pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > First Endeavor

Old 08-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
sub-zero
Rockin The PMR

Send a message via AIM to sub-zero
Exclamation Quest!!!

So what do you guys think is the quest worth the money and what should i know about it if i were to spend the extra money to buy it.
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Uziel Gal
Legend

It's more efficient than most spool valve markers, right out of the box. Even more so with the "Gold Member" after market bolt.

Has a nice, smooth roller bearing trigger as standard, with magnetic return, and includes a large trigger guard.

It has an LPR (something that a Shocker lacks).

Much cheaper than a DM.

Comes with a grip frame that can be mounted in two positions on the marker to suit your taste.

Two-piece barrel.

Built in snatch grip as standard.

Stock clamping feed neck (with lever clamping module available to add to the stock neck).

OK, nothing that I have said is revolutionary, and other than the good efficiency, nothing really stands out as being spectacular, but equally, there's nothing that stands out as being bad. It's a good, solid, quality marker all round, with no bad points to highlight it's good points. Add it's lack of bad points to it's high efficiency and a trigger that some people rave about, and you have a marker that justifies it's cost.

If I needed another marker (and I really don't), and I didn't have the $1200+ for an Ego7, DM7 etc. then the Quest would be towards the top of a very short list of markers that I would happily take in their place.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
sub-zero
Rockin The PMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
It's more efficient than most spool valve markers, right out of the box. Even more so with the "Gold Member" after market bolt.

Has a nice, smooth roller bearing trigger as standard, with magnetic return, and includes a large trigger guard.

It has an LPR (something that a Shocker lacks).

Much cheaper than a DM.

Comes with a grip frame that can be mounted in two positions on the marker to suit your taste.

Two-piece barrel.

Built in snatch grip as standard.

Stock clamping feed neck (with lever clamping module available to add to the stock neck).

OK, nothing that I have said is revolutionary, and other than the good efficiency, nothing really stands out as being spectacular, but equally, there's nothing that stands out as being bad. It's a good, solid, quality marker all round, with no bad points to highlight it's good points. Add it's lack of bad points to it's high efficiency and a trigger that some people rave about, and you have a marker that justifies it's cost.

If I needed another marker (and I really don't), and I didn't have the $1200+ for an Ego7, DM7 etc. then the Quest would be towards the top of a very short list of markers that I would happily take in their place.
well if i had the money to spend would this be good as a first gun. Keep in mind though i am not a noob player it is just that i dont have my own gun yet i am a very good player looking to find a team to play on afer about a month of getting used to what ever gun i get. so this if the fores gun i will have bought but i do have high standards so if you think this gun isnt for me then what gun do you think would be right for me?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Uziel Gal
Legend

A lot of people would say that this was a lot of marker for your first gun, and truth be told, it probably is. Question is whether you are really serious about paintball? If you are, then it would be a waste of $225 to buy an Ion, say, knowing full well that you are going to want something better soon afterwards. If you know that you are in paintball for the long term, want to play on a team etc. and want a high-end marker to do so, then you may as well skip the cheap markers, save the money you would have spent on them, and get something that you want. The Quest performs well, is relatively simple to work on, and shouldn't let you down.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
sub-zero
Rockin The PMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
A lot of people would say that this was a lot of marker for your first gun, and truth be told, it probably is. Question is whether you are really serious about paintball? If you are, then it would be a waste of $225 to buy an Ion, say, knowing full well that you are going to want something better soon afterwards. If you know that you are in paintball for the long term, want to play on a team etc. and want a high-end marker to do so, then you may as well skip the cheap markers, save the money you would have spent on them, and get something that you want. The Quest performs well, is relatively simple to work on, and shouldn't let you down.

well what if tried to save like $100 and went with an etek ego would that be a good choice to is the quest soo much better for the money
Old 08-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
Uziel Gal
Legend

An Etek Ego is a good, solid marker in it's own right, but works by an entirely different operating method. Ram and poppet valve markers are generally considered to kick more than spool valve markers, and to be generally "Less smooth"; though that isn't to say that they can't be set up to have minimal kick.

There's no roller bearing trigger, and a one-piece barrel, so some of the difference in price is explained right there.

Really, this forum is only intended for the discussion of First Endeavor's markers. If you have a few markers that you are considering, I would suggest posting about your choice in the High-End Electronic Marker's forum, where all marker brands can be discussed equally.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend: