pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #21
sikemike1

spyder version c t board

i recently bought a spyder pilot with acs, and put a scenario dreams ver c t boarrd in it. i got the pulse loader, and was wondering if the rf chip would fit on the t board. if so is their an adaptor for i wont have to solder it on. and if so where can i find the adaptor. thanks
sikemike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
donboy129834765

yeah i would say that the only downfall of the pulse is the feedneck it is very weak!

I would say there is no reason for you to get the rf chip, the spyder pilot only shoots 17bps so the green mode is all you need for it, but if you want it really bad you will have to solder it!

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 07-01-2007 at 01:26 PM.
donboy129834765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
Volksjager06

I saw in some other thread today that the pulse is no longer in production. I was trying to save up for one of these bad boys and that news broke my heart just a little. Is it true? Is the Pulse now doomed to Ebay?
-NDZ Slik trig
-Limited Ed. 187NBK Hybrid grips
-Silver CP Shorty Reg
-Black&Silver SP Q-Lock Feedneck
-NOX bolt / NDZ HE black firing can
-'08 Hybrid Quarter-turn Bleeder ASA / Hybrid Rail
Upped Black SP Ion
Volksjager06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #24
Uziel Gal
Legend

The Pulse was taken out of production pending the results of a court case. As is becoming all too common in paintball these days, company A says company B's product infringes the patent taken out on one of their own products. Company A then proceeds to sue company B for all they can get (this despite the fact that more often than not, company A actually bought the patent from company C, and then stopped C making their own version of the product; and that company D can prove they developed a similar product at the same time as company C - but that's a different story).

In this instance, NPS sued Pro Caps, because they had filed a patent on the design of a wireless loader. Pro Caps then produced the wireless capable Pulse without NPS's consent. Once court action was initiated, one of the first orders the judge made was that production of the Pulse be halted until such time as the court case was resolved. A number of specifically named dealers were also ordered to stop selling them.

I've not actually heard myself if the case has been resolved yet or not. Assuming it hasn't, then that would mean that the embargo on it's production still stands. If on the other hand it has been resolved, and Pro Caps lost, they'll either be paying NPS a fee for every loader made, or they'll not be making any more.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #25
Volksjager06

That really blows. Do you know if you can still get them from most proshops? I know I've seen them on some small online shops but I hate buying from little names, due to bad experiences.
-NDZ Slik trig
-Limited Ed. 187NBK Hybrid grips
-Silver CP Shorty Reg
-Black&Silver SP Q-Lock Feedneck
-NOX bolt / NDZ HE black firing can
-'08 Hybrid Quarter-turn Bleeder ASA / Hybrid Rail
Upped Black SP Ion
Volksjager06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #26
Uziel Gal
Legend

You can try searching for them with google.com/products, or any other online shopping search engine.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #27
Empyreal Rogue
Bang

Send a message via ICQ to Empyreal Rogue Send a message via AIM to Empyreal Rogue
I'm in the market for another hopper and I'm trying to decide between the Pulse, Reloader B(2), and HALO B. I like the whole concept of the Pulse, it sounds far superior to the Reloader and HALO, especially with the RF chip. But here's my question in regard to the RF chip...

The E and X-Mags use a magnetic solenoid. From my understanding the RF chip sends the feed signal to the pulse based on the solenoid's movements. Will the magnetic solenoid of the E/X-Mags negatively affect that in any way?

If you're tired of people putting lines in their sigs and trying to get you to put it in yours, don't put this in your sig.
Empyreal Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #28
p-baller100

Send a message via AIM to p-baller100
i have seen plenty of pulses on ebay if your looking for one. i saw some brand new for 110 so jump on it.i also saw some for 130 and 150. alot of people are slling fo different prices now. i mean 110 thats really low. i love my pulse!
p-baller100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
tippmann hitmen

I think that the lawsuit could be over because http://www.badlandspaintball.com/loa...ers-pulse.html has them now, for the past few months it said on the site that "product is not currently available from manufacturer" but now you can choose the colour so maybe it could be over finally?
tippmann hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #30
justavillain
! Iraqi War Vet !

Send a message via AIM to justavillain Send a message via Yahoo to justavillain
there is a few websites that are selling them Punisherspb.com had them for a while.

My Parts Sale
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #31
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

anyone know if you have a pulse with the green board how you can can get it replaced with the black board?? Anyone know the difference between the two??
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 AM   #32
MadManMarkDaddy

Info on RF Chip?

I bought a Pulse loader and seem to have some sort of lag after 12-15 shots, about 2-3 seconds. Just enough time to get painted. I want to get one of the RF chips for my DP Fusion, but DP said they do not sell them and installing one would void my warranty. Any recommendations as to what I might do and where would I find one of these chips that will work with my Fusion?
MadManMarkDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #33
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Are you using the Pulse loader in red or green mode? Green mode is for the RF chip, red mode is for use without the rf chip.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #34
[C.McLaughlin]
Zeh Paintball NiNjA

I would get this if I didn't have a tippmann, I'll probably get this when I get an invert.
[C.McLaughlin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #35
iliveforthis99
Maher

You can use the Pulse on a Tippmann. As long a the detent is strong and you use maybe the lowest setting you should be ok. Honestly though i wouldn't get the Pulse (at least not right now). Due to a lawsuit DXS was forced to stop production of the Pulse. That in turn limited their supply of replacement parts, shells are what most people have trouble with since they can crack easily. DXS was offering replacement shells for awhile but now i believe they have stopped or it's very very hard to get them. I've heard that they might start making them again soon or come out with a Pulse 2 but i can't confirm that.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #36
graciolly

Send a message via ICQ to graciolly
Official Pulse Information thread

Hey guys, I was wondering if some DM6 owners out there already have the new Pulse loader with the RF chip on their boards? I was thinking about getting one, but theyre kinda heavy, so performance has to be like a big improvement for me to dump my VLocity, I was looking for some feedback, thanks
graciolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #37
iliveforthis99
Maher

New Pulse? The Pulse hasn't been new for a few years now i think. I wouldn't both with a Pulse now since new shells can be very hard to find.