pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Tippmann

Old 01-28-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
Zakushark
Bearded?!

Send a message via AIM to Zakushark Send a message via MSN to Zakushark
Tippmann "Home" Modification Guide

I think that it is about time for this forum to have a home mod thread. Part of the beauty about Tippmanns is that they can be modified and tinkered with to enhance performance, or just to look cool. Here are a few easy home mods that can go a long way. Keep in mind, most of these mods are intended for the Tippmann 98, however, some of them can be performed on the A-5. I hope some of these instructions help. Take a look, and go to town
I will get a painting and filing guide up with pics once I finish my 98. I would also like to post a few mods fromwww.model98.net when/if I get permission. Feel free to post some of your own mods in this thread as well. Be creative; post your inventions!

Note: I, nor anyone else, is responsible for any bodily harm, or damage done to your marker by user error. If you do not have confidence in your own abilities, or if you are not comfortable modifying your marker, please do not perform any of the following mods.

Tippmann Home Modification Guide

Fixing hopper wobble with electrical/duct tape

Can be preformed on:
Tippmann Model 98
Tippmann 98 custom
Non-powder coated Tippmann Custom Pro (it does not really need it)

Materials needed:
Electrical tape/duct tape
X-acto knife or sharp object of the sort

Instructions:
Place a few strips of tape over the part of your hopper elbow that touches the receiver when it is attached.
Cut off excess tape and cut a hole with an X-acto knife where the paintballs feeds through.

Fixing hopper wobble with a tank o-ring

Can be preformed on:
Tippmann Model 98
Tippmann 98 custom
Non-powder coated Tippmann Custom Pro (it does not really need it)

Materials needed:
Spare tank o-ring/other o-ring

Instructions:
Slide an o-ring over the bottom of your hopper elbow.

Preventing blowback with a tank o-ring

Can be preformed on:
Tippmann Model 98
Tippmann 98 custom
Tippmann Custom Pro
Tippmann A-5

Materials needed:
Spare tank o-ring

Instructions:
If your Tippmann’s front bolt does not already have an o-ring at the tip, slide a tank o-ring on it. Make sure to keep your front bolt and o-ring well lubed, excess friction can mess with your bolt assembly.

Increasing airflow by porting your vertical adapter

Can be preformed on:
All Tippmann 98s with a vertical adapter (im not sure if you can perform this mod on an A-5’s tombstone, or if it even needs it)

Materials needed:
Power drill
3/16” drill bit

Instructions:
Make the stock hole on the vertical adapter bigger by drilling a 3/16” hole in the same place. Make sure to get all of the shavings out of there vertical adapter before you gas up your marker; debris can damage your valve. Be careful not to drill to far, or through the side of the vertical adapter. You do not need to drill that far.

Polishing your internals

Can be preformed on:
All Tippmanns (note: newer Custom Pros come factory polished)

Materials needed:
Fine steel wool (like #000) or a dremel with a polishing wheel
Some form of aluminum or metal polish.

Instructions:
Completely strip your marker of all parts, and thoroughly wash the receivers to remove all oil and debris. Using aluminum polish and steel wool, scrub the inside of your receivers where the front and rear bolts rub. Steel wool will take you a while depending on your physical stamina, and a dremel would obviously be your easiest solution. Make sure to wash your receivers again before reassembling your marker. Remember to re-lube it before you start playing!

Last edited by Zakushark : 02-10-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Zakushark is offline   Reply With Quote