes me laugh every time . And before you get all huffy thinking I'm trying to flame you, I'll let you know that I think the Black Magic is a great gun. My friend has one and it is definitely an amazing marker. It has a very crisp, yet smooth shot.

Back on track... however saint makes an excellent point (without knowing he made it probably ). Right now, you're willing to spend $400 to 450 dollars for a marker. That's pretty much no-mans land when it comes to high-end markers, you've got alot of 'pseudo' high-end markers at that range. 'Pseudo' high-ends can be considered as the upped ions, upped promasters, etc. I'll quote a buddy who said "In paintball, you get what you pay for". There are very few real high-ends at that range. The only two I can think of right now is the Defiant 2 and the Nerve. Both of those guns had much higher MSRP when starting. The Nerve was well over a grand originally, and the Defiant 2 was around $700. You should check out both those out. However, I think that you should consider saving a little more and getting a gun in the $500 range. This will open up Shockers, Timmys, and Alien Interceptor (alot more guns too, those those are some big ones).

Hope this helps!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #10
inteck711
Still Here...

Send a message via AIM to inteck711
If you like cockers, go for the e-orracle and don't look back.

No one wants cockers now, and no one thinks they can compete in the world today with Egos, or DM's.

An e-cocker will keep up with other high end guns. Look in my sig, i have 4 cockers right now, 2 of which are e-cockers, and the top one will not even break a sweat to keep up with my cousin's DM6. And I think it has less kick then his DM6.

Yes, i will admit that cockers are becoming a dying breed, but that allows you to get an AMAZING gun for cheap.

I suggest you go shoot a couple of e-cockers if you haven't already, and consider them. If you like the way they feel and perform, then go for it. Like any other gun, if you don't try and fix it when it's not broken, it will be great. The major cause of problems with cockers is User Error.

FEEDBACK
inteck711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:35 AM   #11
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
haha, I'm liking the BM bias too. that gun deserves it. I think it would do better with a slightly lower price maybe, but it is definately an underrated gun. I never thought alot of it until I shot it and was not only pleasantly surprised, but also thoroughly impressed. if you want a cocker nowadays, thats the one to get IMO.

but yeah, I dont think the Lasoya PM is worth it. it has a new inline and trigger, thats it (ok it has a few other things too but they make almost no difference). you can buy a stock PM and up it with similar parts for less money.

For that price, I think you should look at buying used FSP's and FS7's, timmies, D2's, Borgs, and trixes.

Matty, sweet vid and very impressive but a PM will go that fast also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #12
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

high-ends are high-ends. there is no mid-end or any of that other nonsense. the difference in feel produced by different methods of operation will appeal to different players. shoot both markers or at least shoot a marker very similar to each so as to decide whether or not you like that method of operation. the demensions of the marker also play a big part in feel. if you can't shoot the marker at least mock one up with a tank.

feel and personal preference is #1.

edited for courtesy

Last edited by Algernon : 10-02-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
saint9121

Send a message via AIM to saint9121 Send a message via Yahoo to saint9121 Send a message via Skype™ to saint9121
I wouldn't consider my points bias. I'm just reppen the gun i'm shooting and bringing it to the light. nobody thinks much of cockers anymore and this was my first 1 so i'm kinda excited about it. I made a thread (w/ a poll) this summer asking people if i should get the bm or the etek and i believe it was 30-4. and despite that i got the Black Magic and i never looked back! just goes to show it is personal preference

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382247

E2ed 06 Black Magic
Eclipse QEVS
Freak barrel kit
saint9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
babustos
Registered Sexy Offender

Send a message via ICQ to babustos Send a message via AIM to babustos Send a message via MSN to babustos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
vdubdriver = noob. seriously kid, get a clue.

high-ends are high-ends. there is no mid-end or any of that other nonsense. the difference in feel produced by different methods of operation will appeal to different players. shoot both markers or at least shoot a marker very similar to each so as to decide whether or not you like that method of operation. the demensions of the marker also play a big part in feel. if you can't shoot the marker at least mock one up with a tank.

I agree. These days the guns are either high-end, or low-end. For example vdub mentioned upped Ions and Defiant 2's. Sure you may feel that a Defiant 2 is better than any upped Ion, but some people may like the feel of upped Ions over Defiant 2's. Thus restating Algernon's, feel and personal preference are #1.
Mark 10:27
For with God all things are possible.

DP FUSION
07 PE ASA
BLUE EGG 2
68/45 AIR AMERICA
FREE AGENT COVER
Boo!
babustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:46 AM   #15
vdubdriver
Driver found

Quote:
vdubdriver = noob. seriously kid, get a clue.

Wow. I'm very interested in why you would make a comment like that.

There are different levels of high-ends, and that's just a fact. The quality of the gun decides it's level, but the operation of the gun itself is what makes it a high-end.

I would never put a DM6 or a Shocker in the same category as an Ion. Sure they operate in a similar way, so I would consider all three high-end guns. HOWEVER, the level of quality that a DM6 or a Shocker has versus an Ion is incomparable. And because you can't really compare the DM6 and Shocker against the Ion, I would be able to safely say there are definitely different levels of high-end guns.

Just like my buddy said "In paintball, you get what you pay for". So an Ion is $200 and a Shocker is $600, don't try to tell me that the $400 extra for a Shocker is just "personal preference". You spend more to get more. End of story.

EDIT: This is priceless. Found this on another thread. On one hand he's saying all high-ends are in the same category and it's all about personal prefence. On the other hand he is saying that some markers are better than others.

Quote:
if you blindly defend your marker without achnowledging the superiority of another marker then you are a noob, not a newb, but a noob

Last edited by vdubdriver : 09-30-2006 at 12:55 AM.
vdubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #16
Stan the HitMan
Owner of: HitmanPaintball

Send a message via MSN to Stan the HitMan
I personally use a custom Orracle, fastest gun on the field, but that doesn’t matter because I only use it capped at 15 to play. I don’t really see a reason to play shooting faster than that.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #17
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubdriver View Post
Wow. I'm very interested in why you would make a comment like that.

There are different levels of high-ends, and that's just a fact. The quality of the gun decides it's level, but the operation of the gun itself is what makes it a high-end.

I would never put a DM6 or a Shocker in the same category as an Ion. Sure they operate in a similar way, so I would consider all three high-end guns. HOWEVER, the level of quality that a DM6 or a Shocker has versus an Ion is incomparable. And because you can't really compare the DM6 and Shocker against the Ion, I would be able to safely say there are definitely different levels of high-end guns.

Just like my buddy said "In paintball, you get what you pay for". So an Ion is $200 and a Shocker is $600, don't try to tell me that the $400 extra for a Shocker is just "personal preference". You spend more to get more. End of story.

EDIT: This is priceless. Found this on another thread. On one hand he's saying all high-ends are in the same category and it's all about personal prefence. On the other hand he is saying that some markers are better than others.

now that you have changed you argument, we are both technically correct. there are differences in "niceness" seen as qualitative differences, but this differences do not warrant a segregated high-end marker category. an EGO is a nicer marker then an upped ion, however it is no more high-end than an upped ion. they are still both high-ends. the word "better" should never be used to describe a marker unless a specific context is given. you may like a marker better, but your opinion does not make that marker an overall better marker. an A1 may be a better marker than an ion in 9/10 contexts you could list, however the ion does beat it in value. unless a marker can beat another marker in every context 100% of the time then the phrase "better" should not be used.

a lot of players can't understand this, but in reality, qualitative differences matter little as personal preference is #1. if you really like a marker and even if there is another marker that can beat it in every other way, if you like it then that is all that matters. why do you think there are guys out there shooting custom built LCDs and vikings? for the amount of money they have in them they could have bought an 05 EGO, or two by now.
Algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #18
mugenXP

Send a message via AIM to mugenXP
fusion = upgraded ion
Old 09-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #19
PB_Matty
Ooohh...It's all sticky.

Send a message via AIM to PB_Matty
^

sure, but they operate completley differently

for some people they would be quite comparable...I don't like the setup on Ions or Shockers though. so for the same price i prefer the Fusion, others the Ion.

That's where my $ went sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post26468476
PB_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:48 AM   #20
vdubdriver
Driver found

Haha I'm starting to find this thread humorous more than anything.