pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Kingman

Old 06-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
nyfrase

spyder sonix problems

ok my spyder sonix was shooting alot of liquid co2 is there anything i can do besides buy an anti-siphon tube ?
nyfrase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
spyder_013
Primal Concrete Sledge

why would you want to do anything else? I suppose you could get a X-Chamber but A/S is much better

XSV
SD AFTERMATH
Buy Some Stuff:
spyder_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Milky Spore

Send a message via AIM to Milky Spore
Anti-siphoning your tank is the easiest, best, and cheapest solution. Of course, if you ever get a different ASA, or choose to use the tank on another marker with a different ASA, you'll have to have the tank valve removed and have the tube bent to the ASA you're using.

Other, not as good, cheap, or effective solutions are a remote line, which costs like $50, and can still possibly suck in liquid Co2. You also have the expansion chambers, which help a little, but not a lot, and cost like $30, plus you need macroline, and fittings for it to work. An anti-siphon valve would cost like $10, and the shop could put it in for $10, or if you feel you can remove the tank valve and re-install it safely, and do the procedure safely, use this guide.

http://model98.org/forum/index.php?topic=5162.0

Only things I would change for your safety is don't use red loc-tite on the tank valve, and don't use blue loc-tite on the burst disk.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Etfren
Eh?

Also, the Palmers male Stabalizer would be a good upgrade to reduce the risk of sucking liquid CO2.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
nyfrase

ok what does it do ? Doesnt just tilt ur tank down so the liquid stays at the bottom ?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 AM   #6
Milky Spore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfrase View Post
ok what does it do ? Doesnt just tilt ur tank down so the liquid stays at the bottom ?
What, an anti-siphon? No, it is a tube, attatched to the valve with that compression fitting, that is bent upwards when the tank is screwed into the marker. Since the only way out of the tank is through the tube, and since the tube is bent up towards the top of the tank where only gas is, it prevents liquid Co2 from entering, if installed correctly. You can't use an anti-siphon tube if you have a remote line. Also, if you start to shoot the gun at wacky angles (like upside down), it will suck in liquid Co2.

Actually, if you have the normal Sonix, not the Sonix Pro, you can remove the fore-grip and bottom line, and where to fore-grip once was, screw the tank into there. This makes it so liquid can't enter the marker, because gravity is pulling the liquid to the bottom of the tank, but it makes the marker very unbalanced.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
nyfrase

yeah i have a sonix 07 and i put the tank where the fore grip was but its hard to un screw and then theres nothin to put under ur arm
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #8
Milky Spore

You shouldn't be unscrewing it until you're out of Co2 anyways.

Just get an anti-siphon tube installed, you'll be glad you did.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
nyfrase

yeah ok i will but arnt u spossed to take it off after every use ?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
Milky Spore

Yes, after every time you use it, but you should keep on playing until you run out of Co2, making it easy to take the tank off.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
StarfuryTH
Starfury

Ok, how is an anti-siphon tube going to work any better than a remote line on a vertically mounted tank? The remote line pulls CO2 directly from the top of the tank. Just as hard to get liquid CO2 up there as it is to get it into an anti-siphon tube. I'm using this setup with my E-frame Rodeo and it works great.

Granted, a remote doesn't work too well for speedball, but works great for woodsball.
StarfuryTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
spyder_013
Primal Concrete Sledge

see an Anti-Siphon is much, much cheaper, plus it works good for speedball, because it adds nothing to your body, or the marker outside. and liquid can get in the hose quite easily, but its not as likely unless your me I crawl a lot, so the tank is on its side and liquid gets in the line and pushes into the marker.

the Vertical Tank setup is great, but you cant use a big tank without throwing your balance off, plus it greatly increases your profile, but if you dont have any money, its free if you already have the tank, though I wouldnt want to do it with out a 3.5oz tank.

you can get a A/S for around $10 shipped and if nowhere will install it, its is very easy to do, go to sundragonpps.com for a guide and the tube. (dont loctite the burst disk, but please do valve with red loctite, I recently filled a tank that didnt loctite his valve and the tank valve unscrewed part way during filling.

A/S is probably the best way to keep liquid out of your marker aside from HPA

XSV
SD AFTERMATH
Buy Some Stuff:
Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
nyfrase

ok thanks and i have a really long 12 oz tank
Old 06-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #14
spyder_013
Primal Concrete Sledge

same here, I have a 20oz. and a super long 9oz. and about 100 12g's

XSV
SD AFTERMATH
Buy Some Stuff:
Old 06-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #15
StarfuryTH
Starfury

I use a 20oz tank in my pack, works great. No problems with balance. Also helps if you have a good pack. My NXE pack is elastic and snugs up real well, so it's not flopping around all over the place. The remote line was only $15, but the pack and pods were another 30 i think
StarfuryTH is offline   Reply With Quote