pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > JT USA

Old 01-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
CCJRxJF

Leaking Tac-5 Need some Help, (and a manuel u know a site w/ one.)

Hey, I'm trying to fix my friends tac-5 for a game this wkend. and any help would be appreciated. (I can't seem to get it apart enough to get to the bolt and all, a manuel would be cool or something.)

But if u want to answer, although I haven't taken it apart yet to see if its an o-ring or something here is where and how its leaking.

I gassed it up to see where it was leaking from. the first time w/ the bolt uncocked It was leaking straight into the barrel before the tank pin valve was all the pressed in. I un-gassed it, and cocked it to see if it would make a difference. This time it didn't start leaking until the tank was almost completely in. it leaked out of the velocity screw. I un-gassed it and tightened the screw(it was very loose). re-gassed it and it leaked out the barrel again.
Anyway I started taking it apart, but don't have a manuel, and couldn't get past the front metal section that comes off, I took out the pin to release the bolt and all, but couldn't get it out. (I've only delt with spyder type guns and 98's, ..mostly) So It might be something simple like an o-ring when I get it apart. But I figured I'd ask now incase it ends up being something more complicated.

Thanks in advance. ---
CCJRxJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
http://www.paintball-servis.com/slik...Tac5Manual.pdf
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
CCJRxJF

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
CCJRxJF

I got it apart, I was looking at the power tube, pulled on the pin in it a little and it came out more than it was. I had read that someone had a leak because their pin was "stuck" in more than it should have been. I put everything back together and still the same leak. It's leaking straight out the front of the power tube(through the long narrow pipe like piece the bolt slides on)
Should I take the power-tube apart? is it "tricky" to get back together?
Thanks.