pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Off Topic

Old 10-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #1921
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
Yesterday really was a mediocre day in the SEC. I just wish that Carolina had lost their homecoming. That would've made my night.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
trophyman582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #1922
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
No the ball was still in play on the field, and he was running towards the sideline.

Which makes me ask myself, the ref hasn't blown the play dead, bama is celebrating, and there's 25 yards of open field and a ball still in play.... why is the ball just sitting there?

Florida's special teams would have been in the endzone. Why weren't yours?

Blame the refs all you want, that was y'alls game to lose, and if I were you I'd be furious at Kiffy for running the clock down that far. If he spikes the ball at forty you get to try that kick again, it was 3rd down, not fourth.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #1923
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
Which makes me ask myself, the ref hasn't blown the play dead, bama is celebrating, and there's 25 yards of open field and a ball still in play.... why is the ball just sitting there?

Florida's special teams would have been in the endzone. Why weren't yours?

Blame the refs all you want, that was y'alls game to lose, and if I were you I'd be furious at Kiffy for running the clock down that far. If he spikes the ball at forty you get to try that kick again, it was 3rd down, not fourth.
Oh trust me I was furious and agree 100%. When your kicker is 1 for 3 in FGs, why would you be playing for a field goal, especially when Crompton had really stepped it up. We could have at least made it a shorter attempt if not score a touchdown. And as for our special teams not going after the ball still in play....no comment. I'm sure our special teams are ranked 119 out of 120 teams. They are the Achilles heel of our team now that Crompton has played two solid games.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #1924
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer View Post
No the ball was still in play on the field, and he was running towards the sideline.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0UupU3QKQ

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #1925
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
You still can't read, *******, I specifically said if Kiffin had left more time on the clock. You can't commit a penalty after time has expired.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #1926
CollegeBoy
He who wonders

Quote:
You still can't read, *******, I specifically said if Kiffin had left more time on the clock. You can't commit a penalty after time has expired.
I hope you are not talking about me, for if you are then you are wrong. The point of the possible penalty was not that there was not any time left on the clock, the point of the penalty was that UA recovered the ball and UT did not.

If UT would have recovered the ball, they would have had position and since the penalty was committed by the defense they would have had another kick (15 yards closer). But, since UA recovered the ball, the penalty would have pushed them back 15 yards and even with time remaining they would have just downed the ball and there was nothing that UT could have done to stop the clock

But then, this is all said in the article.

Copyright Collegeboy 2007, 2008, 2009

"Never give up! Never surrender!"

Get well Flamethrower
CollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #1927
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

The ball wasn't recovered by Bama. Last I saw it was sitting on the turf before I kicked my tv over in disgust. And last I checked if you drop the ball and the ref doesn't blow the play dead it's a live ball, since it was recovered properly and then dropped.

I'm not talking about that penalty anyways, i'm talking about Kiffin's poor clock management.

Where have you been? I was hoping you were dead.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #1928
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeBoy View Post
I hope you are not talking about me, for if you are then you are wrong. The point of the possible penalty was not that there was not any time left on the clock, the point of the penalty was that UA recovered the ball and UT did not.

If UT would have recovered the ball, they would have had position and since the penalty was committed by the defense they would have had another kick (15 yards closer). But, since UA recovered the ball, the penalty would have pushed them back 15 yards and even with time remaining they would have just downed the ball and there was nothing that UT could have done to stop the clock

But then, this is all said in the article.
Quote:
The ball wasn't recovered by Bama. Last I saw it was sitting on the turf before I kicked my tv over in disgust. And last I checked if you drop the ball and the ref doesn't blow the play dead it's a live ball, since it was recovered properly and then dropped.

I'm not talking about that penalty anyways, i'm talking about Kiffin's poor clock management.

Where have you been? I was hoping you were dead.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

First of all, Kiffin really didn't have poor clock management. We recovered our onside kick and drove down the field into field goal range. At that point, Kiffin has a few options:
  • Attempt to kick a very manageable field goal.
  • Throw the ball and risk an interception and have no chance of a field goal.
  • Run the ball and risk a fumble and also have no chance of a field goal.

Kiffin went with the odds and went for the field goal. Yes, we had missed one at that point and also had 1 blocked. The miss is solely on the shoulders of Lincoln. The block rests solely on the shoulders of our offensive line not doing their job blocking for Lincoln. So at this point, you must play the odds, especially with Crompton as your QB, and have faith in your kicker to hit a game winning field goal that's well within his range. After a few days to watch the game once more, I don't fault Kiffin for that call.

With that being said, I'm sick and tired of hearing call in shows here in Knoxville about the game. Everyone is complaining about that last play and it's really getting on my last nerve. I've been a die hard Tennessee fan since I can ever remember watching college football and have been a UT student since 2007. The fact remains that we did not capitalize on many opportunities we had to put the game away and upset the number 1 team. We missed one field goal and had two blocked. We had penalties called on us during a very solid drive in the third quarter that took us out of field goal range. We did everything in our power to shoot ourselves in the foot and we did just that. Kiffin outcoached Saban. Tennessee outplayed Alabama. There was no reason that we should lose that game, but alas, we screwed up on a few key plays that cost us the upset.

Good game Alabama, see you in Knoxville next year.

ΦΚΨ
Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #1929
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Running the clock down from 40 to 9 on third down is poor clock management. Period.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #1930
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

If Lincoln hits the field goal, why give Bama any extra time to score?

ΦΚΨ
Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #1931
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

You still have the punt. Get the delay of game penalty, and the closer you get the shorter the field is and the more likely your kicker is to get the touchback. See,I'm a better coach than Kiffin.

40 second sis too much but 9 seconds is too little. 20 would have been just right.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #1932
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

This has nothing to do with SEC football, but man, the Big 10 refs up in Iowa City today look almost as bad as the SEC ones!

ΦΚΨ
Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1933
trophyman582
Bаnned

Send a message via AIM to trophyman582 Send a message via MSN to trophyman582 Send a message via Yahoo to trophyman582
I really hope Carolina gets beat tonight. They're getting a little too smug about being ranked.
Lies. A more accurate assessment would be "half of the posters on this forum are at least functionally retarded."
Check out my MiniCity!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #1934
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

That iowa game was hilarious. oh, and SUCK IT DAWGS!!!!! CALEB STURGIS PWNZ U!!!!!!
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #1935
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Got em Spurrier.

ΦΚΨ
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #1936
trophyman582
Bаnned

Thank you for that.
Check out my MiniCity!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #1937
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

ΦΚΨ
Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #1938
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

How many in conference wins y'all got again? Someone remind me.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #1939
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Hey you're welcome by the way. Our win yesterday put you in Atlanta.

ΦΚΨ
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #1940
HurleyHero67
Accomplished Exile

Location: Radford during the school year, but Richmond is home.
Send a message via AIM to HurleyHero67 Send a message via Yahoo to HurleyHero67
Hahah I love it...two years later and you shameless, self-promoting SEC boys are still at it, the same posters over and over. Just messin', I know you guys know your football and the SEC is still the best and all that, I just figured there would be a "college football" thread by now instead of just this... but I'm also not surprised at all, considering there have never been many non-SEC fans on this site that knew what they were talking about.

Go 'Bama. They looked fabulous when they took us to town at the beginning of this year, and I'm really hoping they put Tebow in his place by the end of this season.
HurleyHero67 is offline   Reply With Quote