pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 01-13-2007, 06:04 AM   #21
thekid
Kitties is pimp too

Quote:
Originally Posted by L BLOODY View Post
To be quite honest I think if you're going to do something (for two dollars) you should do it properly (for two dollars).

- meaning there are simple things you could do/have done with this little mod to make it look and feel a lot less ghetto.

it's not like it's some messy looking 'millenium falcon' deal. (ooooor is it?....)
If your ganna criticize a kid who did a good, cheap mod at least tell him what he could have done. Personally I think if he removed the towel and just placed those things directly 2 the tank it would look a lot better, I mean since they are C02 tanks don't worry about them getting scratched up.

So L BLOODY I think you just want to bash the kid for his job even though it is a good mod, but if you do want to bash it at least back up your reasoning instead of saying "u could have done stuff that would make the mod a little less ghetto"

Last edited by thekid : 01-13-2007 at 06:12 AM.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
L BLOODY
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
If your ganna criticize a kid who did a good, cheap mod at least tell him what he could have done. Personally I think if he removed the towel and just placed those things directly 2 the tank it would look a lot better, I mean since they are C02 tanks don't worry about them getting scratched up.

So L BLOODY I think you just want to bash the kid for his job even though it is a good mod, but if you do want to bash it at least back up your reasoning instead of saying "u could have done stuff that would make the mod a little less ghetto"
You obviously failed to read my previous posts. As for being creative; that's a matter of personal preference.

Ay, if it looks ghetto, it looks ghetto. Some people like ghetto style anyway. I'm not 'bashing' anyone.

....but since you're making a point of it I'd say the least one could do for the aesthetics of this mod would be to but some bushings (either some rubber/plastic material or some fabric would suffice) directly under the hose clamps and not all over the tank and then spray paint the mounts black. RE it only being a c02 tank, you'd still need some bushing IMHO because vibration and temperature change would eventually shake that loose.

Last edited by L BLOODY : 01-13-2007 at 08:52 AM.
L BLOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #23
WTp8ntball

i wonder if just a tank cover would look better and still work?, or would it be too loose and not padded enough to work?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
panterafan_1735
That's the stuff!

I don't think a tank cover would be thick enough. I want some kind of padding in between. I like the idea of painting the clamps black. What these clamps are used for is to clamp rubber caps over pipe. Maybe I could make some kind of padding layer strips out of these rubber caps so there just under the clamps.
Rocket Cock... er _ Whisper Barrel _ Double Trigg _ Homemade Drop
CenterFeed _ Trigger Mod's _ Clear Hopper
Coming Soon: ACI Sub-Zero 6-stage Xchamber, No Letters (Milling), Custom Paintjob (Color???)
(<--BannanaMan!!!)
panterafan_1735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #25
L BLOODY
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panterafan_1735 View Post
What could I use to make it less ghetto?
spray paint the hose clamps black (use grey primer first and do this when the size is just about right so it doesn't bend too much when you tighten it), instead of the towel use some strips of rubber-like material for the bushings. I'd say a good place to harvest the material would be a bicycle tire inner-tube or a foot-mat for a car. You could just use something from an old tire or course.

After that, having gotten into a bit of cutting and shaping you could go further and make a custom shock-shroud for the tank that insulates too using other material from a bike tire if you wanted to...
L BLOODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #26
panterafan_1735
That's the stuff!

I replaced the towel with some rubber hose, I think it looks pretty nice...

(bad pic)
Rocket Cock... er _ Whisper Barrel _ Double Trigg _ Homemade Drop
CenterFeed _ Trigger Mod's _ Clear Hopper
Coming Soon: ACI Sub-Zero 6-stage Xchamber, No Letters (Milling), Custom Paintjob (Color???)
(<--BannanaMan!!!)
panterafan_1735 is offline   Reply With Quote