pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #161
pantzaroff16

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11136193/

Our recruiting classes have been consistently in the top of the nation over the last years.

You keep saying "compared to the other teams you have had" or "well now.."

You aren't seeing the point that the only thing that really matters is from this point on. LSU will never win the 2003 championship again. LSU might never have another winning season, but right now we are a powerful program.

Also note that Florida is at the top of that list. I guess thats just a good year compared to the ones they have had... right?
pantzaroff16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #162
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11136193/

Our recruiting classes have been consistently in the top of the nation over the last years.

You keep saying "compared to the other teams you have had" or "well now.."

You aren't seeing the point that the only thing that really matters is from this point on. LSU will never win the 2003 championship again. LSU might never have another winning season, but right now we are a powerful program.

Also note that Florida is at the top of that list. I guess thats just a good year compared to the ones they have had... right?
At their highest ranking they are 6th, not bad, but the way you made it sounds they were top 5. Oh, at at their best, Alabama ended up 7th, that is after a month or so of Saban recruiting.

You do not understand something, there is a difference from a "powerful" team, and a "powerful" program. You can be both and you can also be one but not the other.

LSU is a powerful team this year (if they live up to their hype), but are not really a powerful program due to their lack of a winning tradition. Alabama is and probably will always be a powerful program, but is not a powerful team right now. Now on the other hand, USC is a powerful team and a powerful program (thanks to their conference, but we will not go there).

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #163
pantzaroff16

USC has a cakewalk year in and year out which makes them THE west coast school to go to.

Are you telling me that for the last say 5 years LSU hasn't been turning into a powerful program?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #164
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzaroff16 View Post
USC has a cakewalk year in and year out which makes them THE west coast school to go to.

Are you telling me that for the last say 5 years LSU hasn't been turning into a powerful program?
As much as I hate this word for its utter ambiguousness and lack of any ability to stand for anything, I will use it anyways. To become a powerful program you have to have a long tradition of being a powerful team.

Any team can have a decade of good teams, but it takes many a runs of good teams in many decades to become a traditional power house. Out of all the schools in the country there are only a handful which I would label has a powerful program (Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, OSU, Alabama, etc.. ) Maybe I missed a couple.
Now there were some powerful programs that are not anymore (Army, Virginia, Harvard, etc..)

Get well Flamethrower
Old 09-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #165
pantzaroff16

I see. Well it is one thing for me to hope that LSU can gain its own reputation because i still believe we are rich in tradition, but then again I was raised on LSU football. Hopefully if we can keep progressing we'll be considered a powerful program. I also hope that the SEC as a whole just continues to be the most dominant conference but thats for another thread now.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #166
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Hey mods, any chance we can get this thread stickied (temporarily) til January?

and LULZ! Kenny Chesney featuring TIM TEBOW "She thinks my tractor's sexy" !!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwn9UcGvS_Y
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."

Last edited by Evil_Wayz : 09-07-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #167
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
Hey mods, any chance we can get this thread stickied (temporarily) til January?

and LULZ! Kenny Chesney featuring TIM TEBOW "She thinks my tractor's sexy" !!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwn9UcGvS_Y
What is a good christian boy like him doing in a bar, looks like his pastor fathers worst fear has come true.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #168
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post
What is a good christian boy like him doing in a bar, looks like his pastor fathers worst fear has come true.
Jesus did his best work amongst sinners.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #169
that_guy
Banned

Funny that the self proclaimed "big" Tennessee Volunteers fan is wearing a Gators helmet. Also come on now, the guy is the starting QB for the Florida Gators. I know some kids of various pastors, preachers, etc., and they are bad kids lol.
that_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #170
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
Funny that the self proclaimed "big" Tennessee Volunteers fan is wearing a Gators helmet. Also come on now, the guy is the starting QB for the Florida Gators. I know some kids of various pastors, preachers, etc., and they are bad kids lol.
I was joking around because Tebow was choosing between Alabama and Florida for his school. He publicly stated that he wanted to go to Alabama, but his father wanted him to go to Florida because Alabama has a bad party image. It is not the place for a good Christian boy.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #171
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_guy View Post
Kenny Chesney is from 30 minutes outside of Knoxville. He went to college an hour away from Knoxville. When he goes to concerts at other schools, he is respectful and wears that school's hat. Imagine how well that would go over if he showed up to Bama wearing a Tennessee hat. Trust me, Kenny is a Tennessee fan.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #172
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Oh they went and done it now....

"Offensive lineman Stephen Merkel said of the Gators: "They are probably going to be just about the same as the teams we play in the Sun Belt."

Troy lineman, thank you for the bulletin board material.

"other teams goin' home pain filled,
all they can think or say is "GAINESVILLE"

The Pearly Whites "Gator bait"
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 AM   #173
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
Kenny Chesney is from 30 minutes outside of Knoxville. He went to college an hour away from Knoxville. When he goes to concerts at other schools, he is respectful and wears that school's hat. Imagine how well that would go over if he showed up to Bama wearing a Tennessee hat. Trust me, Kenny is a Tennessee fan.
The three times I have seen him in t-town he has always worn a number 12 Alabama jersey.

Get well Flamethrower
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #174
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Wow, 'Bama just pasted Vandy.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #175
that_guy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
Certain people must go by a different definition of "fan" that what my friends and I go by aparently. Being a Texas fan, even if I was famous and went to go sing/perform in Norman(OU) or at College Station(TAMU) I would of stuck with a standard cowboy hat, like Kenny Chesney usually does, or something else, like my Dallas Cowboys hat and not have chose to wore an OU or TAMU hat. Kenny Chesney wearing a Crimson Tide jersey and a Gator helmet; no that is something I just would not do being an open Tennessee fan. But again, certain people obviously live by different definitions.
that_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #176
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

And the Gators up are 42-7 at the half.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #177
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

And them dawgs ain't lookin' so good. DARTH VISOR might pull this one out.
And WTH?? How on earth is Troy scoring on Florida? This does not bode well for the Gator Defense.

EDIT:
And the Dawgs fall to the 'Cocks in the season opener. Darth Visor FTW.

EDIT:

Florida downs Troy, 59-31. Poor defense ftl.

Tim Tebow, teh awesome, FTW.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan

Last edited by Evil_Wayz : 09-08-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #178
GrimAssasin
Checkered Pecker

Send a message via AIM to GrimAssasin
bahaha, dawgs suck. i can now go enjoy this week at school

i realize it just started, but USF is showin up auburn as well
GrimAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #179
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

In other news, both LSU and S. Carolina leave me very nervous about this season.

Also, I think that it's gonna be LSU/USC in the Not Fiesta Bowl this year.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #180
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
Wow, hats off to LSU and the SEC. Amazing performance by you guys out there, you deserve all the credit in the world. I have no clue what the hell happened to our defense out there, I've never seen us so embarrassed since I started watching VT football.

But in other news, Tyrod Taylor is the man.