pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Evil Paintball

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
k's89rs

evil omen or another marker?

ive had an old jt for awhile, and this past saturday i went to a field and played with it. i have been to fields before (a long time ago) and i guess i never realized how slow and inaccurate it is. so what im asking is what do some of you guys suggest for my next gun? im wanting to spend 200-250 dollars. ive always liked the evil omens, and that is what i really want to get. but after reading some of the reviews on the review section im kinda second guessing. most of the reviews seemed like the person wasnt setting the gun up right, and just getting mad at it. that wont be a problem for me. but others said they dont like 'em and most of them brand new come with problems. what are your experiences?
another couple of markers i was looking at were the ICD promaster lasoyas, and the smart parts ion.

what should i get? you guys have been playing longer than i have and know more about markers.
thanks
kent
Old 03-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
FulRacAttack
Registered Unregistered

Send a message via AIM to FulRacAttack
wel the omen is a great gun, dun get an ion because everyone has 'em, and the lasoya promaster is pretty sick also, id personally take the ome, my friend has got one and that thing is sick, never had ne problems wit it, it is just a fun gun, the promaster is fun also, so i say either is a nice choice in ur price range, but not an ion, they are so nubby, uness you put alot of money into upgrading it and then u might as well buy another marker
Old 03-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
k's89rs

have you owned either of them?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
oofox99
Eeewweezzy!!

Send a message via AIM to oofox99
When I bought my evil omen I was getting back into paintball...there was nothing wrong with it at all...only downsides are weight, offsett feed neck, upgrade ability and cam arms. Other than that this marker rips...I only shot maybe 700 rounds through it and never used it in an actual game. Couple of months later I wanted more out of a marker and I got an Etek for x-mas.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
k's89rs

so why does everyone not like the cam arms? it sounds like a pretty good system. how much does that offset feed neck get in the way. it seems like it would make it hard to shoot on the left side of a barrier. might have to stick out further to see around it, leading you to make a bigger target. but it shot fast. did it chop paint?
kent
Old 03-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
oofox99
Eeewweezzy!!

With all the new technology and advances that paintball is going through you (not personally) are going to think about wanting to upgrade or get something thats up to date. I'm not saying that the omen is old or can't keep up...I'm jsut saying that your going to want more bang for your monies. I wanted something that wasn't to expensive but a high end marker...etek comes with everything I need and want in a marker...I know I'm going to want more but for now it's satisfied my hunger...lol. So my LNIB evil omen (I'm sorry to say) is going to have to find a new owner...no!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
k's89rs

ok so what would you suggest for the 200-250 dollar range? im not looking to get into it and spend thousands of dollars, i have a camaro that im working on. i just want something that i can keep up with the guys at the fields that do spend thousands of dollars. i was also liking that lasoya, but i havent even seen one of those in action.
kent
Old 03-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #8
oofox99
Eeewweezzy!!

I will pm you instead...lol.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
Zofarr

No Vs threads please.
Yes I am going to put it in the Ultimate Sticky after folks have a chance to find it since nobody ever reads stickies.
Meaning... Read the stickies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw
Closed Thread