pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > MacDev

Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
laxmaniac88
XBL Tag

Build-a-Borg

bad news: shocktech ran out of alias kits so i will not be building a timmy
good news: now my project is a 06 borg.
The parts I have: Body, trigger frame, vertical adapter
so what do I need?
and of course my two tippys
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmaniac88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncormier4 View Post
yup, my one and only, and dont tell me not to wait till i get a better gun and then upgrade because someone told me that once..
yea and it was probably me...
laxmaniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
trigger,reg,board,eyes,detents and all necessary wiring, solenoid, bolt, valve,poppit,lpr,feedneck,ram and ram cap.

paintball kingdom has the majority of the parts you need, but if theres something u need that u cant find just contact jim at PBK and he'll hook u up. Or just tell him what u have and he'll get you all that you need.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Tabris17
Super Moderator

Pretty much what Ambush said.
Lpr, lpr internals, lpr spring, spring spacer, poppet valve, ram, ram body, ram cap, bolt, bolt pin, eye covers, eyes, feedneck, battery harness, solenoid, trigger, trigger pin, solenoid manifold, valve guide screw, board, hpr.
That's all I can get off the top of my head. The Cyborg project is going to be much harder then an intimidator honestly. Specifically because of the solenoid manifold and the small odds and ends of screws, spacers, and the like.
If you plan to go with this the best thing would be to contact Jim or Mike at PBK and have them get everything together for you but that order is going to cost several hundred dollars. I'm going to be honest that it is going to be extremely expensive just to bring it to stock specs and the best thing would be to just buy a new 06 Borg. It's going to be all the little things that kill you like those pins, spacers, and such.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
laxmaniac88
XBL Tag

so a new borg for 650 is a better idea? or i can get a used one for 425
if the total for everything else is under 400 its cheaper than buying new.
Quote:
Quote:
yup, my one and only, and dont tell me not to wait till i get a better gun and then upgrade because someone told me that once..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Tabris17
Super Moderator

I highly doubt buying all the parts would be cheaper then new if you put the cost of the body, frame, and vertical adapter you already have into the equation.
The board is going to cost around $100, the regs are $80 if I recall off the top of my head, triggers are $45 if you get a PBK or maybe $35. Then you have the on/off price if you don't have one already. You're already looking at nearly $200 for just four items already. Maybe if you found a part out it would be cheaper but more often then not people are just selling the whole marker.
Buying the whole thing together with a warranty new would be a much much better idea for this kind of marker. I honestly can not recall a Borg part out except for perhaps the 04/05/Sonics and you're going to get nickled and dimed to death on the small parts.

PBK has a used olive 06 for $575 as well. At least you know from them they'll have looked at it, more then likely teched it, and they may even provide a warranty of sorts. I would just inquire about what it is if they offer one. http://www.paintballkingdom.com/inde...OD&ProdID=1457

At least you have an idea of what you're looking at. $650 brand new, $575 used from PBK, and around $450 used from PBN. But you obviously run the risk of inheriting issues from the previous owners. Though you may win out in terms of upgrades. Though a stock 06 is a force to be reckoned with, the stock board is a Predator board.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 09-15-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

id suggest going the complete gun route also. 06's can be had for 450-575 if u look hard enough. Ive even seen 07's as low as 550, but they generally stick around the 600-650 range. Or if u wanna save up and spend a little more.. a droid is a excellent buy
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
Old 09-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
laxmaniac88
XBL Tag

I think that a used borg may be the way 2 go and a warranty would be nice but Its not worth the 200 jump from used to new. and man, i wish i could get a droid.
Im still going to see if it can be completed for less as a project we will c
are borgs worth that much tho? cuz there are plenty of high ends dropping into that price range
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Borgs perform better then the guns falling in that price range. Their best performing stack tube out there. Its like having a viking or excal but half the weight/size.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
sadpanda

If you decide to go back in the alias direction I found 6 st kits available. http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOCKTECH-ALIAS-...2em118Q2el1247
sadpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #10
laxmaniac88
XBL Tag

no those are the small kits they do not come with grip frames its impossible to find a grip frame
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
Tabris17
Super Moderator

You could 'cheat' with the Shocktech grip frame and buy an empire grip frame. The one that came on Empire 1's and 2.5 Dragons before they all got changed to either alias or 2k5 frame. They look identical except for the little bump under the shocktech logo.

As far as completing this project for under the price of a used 06 or even a new 06... I would eat a pair of Uziels underwear if you could some how pull it off. There is no way in my mind you could possibly do it and people know that I love to build and screw with stuff just as bad as Uziel at times so I have a good idea of all the pricing usually.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 09-16-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
laxmaniac88
XBL Tag

where could I get one?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #13
Tabris17
Super Moderator

I have two myself. But you just have to look for an intimidator part out in the BST threads. Usually on IOG or PBN.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 AM   #14
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
where could I get one?
A pair of my under kecks? From myself. Would you prefer heavily or lightly worn?

I have a particularly sweaty pair reserved for Tabris just in case he has to eat them. Might I suggest A1 steak sauce? Bon appetit!

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
Tabris17
Super Moderator

At least it's not the pair from the night of heavy drinking in the pub while consuming steak and kidney pie and watching the Manchester United football game.

PBR Feedback +26/-0
PBN Feedback +9/-0
IOG Feedback +5/-0