pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Ion / Epiphany / EOS / Vibe

View Poll Results: Which is better in your Opinion?
Smart Parts Vibe 29 82.86%
Smart Parts SP1 Tactical 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Smart_parts_ROK

Exclamation Smart Parts Vibe Customization To The Max

This is for anyone who has a Vibe. Please read and consider.

This is Basic Customization. If you dont have a new barrel then get a 14" because stock sucks and 14" are really nice. I suggest getting a Progressive barrel or a Linear barrel by smart parts. I have a 14" Linear and it works just fine. It is way more accurate than the stock vibe barrel. And for a trigger, Get the trinity roller bearing trigger. It is easier to press than stock trigger and is nicer and metal instead of the stocks plastic trigger. If you have enough money then upgrade to HPA(High Pressure Air).Get a Used carbon wrapped tank from trademygun.com. It is WAAAYYYYYYYY better than Co2. If you need a better hopper, then i suggest the VL eye-force. Or if you dont like that one, then just get the VL force, VL egg 2 or 3, or even a nicer hopper like a halo(definatly not needed).You can also get new grips. It really helps. If you want new grips, then go with the Dye Sticky 3 grips. They are so comfortable.

Advanced customization would be changing circuit boards. The Virtue Vibe board is simply amazing. You can change rate of fire to whatever you want. Its all trigger programmable. Just look it up. It runs around $100. There are like 2 others but not as nice as a Virtue board. Then there is the bolt. I suggest the TechT L7 v2 Ion Bolt. It works for the Vibe as well. It is very very very light. It gives you a better operating pressure. Its lower than stock. Which is better. less kick than the Vibe stock bolt(barely a difference) but will overall change the performance of the marker itself. It is a really nice bolt but if you change it, then you will have to lube/grease it. Then you should get a new ASA. Its the thing that you screw the Co2 or HPA into. It is nicer to have an On/Off ASA because you can turn it off when you want to unscrew it. you wont have to waste gas ever again! And making your gun look cool is also an important component. Like choose a color scheme. Like blue for instance. Get a barrel that's blue, get hopper skins that are blue, get the ASA blue, get the grips blue, and get the tank cover blue. Thats what i did. Now my vibe can shoot 20bps, it has ramping, rebound, and all those fun modes. Almost everything is customized and it preforms like a beast for a stock gun that costs $150. And if you want to get a new gun and sell the vibe, then you can sell it faster and for a higher price that alot of people will fight for.

If you dont have a Vibe, get one. And if you do have one, then consider these choices. Its just for amazing customization even though the Vibe doesent have much customization at the time.
Dye Sticky 3 Grips
TechT L7 v2 Vibe Bolt
Critical On/Off Asa
Virtue Vibe Board(might sell this one i dont like it as much as other blackheart boards)

Smart Parts, lots of people hate you, but i dont.

Last edited by Smart_parts_ROK : 10-11-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I said "my" twice in a row without noticing.
Smart_parts_ROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
iliveforthis99
Maher

Not to rain on your parade but in all honesty it's best to keep guns like these as stock as possible. You simply do not get your monies worth in performance really anything for that matter. For the price you spend on all that you could have gotten a used older high-end that will outperform the Vibe all around and on top of that it'll have better quality and probably resale value. The Vibe doesn't really need anything out of box except maybe a barrel and a cheap CP one piece would fix that. Trigger is personal preference, if i had a Vibe instead of an SP1 i wouldn't change it. Also when using the Vibe or SP1 it's best to stick to CO2, these guns are made to shoot on it and from my experience they do it quite well. I personally use CO2 on my SP1 even though i have an HPA tank.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Smart_parts_ROK

I know i was really bored when i typed this to my friend about customization of the Vibe. He had the Vibe almost when it first came out and his parents would only buy that for him for his birthday. Now he does not want a new gun but new upgrades. So i decided to send him this long letter. And i guess i would just post it on PB review because i guess i could get more use of it here. But from personal experience, its kinda fun to customize the gun with better products that make the gun look all cool. But its opinion based. SO sorry if you dont like my long post.
Dye Sticky 3 Grips
TechT L7 v2 Vibe Bolt
Critical On/Off Asa
Virtue Vibe Board(might sell this one i dont like it as much as other blackheart boards)

Smart Parts, lots of people hate you, but i dont.
Smart_parts_ROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
iliveforthis99
Maher

It's all good. Upgrading is fun but i found out through experience it's a very stupid idea. I have a near (missing a Tadao board) fully upped Ion sitting in my now that when i still played i hardly touched. Dumping loads of money on guns like these won't make them a high-end. It's pretty gut wrenching when you end up putting probably close to $700 into the gun itself only to find later on an old Gen-E Matrix that you picked up for $200 blows the crap out of your newer super tricked out gun.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
JFSpaintball
JAUN

yo can you make a video of your vibe shooting in semi..i have one and i wanted to get a new board im deciding between universal t and the virtue and im trying to see both shoot with the vibe..and tell me where to find the video..thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
iliveforthis99
Maher

If you're going to get a new board just wait for the Blackheart board. No word on price yet but it'll be coming with a new inner body, break-beam eyes (that glow blue ), and it'll have a QEV with it.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
the blackheart board should be out soon. And by my understanding, SP will be offering a package with a new breech milled for eyes, ace and blackheart.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #8
iliveforthis99
Maher

It'll be out at World Cup. Forgot to put that in my post.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
jablasta5150
Ballin

wow black heart sucks get rampage board!!! they have a membrane pad for buttons and have WAY more settings and WAY easier to use!!!

Aw I'm sorry are those My balls in your face?!

Put this in your sig if you play religiously

Gun for hire! looking for team in Port Charlotte area! Just moved back so got no home field! I am registered at APPA
jablasta5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
iliveforthis99
Maher

Uh yeah but last i looked APE didn't have a Vibe/SP1 board.

Edit: Looked and sure enough they don't have one and nothing is in the works either for one.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 10-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 AM   #11
Spug

Send a message via AIM to Spug
Quote:
Originally Posted by jablasta5150 View Post
wow black heart sucks get rampage board!!! they have a membrane pad for buttons and have WAY more settings and WAY easier to use!!!
This is why it helps to read the whole thread before posting a reply
Spug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #12
jablasta5150
Ballin

they do now lol :p

Gun for hire! looking for team in Port Charlotte area! Just moved back so got no home field! I am registered at APPA
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #13
jablasta5150
Ballin

look again cause i found one and by the way a ion one can be fitted in too :p

Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #14
iliveforthis99
Maher

Then please provide a link to it. There is nothing on their site and in the forums a tech even says nothing is in the works. And no the Vibe/SP1 do not take Ion boards and there isn't really any room for one. A Vibe/SP1 board isn't even close to being the same, they look way different, they're mounted differently, the noids are mounted differently, the switch and airlines are different. You might be able to mount an Ion board but it'd need some heavy modding of the board and probably gun as well.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 10-15-2008 at 09:45 AM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #15
jablasta5150
Ballin

well i can even try and get pics of it but i have seen it done and i will get the link for the board

Old 10-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

the ion board and noid is mounted in the rear of the gun and along down into the frame. The vibe/Sp1 has a single tray style board that sits flush with the trigger frame housing and the bottom of the body. And the noid goes from the board down into the top of the hollow part of the grip. The switch is mounted on the left front side of the board and theres 3 airlines.

The only ions parts that fit on the vibe/sp1 are of course barrels, bolts and the ion frame.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 10-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
iliveforthis99
Maher

I believe though you'll need to do some modding of the frame to get it to fit on a Vibe/SP1. The noid is a little to big to fit down in the tray of the Ion frame.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #18
jablasta5150
Ballin

all you really need is a air crompressed dremal steady hands some other machine skills and alot of extra time lol. and besides you can buy another trigger frame for the gun and then just mod the needed areas

Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
iliveforthis99
Maher

I've already said you can mod it. But it is by no means a drop in upgrade. Still waiting on the link for the APE Vibe/SP1 board.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #20
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Im pretty sure the stock ion frame can simply be slid on. I havnt checked it out yet, but ive never seen any mention on it with the people that have done it. No big deal anyway, just saying there as for specific parts for the gun theres not many