pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 12-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #21
dukedude4evr
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dukedude4evr
only bad thing about propane is refills, and the possibility of fire and explosions!
dukedude4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #22
ICU117
You ever feel like this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude4evr View Post
the possibility of fire and explosions!
Pssh.. who worries bout that.....
Dye hypertube
68ci/4500psi pure energy tank
Draxxsus Pulse Loader
Freak Barrel Kit
Wishlist
Proto Slg
Tell Tippmann what you want!
ICU117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #23
a_to_the_5

i think tippmann should stay were there woods ball / mil-sim and develop an amazing looking pistol that could snap on to an a-5 or 98c. or go speed ball and have the old model 98s come back with an ebolt kit and dominate the speed ball world

Last edited by a_to_the_5 : 12-19-2006 at 12:25 PM. Reason: bad speeler
a_to_the_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #24
AngryInsurgent
Crimson Marauder

Quote:
only bad thing about propane is refills, and the possibility of fire and explosions!
Propane cylinders cost only ~$5, after every 50,000 shots you could dispose of it and buy a new one.

Hopefully, tippmann would work out any fire and explosion errors in a semi-auto PEP before selling it.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #25
dukedude4evr
Banned

Explosions are fun.........unless they are pointblank to you, and it envolves a crud load of propane....then it hurts.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 PM   #26
Zakushark
Bearded?!

Send a message via AIM to Zakushark Send a message via MSN to Zakushark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryInsurgent View Post
Propane cylinders cost only ~$5, after every 50,000 shots you could dispose of it and buy a new one.

Hopefully, tippmann would work out any fire and explosion errors in a semi-auto PEP before selling it.
Tippmann is definitely moving in the right direction with the propane powered paintball guns in my opinion. Propane is extremely cheap and efficient (at least in terms of the way Tippmann uses the gas produced from the combusting propane, and not the propane itself). Tippmann would never produce a marker that would potentially explode because of liability issues; Iím pretty sure they got all of the bugs worked out with that before they produced the C3. The real issue that Tippmann needs to deal with before producing a propane powered semi-auto marker is the issue of heat. I have a friend that owns a C3, and he has told me that the thing gets really hot pretty fast.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #27
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

I'll be posting one of my designs for a fully magnetic trigger on an A-5. In theory it should work correctly but I do not have the needed tools. It should work on any sear tripped gun.
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average "weekend warrior" with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball to not be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or You may not have one oneday.
Cpt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
dukedude4evr
Banned

nice.

I say they make a fully walkable mech, aren't automags like that?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #29
jayw347

Send a message via AIM to jayw347 Send a message via Yahoo to jayw347
some people with automag claim they can walk a automag with the ult kit, i cant. the kit does really lighten the trigger pull. then u have the hair trigger that ptp and deadly winds developed on there own. those r walkable but so far there r only home made versions of it. something about patent issues . ptp was also going to make the hair trigger for other markers also.
jayw347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #30
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

I know there are more Tippy guys willing to post!
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average "weekend warrior" with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball to not be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or You may not have one oneday.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #31
boing7472
Cheese!!!

tippmanns definatly going to be around for a long time. just look at there 20th anniversary gun.. do u see any other company with a 20th anniversary gun or even a tenth anniversary gun? theyve already come this far.
Dye I3 Invision Pro
J&J Edge Allstar
Remote line

Soon to come:
98c titanium hammer
Superfly Bolt
boing7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #32
southern_pber

Tippmann now dominates everything but speed speedball, and if they want to keep dominating the non-speedball industy they really need to keep up the good work. They have come out with many revolutionary ideas (response, PEP), and i belive if they keep coming out with products like these tippman will stay THE main player in woodsball if they keep coming up with these ideas.

As we all know tippmann desperately a product that they can break into the speedball market with. A product that will make widely known as a legit speedball company and not just a woods ball company. To do this i belive that they need to make a entry level speed ball gun, as much as it pains me to say this, like a ion.
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine
southern_pber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #33
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Found It! Ancient Thread with my musings on a high-end Tippmann. I'll copy and paste to keep you from digging, but the whole thing is there if you want to READ, don't post.

Without further ado:
Why not a speedballesque amalgam of both the 98C and A-5? If they used a heavier hammer and springs you could shorten the stroke, use a shorter power tube/front bolt, I think you could shorten the body. Have the integrated vert adapter like the A-5 with one of those "mini-expansion chambers" like a Spyder. You could have an optional 15* ASA adapter for the angled forward look. Stick with the removeable grip-frame like the A-5, but come out with more options for changing out the grip, like an MP-5 frame, a .45 frame, maybe even something like the AGD Y-grip or WDP Space Frame. Keep the E-grip and E-Bolt options. Use (at least)carbine or (preferably)Cocker threads, maybe offer a Flatline. Use a vert feed or something like the Lapco Direct Feed or even a traditional power feed. If you wanted to be extreme you could use something like the quick strip mod on model98.net so that the front of the recievers could be switched from vert feed to powerfeed and to allow for easy access to the front bolt. Put it out in some nice colors/fades/etc. to supplement basic Tippmann black, and I think it might be a good marker. [/brainstorm]

For those of you who noticed I omitted the R/T and Cyclone. If the marker is supposed to be mostly for speedball, R/T's are generally illegal in that context and Cyclones are just a bit too bulky.

-brainstorm 2-

I thought about a more realistic avenue that Tippmann might take for a "high-end" marker. This is going to make some of you pureists cry foul, but I think that they should come out with a blow forward semi auto. If they could modify the CVX valve for blow forward operation they would have one hell of a good gun. Especially since the CVX is good with CO2 and other blowforwards(Mags and ICD semis) are notoriously tempermental when CO2 is used.

I'd still stand by those words today, it would be a bad arse gat. Of course they could also try to bring back a shortened E-bolt package since apparently inline ram/poppet guns like the Mini and Onyx are now coming back into vogue.

Not that they will do any of that, but still I like to dream. It's always nice to see a company do something you thought they should do.

Back here in reality I'm thinking we'll see them continue to expand in the woods ball market while testing the waters in speedball until they get it right. I don't think that the Triumph and X-7 were the greatest things for them to do, but it shows they are taking steps and trying to make some progress, which is good. I'm hope they'll come out of the box with something radical again in the next couple of years, it'd be a shame to see one of the traditional great innovators in the industry rest on its laurels.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #34
darktrooper5

Send a message via AIM to darktrooper5
I sell at least one Tippman a week, and I'm only there 3-4 days out of 7. I still recommend Tippmanns over anything for a newer player and the people who buy them are happy with the choice they made.

The X-7 is an attempt to "unify" the scenario woodsball market and to bring business into the whole "mil-sim" aspect. Instead of having 10,000 tactical parts by different compaines, Tippmann and SpecOps decided to just create all of that anyways. I think part of the X-7 is ridiculous, but then another part of it appeals to me. Not a bad move for them, but keep the ol' 98C and A-5 running strong.
darktrooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #35
ndfreak2006
Woof!!!

Empire just came out with the invert mini. If Tippmann could combine some of the ideas of that with the propane they could get a some good Ideas. And the idea about shorting the power tube and having a stronger drive spring and lighter bolt would be good. I have been coming up with Ideas for them to get a smaller gun. I am also taking mec engineer classes so these things are just drawings on paper. but if tippmann could see this they need to know that the people have ideas and we want to be heard with these ideas. TIPPMANN! Can hear what the people are saying? Show the world what you do! Use our ideas! Tippmann will always be my fav end of story. There is none higher. -Beavis and Butthead

"Are we having fun yet?"

"Heck Yeah"
ndfreak2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #36
Cpt. Morgan
Advocatus diaboli

Keep it coming guys... Tippmann is truly awsome...
Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #37
hi_hi333
I <3 my Tippy!!!

heres some thing i dont want them to do. come out with a "rocking" trigger.but some thing i want them to do is have a replacement for the 98c, and have an e-bolt type kit.

Setup:
tippy 98c
j&j s2 14"
plastic hopper
Empire vegas grips red
E-grip
hi_hi333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
PBghillieSniper

Smile Tippmann!!

Ya i love tippys! My first gun was a 98 custom pro e-triger loved it so much i now a an A-5 on its way! I think tippmann should work on thier squadbuster b/c noone realy thinks of it as a great gernade anymore and a milsim gun for under 250 would be nice
PBghillieSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #39
Head Hunter 221
Likes Potatoes.

Send a message via AIM to Head Hunter 221
Quote:
It wont happen much, I mean in a propane lantern the tank is right under a burning flame, no explosions I have heard of. And they are the same types and size of tank, does anyone make a drop for it or is it regular ASA?
E-Mail sent to Tippmann

spydyrodeo:"
(10:08:53 PM): my butts sore"

Last edited by Head Hunter 221 : 01-05-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Head Hunter 221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #40
gun runner
gunnrunner

tippmann dose need to work on there prices of there new markers(x-7 $400...WOW)and the gun out of the box dosent out preform any better than an a-5 $225 at least thats what all the reviews ive read said. they just need to keep these things in check. the thing that keeps tippy going is its rep as a working mans marker(durable,price,easy to use)there on top and they have got to let the people who put them there keep them there.i still think tippmann rules!!!!!
gun runner is offline   Reply With Quote