pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 01-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #41
Slinky17
Mediocrity is the killer!

I don't know about a high-end electro. It doesn't really seem like their style. What would be really sweet is a blow forward, high-end mech. That is something they should be able to do a really good job with.

Slinky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #42
OrangeBatman
SuperHero Paintball

A high end mech would be very nice for them to come out with, but i think Tippmann would totally take over the woodsball world more than they already have if they released a propane powered gun similar to the custom, and if they sold it for the same price ($>200). Just think of how many people would buy a custom if it were cheaper and didnt need to get a new tank but once a year. Talk about domination..
-Balls To The Wall-
-Tippmann OT-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..!..('_')..!..
I said the same thing in the Tippmann Forum and I got Slapped with a Ban Threat....
OrangeBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #43
Slinky17
Mediocrity is the killer!

Yeah, definitely. I'd buy a tried and true propane semi in a heart beat.

Slinky17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #44
WoWAddict

In my opnion tippmann is losing a bit of steam, if they dont come out with a new revolutionary marker not like the x-7 or the triuphm or they will lose some sales but overall stay dominant
Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #45
^_^
str8kila

I think Tippmann should make Cyclone Feed kits for other markers... hey if I didn't require a whole lot of work to put on and it was fast... I would consider putting one on my timmy then!

-
2k5 Alias Intimidator-

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #46
E-lectronic

tac-one > a-5.
E-lectronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #47
southern_pber

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-lectronic View Post
tac-one > a-5.
Before i start flameing you from heck to breakfast, im going tell you that post is off topic and hope you are kidding.
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine
southern_pber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 AM   #48
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
So you're going to say that an Automag is worse than an A-5...I think you're going to have some trouble with that argument. That's just me though.

Besides it's kind of relevant since we were all just going "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Tippmann did a blow forward gun."
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:52 AM   #49
southern_pber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenen View Post
So you're going to say that an Automag is worse than an A-5...I think you're going to have some trouble with that argument. That's just me though.

Besides it's kind of relevant since we were all just going "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Tippmann did a blow forward gun."

Sorry i got the markers mixed up, i incorrectly thought that he was talking about the JT tac-5.
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine
Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 AM   #50
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_pber View Post
Sorry i got the markers mixed up, i incorrectly thought that he was talking about the JT tac-5.
Understandable, thats what I thought.

Mags have become rare and mystical beasts around where I play, while the JT gun is as common as ugly chicks at the bar at closing time.

Ez mistake.

A far as the future of Tippmann, I might as well chime in with what I would like to see(i may have already. lol)
1. Receivers made of composite similar to a a glock or the old PMI black Maxx.
I still have two of these packed away, and they were so light it was amazing. Not the greatest guns, but super light. Now I am doubting myself. Was the whole receiver composite? I seem to remember it being that way. Crap, now I have to go check. But later.

2. More stylish cyclone. Something cooler than a flat bottomed cylinder. It's bound to happen.

3. More scenario based products.Like I would love to see an adaptation of the c3. A double barrel shotgun. Two seperate shots for every pump would make it pretty neat.

4. Shorter marker. As short a body as a shocker, probably not. But something that could almost double as a pistol, but with expandability. Or move trigger frame forward to where the front grip is(thinking A-5 design). This would likely raise the vertical profile slightly. There is are several firearms that operate like that. It gives a much more balanced feel and lets you take corners much better. In essence you would be moving the operating parts to the "stock".
A to the 5 : if sarcasm ever solved problems, mjr paranoid would have: numerous nobelle peace pizes, solved global warming and perhaps an alternate fuel source. and possibly known as the greatest man alive.

Last edited by mjr_paranoid : 01-15-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spell like a brain damages lemur
mjr_paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #51
southern_pber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr_paranoid View Post

Mags have become rare and mystical beasts around where I play, while the JT gun is as common as ugly chicks at the bar at closing time.
Yeah, i have never seen a mag in person. I looked at some on the internet, and strongly considered buying one at one time.
- Thomas Paine
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #52
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Having shot a couple of very nice Mags, they are a very impressive gun, I was strongly considering one for a while before you had to have electro everything to get into tournament ball. They are fast for a mech, and dead accurate, and that's before you talk about being small, and crazy reliable.

I understand your confusion though, and the Tac Five is in fact a poor facsimile of Tippmann's excellent single tube blowback design.

Mjr, you're right about moving the frame, if they brought the frame and foregrip closer together the marker would handle much differently than the current setup with them spaced so widely apart. It is no so much physical length, but spacing of the grips that makes Tippmanns a "long" gun.

For a good example of what frame spacing can do take a look a '02 Generation and Alias Generation Intimidators. An '05 Gen gun feels a lot differently and handles much more tightly than an '02. The only difference is the frame being moved forward to sit much more closely to the foregrip/vert reg.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #53
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

yup thats what I was thinkin

Those timmies definately have the idea.

I think the key(and they seem to achieve it) is to get the weight of the hopper centered over your hand.

Or get the hopper even further back (ie gripfame further front) to compensate for the weight of a flatline.

In a milsim it would similar to a calico

or maybe a type 5

Or the AUG
A to the 5 : if sarcasm ever solved problems, mjr paranoid would have: numerous nobelle peace pizes, solved global warming and perhaps an alternate fuel source. and possibly known as the greatest man alive.

Last edited by mjr_paranoid : 01-15-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #54
ICU117
You ever feel like this??

My dad had an Aug back in the early 90's.. Bought it for 1200, shoulda kept it till now, they are selling for 10k. He misses that thing, but my mom made him sell it cause we didn't have any furniture...lol
To relate back to the thread... I think the idea of centering the trigger frame below the hopper would do a lot for the overall balance of the marker. It'd be a weird looking design though.
Dye hypertube
68ci/4500psi pure energy tank
Draxxsus Pulse Loader
Freak Barrel Kit
Wishlist
Proto Slg
Tell Tippmann what you want!

Last edited by ICU117 : 01-15-2007 at 11:33 AM.
ICU117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #55
RickLiebespach

Talking

Quote:
...an adaptation of the c3. A double barrel shotgun. Two seperate shots for every pump would make it pretty neat...
Hmmm, a double barrel pump pep. That sounds interesting. Most of the places I play have a 3 round bust rule, so a double would be competetive, wouldn't it? (never having used a pump, someone please educate me. If I'm wrong tell me and I'll learn.)
As for the heat (someone said their friend's C5 gets hot)... there should be plenty of ways to deal with that... what are the real M-16's and AK-47's like in regards to heat? They must have done something that works.
I think a stupid but workable approach would be similar to motorcycle exhaust... a heat shield.
Another approach could be an aluminium honeycomb... it wouldn't have to be large... 1/4" maybe... it would be like the cooling fins on your computer's cpu. And a honeycomb is an inherently strong design... that would be in keeping with the durability side of Tippmann.

So, would you go over-under, or side-by-side.
I'll vote for the side-by-side. The look would be awesome...
to die for
opps sorry typo
to die from!!!
...If you can help me solve the mystery then please do.
In Search Of Birth Family
Birth Name: Ross Michael Wiseman
Birth Date: 11-29-1956
Birth Place: Westchester County(?), New York
Adoption Date: 05-23-1963 (?)
RickLiebespach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #56
mjr_paranoid
Constantly Baffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLiebespach View Post
Hmmm, a double barrel pump pep. That sounds interesting. Most of the places I play have a 3 round bust rule, so a double would be competetive, wouldn't it? (never having used a pump, someone please educate me. If I'm wrong tell me and I'll learn.)
As for the heat (someone said their friend's C5 gets hot)... there should be plenty of ways to deal with that... what are the real M-16's and AK-47's like in regards to heat? They must have done something that works.
I think a stupid but workable approach would be similar to motorcycle exhaust... a heat shield.
Another approach could be an aluminium honeycomb... it wouldn't have to be large... 1/4" maybe... it would be like the cooling fins on your computer's cpu. And a honeycomb is an inherently strong design... that would be in keeping with the durability side of Tippmann.

So, would you go over-under, or side-by-side.
I'll vote for the side-by-side. The look would be awesome...
to die for
opps sorry typo
to die from!!!
i would go side to side, with two hoppers, powerfeed style. One going left one going right.

I hear what you are saying about a two shot at once being cool(if i heard you right) but I was actually thinking you could pump once, fire twice, pump one, etc. This would let you up your ROF on the gun and be more competitive on a semi only field.

Of course now that ai think about it I want BOTH. A semi/dual select feature would be awsome.

Why even stop at two barrels? If you can feed off a single hopper then,why not go tri-barrel? As long as you could keep the weight down it would be excellent.

And a three round all at once shot would get closer to aproximating the firing characteristics of a real shotgun.

And you are absolutely correct about a heatsink system to clear off the excess heat created. Worst case scenario you have to get a 9V to run a quiet ball bearing fan. If you drop the input voltage to 5V (just like the low voltage in a PC) those are almost silent.

Heck , as long as we are being silly,
Two .68 barrels on top and a paint grenage launcher/grape cluster launcher below.
One pump can either operate the top two once each, or the bottom once. A two trigger system would probably work best there.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #57
southern_pber

Quote:
i would go side to side, with two hoppers, powerfeed style. One going left one going right.

I hear what you are saying about a two shot at once being cool(if i heard you right) but I was actually thinking you could pump once, fire twice, pump one, etc. This would let you up your ROF on the gun and be more competitive on a semi only field.

Of course now that ai think about it I want BOTH. A semi/dual select feature would be awsome.

Why even stop at two barrels? If you can feed off a single hopper then,why not go tri-barrel? As long as you could keep the weight down it would be excellent.

And a three round all at once shot would get closer to aproximating the firing characteristics of a real shotgun.

And you are absolutely correct about a heatsink system to clear off the excess heat created. Worst case scenario you have to get a 9V to run a quiet ball bearing fan. If you drop the input voltage to 5V (just like the low voltage in a PC) those are almost silent.

Heck , as long as we are being silly,
Two .68 barrels on top and a paint grenage launcher/grape cluster launcher below.
One pump can either operate the top two once each, or the bottom once. A two trigger system would probably work best there.
Kudos, i would buy that for sure. It would be pretty sweet if they could do it without making it exetremely expensive like most on gun grenade lanchers. It would could really make exotics much more acessable to the average joe.
- Thomas Paine
Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 AM   #58
RickLiebespach

Lightbulb

Quote:

I've thought about it... I would definitely but a side-by-side! If it had replaceable barrels, or barrels that are the equivalent of the whisper barrel, that would be excellent!
I would also want a double notch trigger... one pull, two clicks. 1st click 1st ball...2nd click 2nd ball... the pump. That way you could fire 1 and later 2, or you could fire 1-2, or you could fire 12.... the delay would be dependant of how fast you pull the trigger thru both notches.
I would do without the "add-ons".

Don't forget... PEP.

HEY Tippmann! Are you listening!??!
...If you can help me solve the mystery then please do.
In Search Of Birth Family
Birth Name: Ross Michael Wiseman
Birth Date: 11-29-1956
Birth Place: Westchester County(?), New York
Adoption Date: 05-23-1963 (?)
RickLiebespach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #59
E-lectronic

I say tippy buys out airguns and manufactures more mags. i used to have a tac-one, the thing raped face.
E-lectronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #60
BeeseveN_90
Ninjas stole my lunchbox

When the time some for their next generation of woodsball markers, I'd liek to see them find a better balance between "milsim" look and practicality.
Foremost, it'd be nice to see the grip (main grip, not front grip) placed a bit further forward, for a more well-balanced gun for snap-shooting.
The woodsball market is where they belong, and I'd never want to see them stop making their unbreakable blowback markers.

However, I'd love to see them produce a magazine-fed paintball pistol. Anyone who's ever thought of getting a pistol wishes they could get a magazine-fed one without having to shell out $220+ for a Tib8 (especially for an 8-round magazine).
What I'm afraid of though is that they'll start to focus more on looks than actual functionality in order to appeal to the growing scenario/milsim community.
BeeseveN_90 is offline   Reply With Quote