pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
swedishmeatball

ion vs vs3

right now i have a tippmann 98 custom stock everything and im looking to get a good gun. i have read the reviews and they seem pretty similar, so wich one should i get
Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
RyanS

Well out of those two I would go with the ion. MY buddy has one i have tested it out anf played with it. It's a great gun for your first electronic. Does need a few upgrades. Like a qev, new feedneck ( a must), a asa on.off if you want, a new barrel buti think the stock one is good, and a board if you want. How ever another good choice of gun. If you had a few extra bucks would be the PMR. This gun rocks. It's fast light compact. Yes you well see reviews saying it has some plastic parts. It does but don't worry it's not that crappy plastic you see on Micdonalds toys. The gun has the same board as the PM7 and the pm7 is what 1200$ and the PMR is 400$. SO take the PMR into consideration. If you chosse this gun I would also recommed getting a new non plastic back cap while your at your proshop or order it with your gun because there have been threading issues. But back caps are about 15$.
68/4500 pmi
Reverse red grill
nxe 3+2+2
Scepter barrel kit
Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
ittalianstalion
R.I.P steve erwin

not personally a kingman fan. love ions, as for the problem with the feedneck and barrel simply get an ion pro or an ion max'd. to me spyders just don't seem to perform the way kingman boasts. the ions are good reliable guns and if your not to hot about the plastic body you can choose from one of the many bodies they have aftermarket. ion would be a good choice cause u can make everything on it new leaving absolutely nothing stock. vs3 only offers feednecks, barrels and 1 new body. not much.

ion FTW

~stalion
360 QEV
sling blade trigger
ON THE WAY
stage 5 ion body...V2 trigger frame
and when it comes out ... TAG sports predator board.
|p|a|i|n|t|b|a|L|L|
my anti drug
Old 02-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
m98sniper15
Paintballer

Simply the VS3 is a better marker (stock). However, the Ion can be upgraded to a very nice marker. I somewhat agree with ittalianstalion.

"I came I saw I conquered" said Julius Ceasar

I'm a Christian baller. Put this in your sig. if you are.

I Am The 2% of American Paintball Players That Pays For My Own Stuff. If You Are Too, Then Put This in You Sig
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
413sonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 413sonix
Dunno. I say just get a Lasoya Promaster, it's much better than both.

Basically the VS is a fully upped blowback and the Ion is a basic EP marker.

They both perform good, but I prefer the VS.

I'd have to say the VS is more reliable though. On our last day of play we went to test my friend's Ion in the yard, and it worked fine. Next day comes and it doesn't even fire.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
no vs threads.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 34 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 13 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:10 AM   #7
DagNasty
Registered Member

Read this

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/t208630/

should help you decide.