pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Bob Long

Old 02-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
r0y7h31n4n3
Ghost Flanker

Send a message via AIM to r0y7h31n4n3 Send a message via MSN to r0y7h31n4n3 Send a message via Yahoo to r0y7h31n4n3
Bob Long Part-Swapping Question

I took my 2K2 Timmy out to the field today after spending a couple months getting it fixed up (apart from a few weird jams early on, it worked excellently), and I bumped into a guy selling an '06 Infamous Timmy. The only problem is that it doesn't have a macroline and it needs to be tuned up.

I was wondering if I could simply use the line off of my 2K2 Timmy, at least until I could order a spare line. If this is possible, would it just be a simple unscrew from one, screw onto the other process, or would it be more complicated than that?

Also, I'd appreciate it if I could get some advice on the settings I'd need to get it all tuned up. I think he mentioned it had a Gen 3 instead of a Gen 4 board, so it doesn't have ramping, PSP, etc. Right now, I just want to know what I need to set to get it working right and how to do it. It has an LCD, I'm not sure yet if it works with the board or not. So instructions with and without the board would be appreciated.

At first I thought he wanted $1500, but he's getting rid of it for $150, so I can't not buy it! I'm picking it up tomorrow, can't wait to get it set up and test it out.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Macroline just slides out of the fittings so as long as the length is right you can do it. If it's steel braided hose then you need fittings and such.
A gen 3 board is considered an 'alias' board and the Gen 3's and Gen 4's both use that same style board. It just matters what the coding is. When you first turn it on it should say Frenzy xxx.x or Empire 1.5 or Bob Long 1.7. There are different versions.
Stocks settings work best on the gen 4's until you figure them out. Also making sure they have the brass poppet and not the delrin one is a big thing with them, as the brass one fixes a lot of issues. Just download and read the gen 4 manual. If you still can't get it working right or you have some issues, BLAST is just a phone call away and worst case scenario you send it in.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
r0y7h31n4n3
Ghost Flanker

Send a message via AIM to r0y7h31n4n3 Send a message via MSN to r0y7h31n4n3 Send a message via Yahoo to r0y7h31n4n3
Okay, I assumed he had meant the fittings were missing, too, but they were there, so it was just a simple line transfer.

I went into the Settings sticky and looked over it and changed my settings around a bit. I'm going to download the manual and read over it, I haven't opened up the marker entirely yet, I'll save that for a day when I have plenty of free time.

Hopefully I can figure out a good HP/LP for the gun and get it all set up before my next game.

EDIT: The manual says my LP should be about 65 PSI, and my HP should be about 400 PSI. Does this sound right?

When I turned my HP reg up a bit, I tried to fire a few paintballs but a leak exploded in the gun and there was a violent hiss until I turned it back down. Any thoughts on that? I'd go back and see what happens at higher pressure, but my HPA is out.

Last edited by r0y7h31n4n3 : 02-21-2010 at 02:02 PM.
r0y7h31n4n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Send a message via AIM to 4THDEGREE
check middle o-ring on the poppet.
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
NAnarchy OT - We Are Cooler Than YouN
Team No Regrets
-no drama, no BS, no regrets....play to be respected!
Pro Paintball Weekly
www.compulsivepaintball.com
4THDEGREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
if you dont have a gauge on your inline reg, i would recommend against turning it up much. turn the reg down, wait till you get a chance to adjust it over a chrono.

really id leave all the settings stock until you can chrono it, since optimal settings can vary a lot from gun to gun.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
r0y7h31n4n3
Ghost Flanker

It's got two gauges for each reg, but yeah, I think I'll just wait until I can get it over a chrono before I worry about the pressure too much.

Also, thanks 4th, I'll check into that tonight, I need to check whether the poppet is delrin or brass anyway.

EDIT: Turns out my HPA wasn't totally out. The gun was just depressurizing with rapid fire. I read in the manual that there either isn't enough air getting through, or the LP is too low, so I'll re-set it and then tinker with my ASA. Other than that, things were working fine before I ran out of air (for real this time).

Last edited by r0y7h31n4n3 : 02-21-2010 at 09:10 PM.
r0y7h31n4n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #7
r0y7h31n4n3
Ghost Flanker

Opened it up to check the poppet, was afraid I would break something but all went well, thankfully.

The board is up to date, 127.5, the poppet is brass, everything looks to be in order. I was thinking of making my trigger pull a little longer, but I'll see how the short pull feels before I do anything. Now I just need to get some HPA and find something to tear up.

On a side note, when I did get to test it, the balls weren't flying very straight. I imagine this had something to do with the pressure. Hopefully once I can get it to a chrono and get the HP set up, things will fall into place.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
speedy2k4
is kind of a big deal

Send a message via AIM to speedy2k4
if the velocity is too high the paint will curve a lot. other than that, accuracy is more dependant on paint and barrel.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
r0y7h31n4n3
Ghost Flanker

I was originally testing it with the Furious barrel that the guy sold with it, but I put my Stiffi on after a while, and the paint was Diablo All-Star, but I'm fairly positive that I had the pressure up too high, so that was probably it.