pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Kingman

Old 05-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Bigjoe11

spyder 9.6 volt battery

I just got a spyder battery and I charged it for 5 hours (like it said on the side of the battery). It came with no instructions, but now, 3 days later, it is completely dead. My gun won't turn on unless it's hooked up to the charger. The battery is brand new. Is the battery bad?

If not, should I charge it after a game for next time, before the next time, or both? I want to take good care of this battery so I don't need to buy another.

thanks for any help!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
XRidgelinerX
Old Guy

My first marker, was a Spyder Pilot. Those damn 9.6 volt batteries are the reason I got rid of it. I liked the marker a lot. Was easy to maintain, never broke paint (I had the ACS bolt) and was very reliable...when the battery was charged.

It is very easy to leave Spyders turned on and not realize it. There is no auto shut off after some period of no-use.

My battery used to take more than 5 hours to completely charge too. It would be almost 8 hours before the light would change colors on the charger.

Charge it up again and make double-triple-extra sure you turn off the board. It should stay charged for longer than three days, but I used to charge mine the night before a game rather than after a game.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
Bigjoe11

ok, thanks for the info!