pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

Future?

Here is my question to you all. As the times appear to be quickly changing where do you think Tippmann stands?

Ions are dying off as a "good" gun (their rep is bad and there are a lot of good guns being sold at low prices) and the variatey of choice in the low end anything market has expanded. Where do you think Tippmann's future lays?

What kind of gun would you like to see them come out with? What kind of upgrades for current guns or any interesting ideas about what Tippmann could do to re-enter the Paintball industry and not just stay in rec/woods/scenario play?
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average "weekend warrior" with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball to not be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or You may not have one oneday.
Cpt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #2
Dese

Personally I think Tippmann is gonna keep goin strong. I mean, the way I see it, tippys are the undisputed king of woodsball. I wouldn't consider anything else anyway. I would, however, like to see Tippmann's attempt at a revolutionary side-arm. I think they should have beet Tiberius to making a clip-through-grip handgun. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the Tiberius 8, but I think Tippmann could have done it first.
- Tippmann Proshop: Collapsable Stock,
Remote Line
- Dead On Paintball: ProSeal
- Bushnell: 3-9X40 Rifle Scope
- Versa Pod (Soon to come)
- Polished Internals

Tiberius 8
Dese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
AngryInsurgent
Crimson Marauder

I'd like to see tippmann continue innovating with alternatives to electronics. The idea of never needing batteries seems to fit tippmann's rugged and dependable stereotype. I'd like to see the X-7 low-profile cyclone feed prove itself worthy in both woods and speedball.

I also think Tippmann's future lies in continuing it's dominance in the Rec/woods/milsim markets. I'd rather not see them continue with triumph-type speedballish markers.

Last edited by AngryInsurgent : 12-17-2006 at 05:30 PM.
AngryInsurgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Zakushark
Bearded?!

Send a message via AIM to Zakushark Send a message via MSN to Zakushark
Tippmann wont be dieing out any time soon. You know that they pretty much own the woodsball/recball industry when you go to your local field and 80% of the people are using either an A-5 or 98. Tippmann has come out with a lot of good things lately also. The C3 was a revolutionary step in the paintball world, and the Triumph line of markers that Tippmann recently produced [even though most people think they are plastic pieces of what-not] were both very good decisions in my mind. Tippmann is slowly over taking its low end competitors with inexpensive products that appeal to recreational paintballers and new paintballers. And now with the release of the X7, and Tippmann’s latest partnership with SpecOps, Tippmann will probably rule the Scenario industry and beat out other companies like BT in a couple years. The only industry that Tippmann does not already dominate, or will most likely dominate is the high end industry. I would not be surprised if Tippmann releases a mid-range high end like the Proto Rail or Smart Parts Euphony in the coming years. Tippmann is definitely headed in the right direction.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
AustinGod
Im just a Dreamer

Send a message via Yahoo to AustinGod
My first gun I like was a tippman and forever my heart belongs to a tippmann. There is no other gun for me.

(DI) Open your eyes when you talk to me recruite, open them! Open them! Open them!

(Rct) This recruites eyes are open Sir!

(DI) Drill Instructor walks away with cover over his face.
AustinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
babustos
Registered Sexy Offender

Send a message via ICQ to babustos Send a message via AIM to babustos Send a message via MSN to babustos
Tippmanns will continue what they're doing. Making guns that newer people will be attracted to and are easily used.
Mark 10:27
For with God all things are possible.

DP FUSION
07 PE ASA
BLUE EGG 2
68/45 AIR AMERICA
FREE AGENT COVER
Boo!
babustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:56 AM   #7
ICU117
You ever feel like this??

Tippmann will survive for now on its woodsball market. It's where most people start and I'd be willing to bet that over 50% of people started with a tippmann. However I would like to see them try to enter speedball with a little more effort then a plastic 98c. A whole new marker from the ground up that is ep. If it has the qualities of a tippmann (durability, reliability, quality) then it will be excepted by the rest of the paintball community, and then tippmann will have 2 markets to grow into. It is the most sound business plan, to have to outs just in case you flop in one.
Dye hypertube
68ci/4500psi pure energy tank
Draxxsus Pulse Loader
Freak Barrel Kit
Wishlist
Proto Slg
Tell Tippmann what you want!
ICU117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #8
punkisbetter

Send a message via AIM to punkisbetter
yeah i definatly think they need a more of a speedball gun not like the triumph
i think that if they can put their reliability and endurence reputation into a speedball gun that it would sell alot better

"Only once you loose everything,
are you free to do anything."
punkisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
dukedude4evr
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dukedude4evr
tippmann should last forever. All they need is a GREAT high end EP gun. I mean if they hit Cyborg good, omfg Tippmann would probably sponsor a pretty good pro team. Anyway, how good is the effect?
dukedude4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
AngryInsurgent
Crimson Marauder

If tippmann does release a mid-end EP gun, I hope they don't repeat the mistakes of Kingman when they released the "Raven Primal."

Personally I'd like to see them go in the same direction as spyder with the VS2 and perfect the blowback, rather than going EP. The simplicity and reliability of blowbacks is part of what tippmann is all about and a quality low pressure blowback would continue that tradition (without the kick.)
Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

Personally. I'd like to see them produce a low end electro gun that is cheap and can do 15bps but doesn't look like the triumph line of guns. Why? Its looks really REALLY turn people off.

I don't want to see Tippmann make a spyder or spyder like clone but I think if they made a 1 tubed, direct feed, semi-auto blow back that is a short gun (like the size of a VS2/VS3 or maybe a bit longer) and has minimal kick (due to a lightened bolt) that would be cool.

I'd like to see Tippmann thread all their ASA's the same on a new line of gun (like the one above) so that you could just buy pre-installed Anti-syphoned tanks from online or stores that match the threading of the ASA.

I'd pay 175ish for something like that and it would decapitate kingman over time because well... kingman sucks. I know of many horror stories about kingman's guns.
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average "weekend warrior" with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball to not be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or You may not have one oneday.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #12
AngryInsurgent
Crimson Marauder

A shortened and low pressure semi-auto blowback tippmann that still ran well on co2 (A/S or regular) would be totally boss. If such a marker retailed for under $200, it could eventually replace the 98c as the default tippmann.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
ICU117

I'd buy one of those.. I wonder if tippmann reps read any of these, cause, these forums are a great way to see what their target market's gripes and wishes are. Most businesses dream of such a thing as this, but it doesn't seem like the companies really pay attention to these forums.
Dye hypertube
Draxxsus Pulse Loader
Freak Barrel Kit
Wishlist
Proto Slg

Last edited by ICU117 : 12-18-2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: grammer prolbem...
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

Interesting idea. I say that everyone who is a Tippy person or has used a Tippmann and wants to post what they would like to see Tippmann do etc post here. If this thread got big enough, like over 100 posts or so and the entire thing was to be sent to Tippmann, someone from Tippy might just look at it.

Keep on posting guys.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #15
dukedude4evr
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dukedude4evr
ALRIGHT, two things I NEED tippmann to do, and a list of things i'd like them to do.

1st - Replace Grip handles, use a ego type grip for changing modes.
2nd - Go EP with a regulator already on it
3rd - Get better upgrades. Better hoppers, barrels, etc.
4th - Get flashier D/F and get on/off asa's that are good
5th - Possibly shorten length.
dukedude4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #16
hellomynameis
ello

I think Tippmann should definitly stay in the woodsball/scenario market. They dominate that now and I think they should stay out of the speedball world. They tried with the Triumph and completely failed.
hellomynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
TheSpy11
I see you...

I would like to see Tippy expand the propane technology into a semi-auto. That would help the transformation of paintball a great deal.
9/11, OK City, 7/7, and more - attacks on freedom
from our own government
TheSpy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
Govinda_T
Warrior Monk

Location: Pungistan, with a vacation home in India (Upstate NY)
Send a message via AIM to Govinda_T Send a message via MSN to Govinda_T Send a message via Yahoo to Govinda_T Send a message via Skype™ to Govinda_T
Lightbulb

Very simple. I'd like to see the comeback of true mech full-auto, ala the SMG 68, except slightly tweaked for improved performance and reliability. That and a decent high-end. That will be all.
Callsign: PHOENIX
My Arsenal
Govinda_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #19
Head Hunter 221
Likes Potatoes.

Send a message via AIM to Head Hunter 221
Bring back the SMG 68 and modifications that could turn the 98C into a full auto mec without the RT. I like the Idea that they should shorten the designs a bit (My spyder TL-R with a 16 inch barrel is shorter then my Dads Custom Pro with an 11 inch) I also feel that they should revolutionize the blow back like kingman did but in a mil-sim layout. Stop over pricing their guns I feel that a stock X7 should not retail for 400$. Now, an EP would be nice but can it still compete with the Ion, can it be 200 unlike the Rail. If they release an EP and it is in the 200-300 range I will be impressed.

spydyrodeo:"
(10:08:53 PM): my butts sore"
Head Hunter 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #20
ICU117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11 View Post
I would like to see Tippy expand the propane technology into a semi-auto. That would help the transformation of paintball a great deal.
agreed.
Dye hypertube
Draxxsus Pulse Loader
Freak Barrel Kit
Wishlist
Proto Slg