pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #1201
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
Incapability can be proven against anyone, but capability can only be proven against the best.
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #1202
Wolffhardt

Daniels proved last year what he could do, even in losses.

I'm mad we don't get to play OU this year, at least until the championship... unless that's against OSU... Which will be even a better game..

We played three all girls schools next, then goto Texas.

that should be the first -decent- test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydyrodeo View Post
I have 200 acres in angleton Texas, and my families business has 1600 in west texas.

Don't blame me in 8 months. I voted for McCain.
Wolffhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #1203
Wolffhardt

Evil O_O

Do you not make a NFL thread, just simply because you don't want to feel obligated to vote for the Phins? lol
Quote:
I have 200 acres in angleton Texas, and my families business has 1600 in west texas.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #1204
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
The NFL is a pale, hollow replica of the SEC.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 AM   #1205
Wolffhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
The NFL is a pale, hollow replica of the SEC.

Tell that to the north, who without the NFL...

Wouldn't even watch football lol lol.
Quote:

Old 09-05-2008, 05:46 AM   #1206
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Thank you for making my point.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #1207
Wolffhardt

lol I wasn't trying to disprove it
Quote:

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #1208
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Incidentally, I'm a Jaguar man when I am forced to talk NFL.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #1209
Wolffhardt

Good man.

Garrard's my QB this year for Fantasy.
Quote:

Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #1210
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

This just in, UVA sucks but you aren't allowed to say so.

Life of Reilly column on EPSN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/st...t&lid=tab1pos1

By Rick Reilly

Do you miss Beijing? Are you pining for some good ol' fashioned totalitarianism? Enjoy seeing any small voice squashed like a ladybug under a Hummer?

Then come to the University of Virginia!

At Virginia a new rule bans signs of any kind at all sporting events, including football and basketball.

Not advertising signs, of course. Not "Beer: $8" signs. Not "Give to the Virginia Scholarship Endowment" signs. No, only signs about Virginia teams, such as the one then third-year bio-medical engineering student David Becker held up at last year's Duke football game, which read, "Fire Groh!" That's Al Groh, the Virginia football coach who always manages to beat the Davids, but rarely the Goliaths.

"No signs," the gendarme told Becker in taking away the sign. Becker asked why. Nobody knew. So he made another sign, this time smaller, thinking maybe it violated some kind of size-limit rule. They took that one, too. Becker asked why again. "Word from the athletic department," the guard said. So he wrote "Fire Groh!" on a sheet of notebook paper. The guard took that, too, saying signs of a negative nature weren't allowed and that if Becker wanted to go for one more, he'd gladly pitch him out under an "exit" sign.
THIS IS UN-AMERICAN. THIS ISN'T HAVANA. WHAT'S NEXT? NO YELLING? NO GRUMBLING? NO HEAVY SIGHING?

Now—no signs at all, pro or con. At Virginia! The nation's first secular university! Founded by Thomas Jefferson himself in 1819! Framer of the constitution! Champion of "certain inalienable rights," like free speech! The man who once wrote: "A little rebellion now and then is a good thing"!

Who, exactly, is Virginia protecting here? Groh? The man can handle himself. After all, he was once the head coach of the New York Jets.

"Seems odd," says former Virginia star and current Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber. "You'd think if there was one university that would stand up for free speech, it'd be Virginia. When I was there, the signs were really clever."

I'll go farther than that. I've covered plenty of games where the only clever part of the game was the signs. College football without signs is like pretzels without salt. Who can forget these signs from last season?

"WE WANT A NEW CARR WITH LES MILES!"—Michigan fan

"KANSAS FOOTBALL: A TRADITION SINCE SEPTEMBER!"—Jayhawk fan

"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE NOT A CORNHUSKER"—Colorado fan vs. Nebraska

Or, my favorite sign of all time in any sport, from a Bruins game in the '70s: "JESUS SAVES AND ESPOSITO SCORES ON THE REBOUND!"

Virginia's athletic department says it instituted the policy to promote a "positive game-day environment." Ugh. Sounds like some $150/hour therapist wrote that one. Someone with tissues in all their pockets and a "Ban Dodge Ball" bumper sticker on their car. Whoever wrote it doesn't get this: 99% of sports signs are positive.

Can you imagine what Jefferson himself would've thought of this new jack-booted policy? True, he grew to rue freedom of expression a little toward the end of his life, since the press was hammering him on his long-time affair with one of his slaves, Sally Hemings. (This might be why, to this day, Virginia still doesn't have a journalism school.) But I ask you: What's the point of founding a free university if that university is going to tell its students what they can say?

For instance, how are Virginia students supposed to express themselves about the Cavs' 52-7 home opener loss to USC last Saturday? White T-shirts and Sharpies? Sign language? Hats worn at an angry angle?

"That's the thing," says Robert O'Neil, director of the Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression, also in Charlottesville. "We don't quite know what constitutes a sign. Paint on someone's chest? A T-shirt? It's not quite clear."

One thing is clear. This is un-American. This isn't Havana. What's next? No yelling? No grumbling? No heavy sighing? How are students supposed to effect change at their school? Morse-code flashlights? And if they can censor students at the stadium, what's to keep them from doing it on The Lawn?

And if we're worried about a "positive game-day environment," shouldn't Groh be held to it, too? Remind me: What's so "positive" about 52-7?

This Saturday, the Cavs play Richmond and they'll be wearing special throwback jerseys. Seems superfluous. Virginia's already a throwback. To 1775.

Here's what Virginia students should do for every home game from now on: Bring signs that say nothing. Bring signs that say, "This Is Not a Sign." Or bring 60,00 signs and let the athletic department goons try to sort them out.

Because sometimes rebellion isn't just a good thing. It's the only thing.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #1211
Wolffhardt

Rick Reily is a reporting genious.

If you haven't read his article every week, your stupid. GO back into his archive, they are some of hte most well thought out, funniest articles I've ever read in journalism.
Quote:

Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #1212
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

A bye week this weekend means that we cannot lose to a sub par Pac-10 team with a 3rd string JuCo quarterback.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #1213
PeYToN-SS
EKK Soldier

Send a message via ICQ to PeYToN-SS Send a message via AIM to PeYToN-SS Send a message via Yahoo to PeYToN-SS
Thank you Vanderbilt
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #1214
XAJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
A bye week this weekend means that we cannot lose to a sub par Pac-10 team with a 3rd string JuCo quarterback.
Your avatar conflicts with your Tennessee fanhood. I am confused.
XAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #1215
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAJ View Post
Your avatar conflicts with your Tennessee fanhood. I am confused.
I am from South Carolina. I go to Tennessee. I have been a Tennessee fan my whole life also.

State flags =/= College allegiances.

Still confused?

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #1216
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Whoever the USC jr fan is on this thread, begone from my sight. Losing to VANDY?????
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan

Last edited by Evil_Wayz : 09-05-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #1217
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
Thatd be trophyman, wouldn't it?
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #1218
Paintballrocks

Send a message via AIM to Paintballrocks Send a message via MSN to Paintballrocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimAssasin View Post
Thatd be trophyman, wouldn't it?
Si.

Hey to be quite honest I always pull for vandy unless its my team. I love seeing them do good.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #1219
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582

Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't have high hopes for this season.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #1220
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan