pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 05-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
NathanTerepocki

Question Help With Dm6 Please

ok so i got my DM6 and couple years back and now recently i just got a Palmers Stablizer Reg on it but when i went to hook it up i noticed my solenoid all the sudden broke so i just replaced it and so i got new solenoid, new eyes, and new reg on there and hooked it all up and when anything is in the chamber and i try to hit the trigger the light just flashes blue at me. what does that mean? fresh batteries didnt do the trick and i got a Hater board in the gun so its not the stock board. any ideas guys? i really want this gun back up and running... shoots like a dream
Black DM6: Hater board, CP no-rise feedneck, CP mini direct mount on/off, Crossfire 70/4500 carbon-fiber compressed air tank, Empire Prophecy hopper, Palmers Stabilizer Reg, Virtue Eyes Black Tippmann 68 Carbine: Custom 14" barrel, Custom velocity adjuster, Custom grips TPX Pistol
NathanTerepocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
when nothing is in the breech, the gun wont fire. put your finger in and block out the eyes. I believe the hater board led will turn green, its been a good 3 or 4 years since ive even used a hater board
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
sadpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanTerepocki View Post
when anything is in the chamber and i try to hit the trigger the light just flashes blue at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushOrigin View Post
when nothing is in the breech, the gun wont fire. put your finger in and block out the eyes. I believe the hater board led will turn green, its been a good 3 or 4 years since ive even used a hater board
I think he is saying there is something in the chamber.

Nathan, could you possibly make a video showing the problem so we can better understand the variables? i.e. eyes blocked, etc..

could also try a fresh alkaline battery just to eliminate the simple stuff
sadpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
NathanTerepocki

displays Red when first turns on and then flashes blue when the eyes see something in the chamber
Black DM6: Hater board, CP no-rise feedneck, CP mini direct mount on/off, Crossfire 70/4500 carbon-fiber compressed air tank, Empire Prophecy hopper, Palmers Stabilizer Reg, Virtue Eyes Black Tippmann 68 Carbine: Custom 14" barrel, Custom velocity adjuster, Custom grips TPX Pistol
Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

mkk i had it backwards... when u turn gun on the light should be green, if its red then battery is low. When eyes are being blocked (working) it should be solid blue like you described. Assuming the air is on throughout the marker, and your not getting any puff or sounds what so ever, then it sounds to me that your solenoid isnt even cycling.

Perhaps it could be something as simple as having the on/off on the body off? The little twist plug under the barrel has to be turned clockwise to turn the air on to the LPR chamber
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
NathanTerepocki

lol im not dumb guys. the air is definitely on and i tried 2 fresh new batteries. i think i might try taking out the board and putting in the stock DM6 board and see if maybe the Hater board has gone bad... is that a possibility? what else should i try? the solenoid is BRAND new so there is definitely no problem there and the eyes are also brand new. the hater board is probably a good 4 years old.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
NathanTerepocki

stock board that i have had sittin around apparently doesnt work. so it still doesnt rule out possiblity of hater board being partially bad. any other ideas?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
sadpanda

I know you said the noid is new but it could still be bad from the factory. Can you get it to cycle (click) with the eyes off or under any other variables?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

nothing I can really think of, except perhaps the manifold gasket is clogged? However you'd notice that when replacing the noid. Thats the only other thing that would explain the guns symptoms of unfortunate events
Old 05-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
NathanTerepocki

the solenoid is clicking when i hit the trigger so its definitely good. but the gun still just keeps flashing blue at me and i have no idea why
Old 05-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
sadpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanTerepocki View Post
displays Red when first turns on and then flashes blue when the eyes see something in the chamber
just pulled this from the manual

" You will see a flickering Green or Red led. The Green indicates a Good battery and the Red means replace the battery"

It also depends on the software version of your board though, those colors could have different meanings on a diff version.

It wouldn't hurt to try contacting customer support for the board and see if they can help.

Phone #: 317-354-5201
Email: info@haterpaintball.com

http://paintballgunmanuals.com/manua...-ul-manual.pdf (Rev. 3)

http://www.paintballsolutions.com/pd..._UL_Manual.pdf (Rev. 4)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #12
NathanTerepocki

got tired of tryin to figure it out... so its in the shop now lol